#51 2018-08-28 11:41:04

liny195
Пользователь
Кол-во сообщений: 112

Re: Список офферов под мотивированный трафик

鈥?The XFL is set for a surprising second life under WWE leader Vince McMahon.McMahon announced the return of the much-maligned league that spawned He Hate Me and flamed out in 2001 after one wild season.McMahon said the XFL would return in 2020 but offered few other details about the late winter/early spring football league. The XFL will launch with eight teams Cheap Leighton Vander Esch Jersey , 40-man active rosters and a 10-week regular-season schedule. McMahon said the schedule could begin in late January and no cities or TV partners were named.McMahon funded the league through Alpha Entertainment, a new private entity. He will continue as chairman and CEO of WWE.McMahon says he will have an open forum for fans to contribute ideas to the new league.The original XFL was founded by the wrestling company and jointly owned by NBC, and premiered to massive TV ratings. But the audience did not stick around on Saturday nights to watch second-rate football Roquan Smith Jersey , lascivious cheerleader shots, sophomoric double entendres and other gimmicks that quickly doomed the league. Copyright ©2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast Ronald Acuna Jr. Atlanta Braves Jersey , written or redistributed.
The NFL has named five sites as finalists to host the NFL draft in either 2019 or 2020.

Finalists to host either the 2019 or 2020 draft include Denver; Kansas City, Missouri; Las Vegas; Nashville, Tennessee; as well as a combined entry of Cleveland and Canton Richard Rodgers Color Rush Jersey , Ohio. Canton is the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Representatives for each site will offer presentations before the final selections are made in May at the NFL spring meetings in Atlanta.

The draft historically had taken place in New York each year, but the league plans to move it around since it went to Chicago in 2015 and 2016 before moving to Philadelphia last year.

This year's draft is taking place April 26-28 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

#52 2018-08-28 11:53:38

liny195
Пользователь

鈥?The NFL’s Walter Payton Man of the Year Award honors a man’s involvement in the community and performance on the playing field.In this season marked by kneeling during the national anthem by some players as they protest social injustice Texans Cheap Jerseys , three of those demonstrators are on the list of 32 nominees announced Thursday.Seattle defensive end Michael Bennett, Philadelphia safety Malcolm Jenkins, and Miami wide receiver Kenny Stills often have been in the spotlight for their actions and words.Their teammates who selected them as candidates for one of the league’s most prestigious honors appear to be showing support for that trio’s advocacy as well as for those players’ contributions on and off the field.“I think the nomination comes from everything that has been going on, from having the courage we had last year to sit out for something we felt strongly about,” Stills says.“And then all the work we’ve done here in the community, trying to bridge the gap between the community and the police. And the everyday work we’re doing trying to better the city of Miami and our country.”Stills felt no surprise that Bennett and Jenkins also were nominated.“I think our teammates see the commitment and passion from us,” he adds. “It is hard not to recognize guys who are so committed to trying to help others. That’s all it’s about. I’ve been given an opportunity and platform to shine light and positivity on other people. I think guys around the league are being recognized for that.”Stills, Jenkins and Bennett have been targets of heavy criticism from outside the league for their protests, which they believe have been misconstrued as unpatriotic, as being against the anthem, flag and military.That’s not the message at all, Jenkins says.“It has been my goal for the past two years to raise awareness about some important social injustices that plague our country,” he says.“The people who have been unjustly disenfranchised by our criminal justice system and the people who daily fight for them always have, and always will be, the inspiration and focus of my efforts.“I’m proud of what my peers and I have been able to accomplish by using the platform we have these last two years. I’m proud to be part of a group of men who are standing up because we can help others. I’m proud of the men who may now disagree with me and our direction Kyle Lauletta Color Rush Jersey , but still played a significant role in getting results through our actions.”Being nominated for the Walter Payton Award hardly was on their minds when they took such action.Whether they make the list of finalists to be announced in January, Stills, Jenkins and Bennett plan to continue on the same path.There’s been progress, they explain, including the NFL’s recent establishment of an advocacy program within communities across the land. And when they get into those communities, the players recognize the value of their work.Indeed, as Bennett says, they are being enriched, too.“I think there’s always that thing where you come in and you go, ‘How much more can you do? How much more can you give?'” he says.“For me, it’s about if I want people to do stuff, then you have to be that type of example when it comes to giving back. If you want to lead people you have to be in the grass with them. For me, it’s about doing that organic leadership.“There was no particular event that made me do this. I just kind of always had a passion for people and a belief in people. To be able to use this platform for that is great.”A selection panel will be asked to vote for players based on involvement in the community and performance on the playing field. Finalists are announced in January during halftime of the AFC championship game.The winner will be revealed at NFL Honors, when The Associated Press announces its individual award winners, on the night before the Super Bowl.The panel consists of Commissioner Roger Goodell; NFL Senior Vice President of Social Responsibility Anna Isaacson; Pro Football Hall of Famer LaDainian Tomlinson Authentic Sam Hubbard Jersey , who won the award in 2006; last year’s winners, Larry Fitzgerald and Eli Manning; representatives from NBC, Fox, CBS and ESPN; two national sports writers; Connie Payton, Walter’s widow; Brian Gallagher, the CEO of United Way Worldwide; and Terrance Williams, the CMO of Nationwide, which is the presenting sponsor of the award.The nominees:Arizona Cardinals 鈥?Patrick PetersonAtlanta Falcons 鈥?Ben GarlandBaltimore Ravens 鈥?Benjamin WatsonBuffalo Bills 鈥?Lorenzo AlexanderCarolina Panthers 鈥?Greg OlsenChicago Bears 鈥?Sam AchoCincinnati Bengals 鈥?Michael JohnsonCleveland Browns 鈥?Randall TelferDallas Cowboys 鈥?Travis FrederickDenver Broncos 鈥?Chris Harris Jr.Detroit Lions 鈥?Haloti NgataGreen Bay Packers 鈥?Clay MatthewsHouston Texans 鈥?J.J. WattIndianapolis Colts 鈥?Darius ButlerJacksonville Jaguars 鈥?Malik JacksonKansas City Chiefs 鈥?Alex SmithLos Angeles Chargers 鈥?Casey HaywardLos Angeles Rams 鈥?Rodger SaffoldMiami Dolphins 鈥?Kenny StillsMinnesota Vikings 鈥?Kyle RudolphNew England Patriots 鈥?Nate SolderNew Orleans Saints 鈥?Cameron JordanNew York Giants 鈥?Mark HerzlichNew York Jets 鈥?Quincy EnunwaOakland Raiders 鈥?Bruce IrvinPhiladelphia Eagles 鈥?Malcolm JenkinsPittsburgh Steelers 鈥?Cameron HeywardSan Francisco 49ers 鈥?Bradley PinionSeattle Seahawks 鈥?Michael BennettTennessee Titans 鈥?Wesley WoodyardTampa Bay Buccaneers 鈥?Clinton McDonaldWashington Redskins 鈥?Nick SundbergAP Pro Football Writer Rob Maaddi and Sports Writers Steven Wine and Tim Booth contributed. Julio Jones insists his status for training camp was never in doubt.

Jones, the five-time Pro Bowl receiver, was back for the start of Falcons training camp Friday after missing a mandatory minicamp in June while asking that his contract be reworked.

Jones dismissed reports he wouldn't report without a new deal as "he said, she said" speculation.

"We knew all along we were going to get it handled," he said.

For coach Dan Quinn, the most important fact was seeing No. 11 catching passes from Matt Ryan.

"It was awesome to have him back," said Quinn, adding Jones' routes were "really sharp and clean."

Jones drew cheers from fans when he caught a pass on the sideline in front of cornerback Desmond Trufant late in the practice.

General manager Thomas Dimitroff said Thursday the team made an "adjustment" to Jones' five-year Tremaine Edmunds Bills Jersey , $71.5 million contract. Jones is entering the third year of the deal.

Dimitroff said the tweak to Jones' deal wouldn't affect the team's hopes to negotiate contract extensions for left tackle Jake Matthews, defensive tackle Grady Jarrett, and safety Ricardo Allen. On Friday, the team agreed to a five-year, $75 million extension for Matthews.

The biggest new deal of all came earlier in the offseason 鈥?a five-year, $150 million extension for Ryan, the most lucrative contract in NFL history.

Ryan's contract, and the team's talks with Matthews, Jarrett and Allen, were among the reasons Dimitroff said the Falcons couldn't renegotiate Jones' contract until after the season.

Jones confirmed he told Quinn this month he would report to training camp.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said at the NFL owners meeting in May he expected Jones to play his entire career with Atlanta.

"Our relationship has always been excellent so I had the confident in Thomas and the confidence in J.J. being a great Falcon for us not only on the field but off the field and a leader in the locker room," Blank said Friday.

Jones said he and Blank "reiterated what he had told us 鈥?that I'm going to be a Falcon forever."

Asked if it was difficult to be away from the team for the mandatory minicamp and other offseason work, Jones said he told Quinn "It was just me getting healthy as far as some stuff with me, getting back right and feeling 100 percent."

A healthy Jones is especially important to the Falcons' hopes of returning to their offensive form of their 2016 Super Bowl season, when they led the league in scoring.

One year ago, Jones was recovering from minor offseason surgery on his left foot and was limited in the first training camp with offensive coordinator Steve Sarkasian.

Jones didn't miss a game last season despite having two ankle injuries 鈥?plus back Youth Byron Maxwell Jersey , ribs, thumb and knee injuries.

Jones, who also participated in an informal passing camp led by Ryan in California this month, has no injury concerns.

"For me and for the team it's better than I'm healthy and can do everything," he said.

Quinn said wide receiver Russell Gage used advice from Jones to fine-tune a route at the California camp.

"Those were the things that don't show up on the stat sheet that often speak to who he is as a teammate," said Quinn of Jones.

It's not unusual for Jones to be included on Atlanta's game-week injury reports, but he has missed only three games the last four seasons. He has broken his right foot twice, at the NFL combine in 2011 and in 2013 when he missed 11 games.

Jones has remained one of the NFL's most productive receivers. He had 88 catches for 1,444 yards and three touchdowns in 2017. Jones and Marvin Harrison are the only players in NFL history to have at least 80 catches for at least 1,400 yards in four straight seasons

#53 2018-08-28 12:10:35

liny195
Пользователь

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (12-7)

OPEN CAMP: July 26 http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/au … son-jersey , Jacksonville

LAST YEAR: Earned first postseason berth since 2007 and made surprising run to AFC championship game, when Jaguars led New England by 10 points in fourth quarter before losing 24-20. Rode one of league's top defenses 鈥?featuring Pro Bowlers A.J. Bouye, Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, Yannick Ngakoue and Jalen Ramsey 鈥?to most successful season in nearly two decades. RB Leonard Fournette and LT Cam Robinson, both rookies, helped Jacksonville lead league in rushing.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: All-Pro LG Andrew Norwell, TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, CB D.J. Hayden, WRs Donte Moncrief and DJ Chark.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: WRs Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, LB Paul Posluszny Adidas Patrick Kane Jersey , CB Aaron Colvin, TE Marcedes Lewis, RB Chris Ivory, LG Patrick Omameh.

CAMP NEEDS: Stay healthy. Develop chemistry between QB Blake Bortles and revamped receiving corps that features newcomers Moncrief, Chark and Seferian-Jenkins. Bolster running game 鈥?Norwell should help 鈥?that faltered late last season, especially in playoffs. Stout defense returns 10 of 11 starters, which should allow coordinator Todd Wash to make seamless tweaks to stunts, blitzes and coverages to become more diverse.

EXPECTATIONS: With nearly every key starter and entire coaching staff back, Jaguars expect to be AFC contenders in Doug Marrone's second season. They surely will be trendy pick to win AFC South and make consecutive postseason appearances for first time since 1998-99.

SPORTS BETTING

The Supreme Court cleared the way for states coast to coast to legalize betting on sports, breaking a longtime ban and creating a potential financial boon for states and the gambling industry. The first bets could be placed within weeks.

Despite opposition from the major sports leagues and the Trump administration, the high court struck down a federal law that had barred betting on football Logan Woodside Jersey Elite , basketball, baseball and other sports in most states. States that want to take advantage of the ruling now will generally have to pass legislation to allow sports books to open. Some, including New Jersey, which brought the case to the Supreme Court, have a head start.

Sports leagues had expressed concerns about any expansion of sports gambling. Their huge businesses could be badly harmed if people thought the outcome of games could be altered by someone who had wagered money on a certain result.

However, the ruling also could be seen as merely bringing an activity out of the shadows that many people already see as a mainstream hobby.

NBA

HOUSTON (AP) 鈥?Kevin Durant scored 37 points and Klay Thompson added 28 to lead Golden State to a 119-106 win in the long-awaited showdown with the Houston Rockets in Game 1 of the Western Conference final.

Starting a playoff series on the road for the first time since 2014, the Warriors trailed by nine early, but had evened it up by halftime and used a big run at the beginning of the fourth quarter to pull away.

Game 2 is Wednesday night in Houston.

Eric Gordon opened the final period with a 3-pointer to get the top-seeded Rockets within 4, but Thompson scored the first eight points of a 13-4 run to make it 100-87 with about eight minutes left.

PHOENIX (AP) 鈥?Igor Kokoskov is the first NBA head coach born and raised outside North America, but he reminded everyone at his introductory news conference with the Phoenix Suns that he didn't exactly just get off the plane.

Kokoskov, 46 Authentic Will Dissly Jersey , just finished his 18th season as an NBA assistant coach. He's been with six different teams. Some played slow. Some played fast. He has been on the staffs of seven squads to reach the conference finals. This game is not new to him.

Kokoskov was named head coach of the Suns last week but, as an assistant with the Utah Jazz, he had to finish his work in the playoff series against the Houston Rockets before turning his attention to the desert.

ATLANTA (AP) 鈥?At the start of his first news conference as the Atlanta Hawks coach, Lloyd Pierce looked down at a row filled with four of his new players.

His thoughts immediately turned to his passion: Defense.

Pierce, the former Philadelphia 76ers assistant whose agreement to become the Hawks coach was announced Friday, said his first priority will be assembling a staff. Pierce will be looking for assistants who share his passion for defense and his proven ability to connect with young players.

A young Atlanta roster is about to add much more youth in next month's NBA draft.

NHL

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (AP) 鈥?Jonathan Marchessault scored twice and Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 30 shots, lifting the Vegas Golden Knights to a 3-1 series-tying win over the Winnipeg Jets in Game 2 of the Western Conference final.

Kyle Connor scored midway through the third period to pull Winnipeg within a goal. Marchessault restored the two-goal lead 1:28 later.

Tomas Tatar scored 6:37 into the game for the Golden Knights.

Connor Hellebuyck had 25 saves for the Jets.

Game 3 is Wednesday night in Las Vegas.

NFL

HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) 鈥?Three sports memorabilia collectors who accused New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning of providing bogus "game-worn" equipment that was sold to unsuspecting fans settled their lawsuit against the Super Bowl-winning quarterback days before the case was scheduled to go to trial.

A spokesman for the defendants, a group that included Manning, the Giants Authentic Keke Coutee Jersey , two equipment managers and Steiner Sports, the company with whom Manning is under contract to provide game-worn jerseys and helmets for sale, said Monday night a settlement had been reached to resolve the claims. Details were not given.

Plaintiffs Eric Inselberg, Michael Jakab and Sean Godown had sought triple the amount of their alleged losses 鈥?which totaled less than $20,000 combined 鈥?for buying two helmets billed as worn by Manning. They also had sought punitive damages, and claimed in court filings they would produce evidence that would "show that Manning engaged in a pattern of knowingly providing items to Steiner Sports that he misrepresented as having been game-used when he knew they were not."

BASEBALL

CHICAGO (AP) 鈥?Ben Zobrist was joined by Chicago Cubs teammates Kyle Schwarber and Steve Cishek in wearing black spikes on Monday despite a warning from Major League Baseball that he was in violation of the sport's uniform regulations.

Zobrist posted a letter from MLB on Instagram on Saturday that cited him for violating regulations requiring at least 51 percent of the exterior of a player's shoes be the club's designated primary shoe color. For the Cubs, that color is blue.

The letter said Zobrist will be subject to discipline, including a fine, if he continued to wear non-compliant shoes.

Zobrist said he planned to contract Joe Torre, MLB's Chief Baseball Officer.

#54 2018-08-28 12:21:52

liny195
Пользователь

The Buffalo Bills are going to have to play the waiting game to address their needs at either receiver or offensive line the second day of the NFL draft.

The Bills are left with just one pick Cheap Courtland Sutton Jersey , 96th overall, on Friday after giving up two second-round and a third-round selection after swinging a pair of trades on Day 1. Buffalo moved up five spots in the order to draft Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen at No. 7. The Bills then moved up six spots to pick Virginia Tech linebacker Tremaine Edmunds at No. 16.

Buffalo has openings along the offensive line after center Eric Wood was diagnosed with a career-ending neck injury in January, and after left guard Richie Incognito's abrupt retirement.

The receiver position lacks established depth behind Kelvin Benjamin. Buffalo could also be in the market for a running back with veteran workhorse LeSean McCoy set to turn 30 this summer.

The Oakland Raiders reached a deal with another blocking tight end, agreeing on a three-year contract to retain Lee Smith on Wednesday.

A person familiar with the deal confirmed the agreement reached on the first day of the new league year. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the signing hadn't been announced by the team. NFL Network first reported the deal.

The Raiders also were trying to lure former Green Bay star receiver Jordy Nelson, a day after he was released by the Packers. Nelson visited the team facility and Oakland hoped to get him to agree to a contract before leaving.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie worked in the Green Bay front office when Nelson was drafted in 2008 Mike McGlinchey Jersey , and Oakland wide receivers coach Edgar Bennett is a former receivers coach and offensive coordinator with the Packers.

Nelson made the Pro Bowl in 2014 and won AP Comeback Player of the Year in 2016 when he led the league with 14 touchdown catches a year after missing the entire season with a right knee injury.

The 32-year-old Nelson struggled last season with 53 catches for 482 yards and six TDs, recording a career-low 9.1 yards per reception as Aaron Rodgers missed more than half the year with injuries.

Nelson had four 1,000-yard seasons in Green Bay, including 1,519 yards on 98 catches in 2014. In 136 career games Josey Jewell Jersey Broncos , he has 550 catches for 7,848 yards and 69 TDs.

Nelson has experience playing outside, as well as in the slot, and his addition could impact whether Michael Crabtree comes back for a fourth season in Oakland. Crabtree has a $7.7 million cap hit this season but can be cut without dead money.

The Raiders agreed to a three-year contract earlier this week with free agent Derek Carrier, a second person familiar with the deal said on Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the contract hadn't been announced.

Smith joined Oakland originally as a free agent in 2015 and has been a strong run blocker in his three years with the team. He played 35 games Authentic Justin Bethel Jersey , missing most of the 2016 season with a leg injury. He has 26 catches for 175 yards and one touchdown with the Raiders.

The Raiders have several major holes they will look to fill in free agency starting this week as they try to rebound from a disappointing six-win season that led to the firing of coach Jack Del Rio and the move to bring Jon Gruden back for a second stint as coach.

The most glaring spots for the Raiders are on defense, where Oakland will be seeking a starting cornerback to pair with last year's first-round pick Gareon Conley. They must also decide whether to bring back middle linebacker NaVorro Bowman as a free agent or find a replacement elsewhere, and they need to upgrade the pass rush, especially at defensive tackle.

The Raiders also will likely be in the market for a possible replacement for released former starting right tackle Marshall Newhouse, and a running back if they decide not to bring Marshawn Lynch back for a second season.

NOTES: The Raiders tendered offers to all five exclusive rights free agents: LB Shilique Calhoun Michael Gallup Jersey Cowboys , LB James Cowser, S Erik Harris, OL Denver Kirkland, K Giorgio Tavecchio.

#55 2018-09-03 10:04:28

liny195
Пользователь

The Jets decided it was time for Mo to go.

Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson was released by New York on Wednesday Kerry Hyder Jersey , ending the one-time Pro Bowl selection’s stint with the team that drafted him in the first round in 2011.

The long-anticipated move clears $11 million in space under the salary cap, although there will still be a $9 million charge in dead money that will count against the cap. Wilkerson was due to make $16.75 million next season – which would have become fully guaranteed if he remained on New York’s roster by the third day of the league’s new year in March.

Coupled with running back Matt Forte’s retirement announcement earlier Wednesday, the Jets now have about $90 million in cap space.

”I’m disappointed for the team, I’m disappointed for him,” coach Todd Bowles told reporters at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. ”Obviously, it didn’t work out. I have a lot of love for Mo. I still think he’s got a lot of football ahead of him.”

But that won’t be in New York with the Jets.

It became increasingly clearer late in the season that the 28-year-old Wilkerson’s time with the Jets was coming to an end. He was benched at New Orleans on Dec. 17 for being late to a team meeting. Wilkerson then sat out the final two games for what Bowles called a ”coach’s decision.”

The $16.75 million was also fully guaranteed against a serious injury, so the Jets would have been on the hook if Wilkerson got hurt during a game or practice and the injury sidelined him all of next season.

”It was a business decision,” Bowles said about the move to release Wilkerson. ”It wasn’t disciplinary at all. It was good for both parties.”

Wilkerson was the Jets’ highest-paid player and was in the middle of a five-year deal worth $86 million. After vowing during training camp last summer that he would be more of a leader for the Jets, he was disciplined for tardiness twice this past season. He was also benched for one quarter of a game in each of the past two seasons.

”I think when you sign a player, you think of the potential he has and you try to help him fulfill that,” general manager Mike Maccagnan told reporters at the combine. ”When something doesn’t work out, you wish it would have Randy White Jersey , but it didn’t.”

The divorce caps what has been a stunning and disappointing fall from grace for Wilkerson, who was a homegrown kid from the Elizabeth and Linden areas of New Jersey and made it big after a terrific college career at Temple.

He was the 30th overall pick in 2011 and steadily became one of the NFL’s top young defensive ends. Wilkerson made his first Pro Bowl after the 2015 season, but didn’t play in it after breaking his right leg in the Jets’ regular-season finale.

Despite that, Wilkerson was rewarded by New York with the big contract. He returned in time to start in Week 1 in 2016, but was noticeably affected by lingering issues in his right ankle.

Wilkerson then got off to a slow start in 2017 while dealing with shoulder and toe injuries. The off-field issues became magnified with the decline in Wilkerson’s play and the one-time fan favorite was knocked by many fans and media for what was being perceived as a subpar work ethic.

He had just eight sacks in his last 28 games, dating to the start of the 2016 season, including 3 this past season – his lowest total since having three in his rookie season. That came after Wilkerson had a career-high 12 sacks in 2015.

Wilkerson expressed remorse for his actions in December, saying that he ”let the team down.” But he was also defiant when asked if he deserved the $37 million he made during the last two years.

”I feel like I’ve earned everything I’ve gotten,” he said. When asked why he felt that way, Wilkerson replied simply: ”Because I feel like I’ve earned it.”

For his career, Wilkerson has 44 1/2 sacks, one safety Shane Ray Jersey , 10 forced fumbles and 405 combined tackles.

Detroit Lions coach Matt Patricia walked briskly onto a field for his first NFL training camp in charge with a black cap, black pullover and black shorts while a yellow pencil was nestled over his right ear.

And, he didn’t waste any time sending messages on Friday.

Patricia pulled aside safety Tavon Wilson, one of many former New England Patriots now in the Motor City, to say a few words early in practice.

Wilson, knowing Patricia expects everyone to always hustle, listened to what Patricia had to say and then sprinted to rejoin his teammates on another field.

After speaking briefly with team president Rod Wood, the new coach tried to connect with as many players as possible as they stretched out and warmed up. He chatted with some, slapped hands with others and simply tapped helmets as he roamed with a bounce in his step and a smile on his face.

During drills, Patricia spent time with many of the position groups to evaluate quietly or teach with words and gestures.

While Patricia tried to sound businesslike in his news conference before practice, it was clear how fired up he was even before his white sneakers hit the green grass.

”When you walk out on the field again, the painted lines DeShawn Shead Jersey , the fresh cut grass, all of that sort of atmosphere around it, it’s exciting,” he said. ”If you have been in this game a long time, it takes you back years to when whether you were playing or first started coaching or even just a little kid running around.”

The Lions have been around .500 in recent years, winning nine games in each of the past two years after averaging nine wins over the previous two seasons.

That was not enough for Jim Caldwell to keep his job with the franchise for a fifth season.

The Lions fired Caldwell and hired Patricia shortly after last season, hoping some of what he learned as one of Bill Belichick’s top assistants will rub off on a team with one playoff victory in 60-plus years.

Even though Detroit made only subtle roster changes , linebacker Jarrad Davis said the major move made on the sideline may make an impact.

”It can be a huge difference,” Davis said. ”The way he came in, honestly, just set the tone right away. You know, he came in Tavon Wilson Jersey , he laid down the law. He gave us the rules and he came in with energy. … He came in, made it clear, gave us the expectations. And now we have something we can chase.”

Davis declined to say what the Lions are chasing, and Patricia has insisted he is only interested in talking about small-picture goals such as making the most out of each day.

Even though Patricia has not ever led an NFL team, a veteran coach who gave him a pivotal opportunity many years ago believes he is ready.

Detroit defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni, who hired Patricia as a graduate assistant at Syracuse in 2001, said he knew he would be working for a high-energy, bright coach when he accepted the offer. What he didn’t know was how detail-oriented Patricia would be as a head coach.

Patricia has a detailed planned for everything, Pasqualoni said, including the team’s hydration and nutrition plan.

”Until you work with him there’s no way of knowing that,” Pasqualoni said.

NOTES: The Lions put LB Devon Kennard and DE Cornelius Washington on the non-football injury list. … DE Ezekiel Ansah is on the physically unable to perform list.

Luka Doncic Jersey ,

#56 2018-09-03 10:37:59

liny195
Пользователь

Coach Dan Quinn says the Atlanta Falcons want to add a fullback and a safety among their four picks in the final four rounds of the NFL draft.

The team chose not re-sign fullback Derrick Coleman Andre Holmes Jersey , the only player at his position on the roster, and it needs depth at safety behind starters Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen.

The Falcons have a fourth-round pick, a sixth-round pick and two spots in the seventh round. They chose Alabama receiver Calvin Ridley in the first round Tyler Higbee Jersey , Colorado cornerback Isaiah Oliver in the second and South Florida defensive tackle Deadrin Senat in the third.

Another area of concern is defensive end following the free-agent departure of sacks leader Adrian Clayborn. Vic Beasley, the NFL sacks leader in 2016, will move back to end this season after spending last year at linebacker and having a falloff in production T. J. Carrie Jersey , but Quinn still wants to improve the pass rush.

Ottawa Senators captain Erik Karlsson won’t play Wednesday night against the Buffalo Sabres, and coach Guy Boucher says he’s not expecting the defenseman to join the team for its final two games.

The Senators let Karlsson determine his playing schedule so he could be close to his wife after their baby was stillborn two weeks ago. Karlsson played the past four games after missing three of four.

Though he’s not anticipating Karlsson to play, Boucher says he’s holding onto the possibility of the two-time Norris Trophy winner rejoining the team before Ottawa closes its season Saturday at Boston.

Ottawa has been eliminated from playoff contention and plays Friday at Pittsburgh.

Karlsson’s future in Ottawa is uncertain. Though he has one year left on his contract Glover Quin Jersey , the Senators are unsure if they can re-sign Karlsson to a long-term extension. They attempted to trade him this year.

Boucher also announced goalie Mike Condon will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a concussion in practice Tuesday.

More NHL hockey:  Jameer Nelson Jersey ,

#57 2018-09-03 10:52:26

liny195
Пользователь

Oakland Raiders cornerback Gareon Conley is dealing with another training camp injury and is expected to miss at least two weeks because of a hip strain.

Conley has not practiced since the first day of training camp last week and only made a brief appearance Monday while the rest of the team worked out in pads.

Raiders coach Jon Gruden did not specify how long Conley's recovery will take Kendall Lamm Jersey , but it seems certain that the 24th overall pick in 2017 will at least sit out the team's first preseason game against Detroit on Aug. 10.

"I don't have a time frame," Gruden said. "I think that (two weeks) would be a fair assessment, yes."

For the 23-year-old Conley, it has to feel like deja vu after missing all of training camp as a rookie because of shin injury that lingered into the regular season.

Oakland's first-round draft pick a year ago, Conley played in only two games last season and showed his potential when he made a stellar leaping breakup of a pass against the Jets in Week 2. But he never fully recovered from the injury and was placed on injured reserve in November.

Conley arrived in Napa last week hopeful of claiming a starting spot in Oakland's revamped secondary. In a tweet the night before the first practice, he wrote: "Praying for a healthy camp and a healthy season for me and all my brothas."

Conley got off to a good start Jamon Brown Jersey , making an athletic play Friday to break up a pass in 7-on-7 drills after initially getting beat on an inside move. He left practice not long after that and has yet to return.

His absence comes as the Raiders are installing a new system under defensive coordinator Paul Guenther.

Guenther said he was optimistic that Conley won't be out too long and noted that his absence has opened up opportunities for other players.

"We have a lot of guys working out there at corner. It's going to be a good battle to see who come out of it," Guenther said. "We're going to try to get him back on the field and make sure he's in the meeting room taking notes and understanding that he's not getting behind with the techniques of what we're teaching."

While Conley recovers, Daryl Worley has been practicing at right cornerback with the starting defense. Veteran Rashaan Melvin is on the left side.

Asked if he was concerned about Conley's injury, Gruden paused.

"I don't know if concerned is the word. I think disappointed is the word," Gruden said. "He comes out to start training camp, he's in superb shape Eric Dickerson Jersey , he makes a great play and he gets a setback. Hopefully he comes back sooner than later. Disappointed is the big word I think. His heart is broken. He's put a lot into this and he knows he has to stay healthy and get out there for us because we need him."

NOTES: RB Jalen Richard missed a second consecutive practice with a calf injury, although it's not considered serious. ... G Ian Silberman got extensive work at right tackle with both the first- and second-team offenses. ... RT Donald Penn, second-round pick P.J. Hall, DT Eddie Vanderdoes, RB Chris Warren and G Cameron Hunt were held out of practice.

Richie Incognito tells The Associated Press he's back home training in Arizona and feeling great, two weeks after the former Buffalo Bills offensive lineman spent three days in a mental hospital following an alleged outburst at a south Florida gym.

Without discussing the outburst Geno Atkins Jersey , Incognito wrote in a text to The AP on Wednesday that he is still pursuing continuing his NFL career for a 12th season. He focused a majority of his message thanking friends and fans for their support, and specifically singled out former teammate, center Eric Wood.

Incognito referred to Wood as a pillar of the community and added: "When I would have a dark day, he was a bright shining light that helped me through. I owe him a lot."

Incognito also thanked the Bills and team owners Terry and Kim Pegula for providing him an opportunity to resurrect his career. The Bills signed Incognito in January 2015 after he spent 18 months out of football following his role in the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal.

He referred to his three seasons in Buffalo as being some of his fondest memories.

Incognito then closed his message by saying he hopes to sign with another team so that he can come back to Buffalo to beat the Bills, before adding a smiling face emoji wearing sunglasses.

The 34-year-old Incognito has had a tumultuous offseason.

Two weeks ago, police placed Incognito in a mental hospital after he allegedly threw weights and tennis balls at gym employees and another patron T.J. Lang Jersey , and told officers the government is spying on him.

In April, Incognito abruptly fired his agent and then retired by posting a note on Twitter before having a change of heart. The Bills granted his request to be released to potentially sign with another team on May 21.

Robert Williams Jersey ,

#58 2018-09-03 11:04:40

liny195
Пользователь

The New York Giants cut veteran cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie on Sunday.

Rodgers-Cromartie and the team failed to rework his contract Ryan Hewitt Jersey , which called for him to make $6.5 million in salary and a cap hit of $8.5 million.

The 2017 season was a difficult one for the 10-year pro who didn't have an interception and was suspended for one game by then-coach Ben McAdoo for leaving practice without permission.

But Rodgers-Cromartie expressed his regret about leaving the franchise in a tweet Sunday.

"Once a Giant always a Giant right. Thanks for everything, Ima miss my dogs but y'all knw me, SEE BALL, GET BALL!!!"

Rodgers-Cromartie was a first-round draft pick out of Tennessee State by the Cardinals in 2008. He played three seasons for Arizona, getting 13 interceptions, returning two for touchdowns out of three he picked off in 2010. He scored four TDs for Arizona.

He then went to Philadelphia for two years, Denver for one before spending the last four seasons with New York.

Rodgers-Cromartie will be 32 in April. He insisted he mishandled the events leading to his suspension last October Sam Shields Jersey , both in how he acted during a game against the Chargers on Oct. 8, and two days later when McAdoo told him he would be inactive for the trip to Denver.

"To be honest, coach called me up and he said some things and I kind of didn't agree with it and I handled it the wrong way," Rodgers-Cromartie said then. "At the end of the day, that's on me. So the suspension, I take that. All I can do is try to work back to get in good grace with the guys. I'm just glad that they didn't let this turn them from me and they accepted me and I'm just back working, man."

Janoris Jenkins remains the only proven cornerback on the Giants Ronald Leary Jersey , with troubled Eli Apple still on the roster and potentially slated to replace Rodgers-Cromartie in the lineup.

Cincinnati’s Matt Harvey will try to build on the momentum from his last start, but he’ll have to do it against a team that has handled the right-hander, even when he was in his top form.

Harvey (2-5, 5.66 ERA) will start the second game of a three-game series against the Atlanta Braves on Tuesday. The Braves will counter with veteran Anibal Sanchez (3-1, 2.55).

The Braves won the series opener 5-4 in 11 innings on Monday to end Cincinnati’s seven-game winning streak. Atlanta leads the season series 3-2.

“It’s starting to come around,” Harvey said. “We have been watching a lot of video, making sure everything stays the same throughout the start.”

Harvey defeated the Chicago Cubs 6-2 in his last start and allowed two runs in six innings Daryl Williams Jersey , striking out six. That broke a three-game losing streak and improved his record to 2-3 with Cincinnati, which he joined on April 8 in a trade that sent catcher Devin Mesoraco to the New York Mets.

“(The Cubs game) was a lot closer,” Harvey said. “It’s trusting your mechanics and the work that goes in between starts.”

But in 13 career starts against Atlanta, Harvey is 3-7 with a 5.27 ERA. He appeared in two games against the Braves while with the Mets and went 0-1 with a 12.37 ERA. In his only start against Atlanta in 2018, Harvey allowed six runs in six innings.

Sanchez has been the biggest surprise of the season for Atlanta. Picked up late in spring training, the right-hander has provided consistency in the back end of the rotation. After missing a month with a hamstring injury, Sanchez has made five starts and gone 2-1 with a 3.18 ERA.

He was roughed up a bit at Toronto in last start Michael Johnson Jersey , giving up four runs on five hits and four walks in five innings.

Sanchez has not faced the Reds this season. In four career starts against Cincinnati, Sanchez is 2-2 with a 2.52 ERA. He threw a two-hit shutout against the Reds in 2015, the last time he’s defeated them.

Atlanta continues to show the ability to produce in the late innings and lead the National League with 141 runs in the seventh or later. On Monday the Braves scored the tying run in the seventh and won it in the 11th when second baseman Ozzie Albies delivered the game-winning homer.

It was the 17th homer for Albies and the first walkoff homer of his career.

Albies is batting .545 (12-for-22) during the four games of the current homestand. He had two doubles to go with his homer on Tuesday and leads the league with 44 extra-base hits.

“He’s starting to swing the bat,” manager Brian Snitker said. “He’s been a real stellar guy for us. No doubt he’s aggressive. That makes him what he is. He’s having a heckuva year.”

Cincinnati right fielder Scott Schebler had a double and a homer in the series opener. He has hit safely in eight of his last nine games and 17 of his last 18. Schebler missed three games in the last series while on the bereavement list.

LeBron James Jersey ,

#59 2018-09-03 11:20:36

liny195
Пользователь

— Germain Ifedi was back with the first unit in training camp Monday Martinas Rankin Jersey , two days after Seattle coach Pete Carroll yanked the starting right tackle from the lineup during the Seahawks‘ scrimmage.

The embattled offensive lineman is hoping to keep his starting spot, but didn’t help his cause in Saturday’s scrimmage when he was flagged for a false start and a holding penalty. Carroll had seen enough.

“Yeah, I was real disappointed in that,” Carroll said. “Real disappointed.”

Penalties plagued Ifedi last season when he was flagged 20 times, the most penalties for any player in the NFL. New offensive line coach Mike Solari had a long conversation with Ifedi on the sidelines after he was pulled from the scrimmage.

“We want Germain to be disciplined,” Solari said Monday. “It was unacceptable. Just unacceptable and he knows it. We want to give him immediate feedback. It’s just concentration.”

Ifedi was a first-round draft choice out of Texas A&M in 2016 Ramik Wilson Jersey , but has yet to live up to the lofty expectations. The offensive line overall struggled most of the 2017 season, but Ifedi received most of the ire from the fans for his inconsistent play.

Ifedi knows his must eliminate the same mistakes that resurfaced Saturday.

“It was a learning experience,” Ifedi said. “We know that pre-snap penalties are unacceptable. It’s a lesson. You take the good things you did and move on.”

Ifedi said Solari told him he has to stay calm in every situation and that composure will be key.

“Coach saw something on the field and he thought it was a good time to take me out and let me cool off. I was fine with it,” Ifedi said.

Ifedi was replaced by Isaiah Battle in the scrimmage. Battle is a fourth-year player from Clemson who was acquired in a trade with Kansas City last season. The Seahawks could also opt to move George Fant to right tackle. Fant missed all last season after suffering a major knee injury in the preseason and is backing up Duane Brown at left tackle.

Solari said last week that the best five players will start on the offensive line. He told Ifedi what he expects of him if Ifedi hopes to remain the starter.

“Germain’s a good football. He’s working on his technique. For a coach, it’s never quick enough, but we are demanding that he do it right Anthony Castonzo Jersey ,” Solari said.

Solari is expected to use more man-on-man blocking and less of the zone-blocking concept that predecessor Tom Cable employed. The Seahawks want to return to being more of the power-running team they were with Marshawn Lynch.

The Seahawks signed veteran guard D.J. Fluker to improve their run blocking. The other expected starters are Brown, second-year player Ethan Pocic at left guard and Justin Britt at center. Seattle also signed veteran guard J.R. Sweezy last week. Sweezy began his career with the Seahawks in 2012 and started on the Super Bowls teams in the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

The unit’s first test will come Thursday night when Seattle opens the preseason against Indianapolis. And there will be plenty of attention on Ifedi.

“It’s a big week for me with a new coach,” Ifedi said. “Mike is a great coach and you can tell he really cares about us. There’s pressure every year to get better and step up your game. You have to constantly evolve.”

Thunder television play-by-play man Brian Davis has been suspended for Game 1 of the playoff series against Utah on Sunday for a comment he made about star Russell Westbrook during Oklahoma City’s regular-season finale against Memphis.

Davis said Westbrook was ”out of his cotton-pickin’ mind,” an exclamation that came after the Oklahoma City guard made an assist in Wednesday’s game on his way to setting an NBA record for averaging a triple-double in multiple seasons.

Cotton picking was the primary responsibility for black slaves in the South, so the term can be offensive when used by a white person to describe a black person. Many took to social media to complain about Davis’ choice of words. Davis is white and Westbrook is black.

Dan Mahoney, the Thunder’s vice president of broadcasting and corporate communications Rod Smith Jersey , said the team considered the comment ”inappropriate.”

”It is with great remorse and humility that I accept this suspension for the insensitive words I used during Wednesday’s broadcast,” Davis said in a statement. ”While unintentional, I understand and acknowledge the gravity of the situation. I offer my sincere apology and realize that, while I committed a lapse in judgment, such mistakes come with consequences. This is an appropriate consequence for my actions.”

Davis also apologized on Facebook.

Mahoney said Matt Pinto, the team’s radio play-by-play announcer Richard Dent Jersey , will step in for the television broadcast, and the audio for television will be used for radio as a simulcast.

Kostas Antetokounmpo Jersey ,

#60 2018-09-03 11:35:29

liny195
Пользователь

Ben Simmons topped LeBron James in a triple-double battle to lead the Philadelphia 76ers to their 13th straight win in their biggest game in six years Walter Payton Jersey , 132-130 over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night.

With a buzz in the city over the Sixers that hasn’t been felt since the pre-Process days, they romped toward a 30-point lead over the Cavs in the first half and scored 78 points at the break.

Simmons had 27 points, 15 rebounds and 13 assists. James had 44 points (17-of-29 shooting), 11 assists and 11 rebounds, bringing the Cavaliers to the brink of an epic comeback.

The Sixers (49-30) moved into third place in the Eastern Conference over the Cavaliers (49-31).

RAPTORS 92, PACERS 73

TORONTO (AP) – Serge Ibaka scored a season-high 25 points, DeMar DeRozan had 12 and Toronto beat Indiana, clinching first place in the Eastern Conference for the first time in team history.

Jakbo Poeltl scored 10 points as the Raptors set franchise records for wins in a season (57) and home wins (33).

Kyle Lowry had nine points and nine assists, and Jonas Valanciunas added 12 rebounds for Toronto, which never trailed in its ninth consecutive home victory over the Pacers. Indiana last won north of the border on March 1, 2013.

Glenn Robinson III scored 12 points and Trevor Booker had 11 for the Pacers. Indiana shot 26 for 87 (29.9 percent) and set season-lows in points, made field goals, and field goal percentage.

CELTICS 111 Brian Urlacher Jersey , BULLS 104

BOSTON (AP) – Greg Monroe came off the bench and had 19 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists, and Boston defeated Chicago.

It is Monroe’s second career triple-double. Jaylen Brown finished with a career-high 32 points and four rebounds.

With Al Horford and Jayson Tatum given the night off to rest, Boston went deep into its bench against a Chicago team that’s one of the worst in the NBA.

Chicago led by as many as 11 in the first half before Boston trimmed it to 58-55 at the half. But the Celtics outscored the Bulls 56-46 over the final two quarters.

Sean Kilpatrick led the Bulls with 24 points. Lauri Markkanen added 20 points and five rebounds.

TIMBERWOLVES 113, LAKERS 96

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Jimmy Butler scored 18 points in his return from right knee surgery, Jeff Teague had 25 points and eight assists, and Minnesota beat Los Angeles.

Butler played 22 minutes and was 7 for 10 from the field in his first game since getting hurt against Houston on Feb. 23. He had surgery two days later for a cartilage injury and missed 17 games.

Minnesota moved into sole possession of eighth place in the Western Conference.

Taj Gibson also scored 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, while Karl-Anthony Towns had 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Timberwolves, who were on the second night of a back-to-back. They lost to the Denver Nuggets on Thursday.

Julius Randle scored 20 points and added 10 rebounds for the Lakers, who have lost nine of their last 13. Brook Lopez had 18 points and six rebounds, while Josh Hart tallied 20 points and 11 rebounds off the bench.

HAWKS 103 WIZARDS 97

WASHINGTON (AP) – Taurean Prince scored 23 points, including 10 in the fourth quarter, and Atlanta beat Washington.

Washington dropped its fourth straight game and fell into eighth place in the Eastern Conference.

Bradley Beal led the Wizards with 32 points.

Wizards point guard John Wall sat out what was the second of back-to-back games for Washington Kyle Fuller Jersey , and forward Markieff Morris left with 4:11 remaining in the first quarter when he picked up two quick technical fouls.

Six Hawks scored in double figures. Reserve Tyler Dorsey had 22 points, including 13 in the second half for the Hawks, who had lost two straight.

Kelly Oubre Jr. scored 13 points for the Wizards and Otto Porter Jr. had 10.

PELICANS 122, SUNS 103

PHOENIX (AP) – Nikola Mirotic scored a season-high 31 points and tied a season best with 16 rebounds, Anthony Davis had 33 points and 11 boards, and New Orleans beat Phoenix.

Jrue Holiday added 22 points and 10 assists to help the Pelicans move into a tie for the Western Conference’s fifth seed with idle San Antonio and Oklahoma City. New Orleans (45-34) won its second straight after losing four in a row.

The Pelicans led by double digits throughout the entire fourth quarter.

Marquese Chriss led Phoenix with 23 points and Josh Jackson added 22 points and 11 rebounds. The Suns have lost 16 of 17 and are closer to clinching the NBA’s worst record.

PISTONS 113, MAVERICKS 106, OT

DETROIT (AP) – Reggie Jackson scored 12 of his 24 points in the fourth quarter and overtime and Detroit beat Dallas.

Andre Drummond added 19 points and 16 rebounds for the Pistons, who had six scorers in double figures.

Johnathan Motley led the Mavericks with career highs of 26 points and 12 rebounds.

Detroit led 101-98 with a minute left in regulation, but Dallas coach Rick Carlisle kept starters Harrison Barnes, Dwight Powell and Dennis Smith Jr. on the bench.

Luke Kennard missed a clinching 3-pointer, and after Dallas turned the ball over, Jackson missed a shot that would have made it a five-point game with 30 seconds left.

Motley tied the score with a 3 with 10.1 seconds left Terrance Williams Jersey , and Jackson’s buzzer-beater bounced off the front rim.

Detroit moved ahead 110-105 with 1:29 in overtime, and after a Dallas offensive foul, Jackson’s floater sealed the victory.

KINGS 94, GRIZZLIES 93

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) – Bogdan Bogdanovic connected on a 16-footer with a second left to help Sacramento escape with a victory over Memphis.

Bogdanovic’s jumper capped a close game between two No one on the Utah Jazz is using the word ”stop” when referring to what they’ll try to do to James Harden in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals on Wednesday night after the Houston Rockets‘ star scored 41 points in a Game 1 rout.

They’re simply searching for ways to slow him down a bit after he’s averaged almost 36 points a game in five meetings this season.

”He is a (heck) of a player so it’s going to be tough, but we feel like we can just try to make it a bit tough on him for the whole (time) he’s out there,” Utah’s Joe Ingles said.

Harden made seven 3-pointers in Game 1, leaving the Jazz focused on limiting him from long range.

”Just make him a driver,” rookie Donovan Mitchell said. ”He loves getting back to that 3. They got comfortable in the first half and they went up 30. So just being able to make them uncomfortable and not let them dictate what we do on defense. Make sure we dictate what they do.”

Coach Mike D’Antoni isn’t concerned about anything that the Jazz might throw at Harden on Wednesday and believes the only thing that can keep Harden from a big game is, well, Harden.

”There’s no answer. He’s seen it all,” D’Antoni said. ”Now, he might play bad and that’s because he’s human. But there’s nothing that you can conceivably come up with that can stop one of the best offensive players ever.”

Harden led the NBA in scoring in the regular season by averaging a career-high 30.4 points a game and ranks second behind LeBron James this postseason with 31 points a game.

Houston’s Trevor Ariza Jalen Ramsey Jersey , a player known for his defense, has the task of guarding Mitchell in this series. He was asked what he would try if he had to guard Harden. There was a long pause before Ariza let out a loud sigh and said with a laugh: ”I’d figure out a way to slow him down.”

But the veteran is happy to be playing with Harden and not against him.

”I’m glad I don’t have that problem right now,” he said. ”I wouldn’t tell them what I think. I would let them try to figure it out on their own.”

The top-seeded Rockets expect to see a different team than they did in Game 1 after the Jazz had only about 36 hours between the end of Game 6 against the Thunder and the start of this series.

”I think a couple days’ rest will help them and we’ll get the best they’ve got,” D’Antoni said.

The Jazz refused to use fatigue as an excuse for their poor performance in Game 1, but they did admit that they were feeling better about this game with a little bit of rest. Mitchell said having two days to break down film and work on their game plan has also been beneficial.

Despite trailing by double digits for most of Sunday’s game, the Jazz don’t seemed daunted or discouraged entering Game 2.

”A lot of people have been hitting me up saying: ”Try to keep your head up. It’s only Game 1,”’ Mitchell said. ”And my head was never down. I don’t think any of our heads were ever down. It’s just one game out of a long series … I think being down 0-1 last series and seeing how we came back and responded definitely gives you a sense of more hope than if this would have been the opening round.”

The Jazz will try and even the series without starting point guard Ricky Rubio, who sat out Game 1 and is out indefinitely with a strained left hamstring. The Rockets believe Rubio’s absence changed things for Mitchell. He scored a playoff-high 38 points in Game 6 to lead Utah to the win before scoring 21, which were his fewest of the postseason, on Sunday.

”It makes Donovan handle the ball more than they would like,” Ariza said of Rubio’s injury. ”He’s their dominant scorer at this point so when he has to handle the ball and get everybody involved in the game it kind of takes away from him scoring the ball all the time or being aggressive all the time.”

Vincent Edwards Jersey ,

#61 2018-09-03 11:48:16

liny195
Пользователь

The Philadelphia Eagles went from playoff spectators to hoisting the Lombardi Trophy DJ Chark Jersey , an impressive one-season turnaround that was far from unprecedented in the modern NFL.

The Eagles were the seventh team in the past 19 seasons to pull off that trick in a sport that always goes through some significant playoff turnover each season.

There have been at least four new playoff teams each year since the NFL went to the 12-team format in 1990, including eight new postseason participants last season when the Eagles won it all.

With new blood coming into the playoffs each year, there are just as many teams heading another way, doomed by injuries, age, bad luck, poor coaching or other reasons.

Here's a look at three teams that could go from playoff spectators to participants, and three others that could go the opposite direction:

TRENDING UP

Houston Texans: Deshaun Watson showed flashes of becoming a star quarterback in six starts as a rookie before getting hurt. With the dynamic Watson on offense and a healthy J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus back on defense, the Texans could be in position to get back into the playoffs after a one-year hiatus. The Texans scored at least 33 points in Watson's final five starts and then went 1-8 after he had a season-ending injury in practice. Keeping Watson healthy will be necessary it the Texans are going to rebound.

Green Bay Packers: Green Bay's run of eight straight playoff appearances ended last season thanks mostly to a collarbone injury that limited star quarterback Aaron Rodgers to seven games. With Rodgers again healthy, the Packers should be among the contenders in the NFC, as they usually are. Green Bay was much more active this offseason under new GM Brian Gutekunst Shawn Williams Jersey , adding prominent free agents like Jimmy Graham and Muhammad Wilkerson. New defensive coordinator Mike Pettine should bring a more aggressive approach that could help support Rodgers and the offense.

San Francisco 49ers: San Francisco won its final five games last year after making the switch to Jimmy Garoppolo at quarterback. With Garoppolo signed long term and poised to take his 7-0 career record into his first full season as an NFL starter and coach Kyle Shanahan having much more talent in Year 2 at the helm, the Niners could have the pieces to get back to the playoffs for the first time since 2013. Free-agent running back Jerick McKinnon should spark the offense, and the defense has some key building blocks in DT DeForest Buckner and LB Reuben Foster. Richard Sherman could provide a defensive boost at cornerback if his Achilles tendon injury is healed.

TRENDING DOWN

Buffalo Bills: The Bills ended the longest playoff drought in North America's four major sports leagues when they made the postseason for the first time since 1999. Repeating that in coach Sean McDermott's second season will be a more difficult trick, especially with the change made at quarterback this offseason. Tyrod Taylor was traded to Cleveland, leaving either career backup A.J. McCarron or raw rookie Josh Allen as the top two options. Making the playoffs with one of those two at the helm would be a long shot, even in the weaker AFC.

Tennessee Titans: The Titans also ended a playoff drought last season, making the postseason for the first time since 2008 under third-year quarterback Marcus Mariota and coach Mike Mularkey. Even winning a postseason game wasn't enough for Mularkey to keep his job and Tennessee is now retooling under new coach Mike Vrabel. The Titans are in a tough division with Houston and Indianapolis likely taking big steps forward if Watson and Andrew Luck are healthy, and Jacksonville having one of the league's most talented rosters. That makes a return to the postseason a difficult proposition in Tennessee.

Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons took a step back last year after their Super Bowl collapse the previous season but still made the playoffs as a wild-card team. The offense regressed a bit after losing Shanahan as coordinator. There still is plenty of talent in Atlanta led by quarterback Matt Ryan and receiver Julio Jones, but the NFC is stacked, leaving little margin for error.

DeMarcus Cousins will be ready to play at some point this season. And when he is, the two-time defending NBA champions will be waiting.

Adding a fifth All-Star to their already glitzy lineup Nate Hairston Jersey , the Golden State Warriors have come to terms with Cousins on a one-year, $5.3 million deal – not the biggest money move on Day 2 of the NBA free agency period, but the most intriguing. The low-risk, high-reward deal was confirmed by two people who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because nothing can yet be signed.

The Warriors will be adding Cousins to a lineup that includes All-Stars Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green, as well as a former NBA Finals MVP in Andre Iguodala.

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Rajon Rondo is teaming up with LeBron James.

A person with knowledge of the situation says Rondo has agreed to sign a one-year contract with the Los Angeles Lakers. ESPN, which first reported the agreement, said Rondo will make $9 million.

The Lakers become Rondo’s sixth team. He averaged 8.3 points and 8.2 assists for New Orleans last season.

The Lakers also agreed to a one-year deal worth just under $2.4 million with JaVale McGee, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.

The Lakers will be the sixth club for McGee, who had some spectacular moments in the NBA Finals against James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. McGee shot 16 for 20 – 80 percent – from the floor in the finals Jabaal Sheard Jersey , and the Warriors were 7-1 in playoff games in which he started.

SALT LAKE CITY – Derrick Favors was a top priority for Utah, and the Jazz have succeeded in their quest to retain him.

A person with knowledge of the negotiations says Favors and the Jazz have come to terms on a two-year contract that could be worth up to $36 million.

Favors averaged 12.3 points last season for the Jazz, who reached the Western Conference semifinals.

He turns 27 later this month and the deal represents a nice raise for Favors, who made $12 million last season.

NHL

CALGARY, Alberta (AP) – Forward James Neal signed a five-year, $28.75 million contract with Calgary, giving Johnny Gaudreau and the rest of the Flames a much-needed scoring boost.

Neal has topped 20 goals in each of his 10 NHL seasons, and was considered the top player left on the free-agent market a day after the NHL’s signing period opened.

The signing also comes a day after general manager Brad Treliving talked of a need to upgrade his forward positions to take the pressure off of Gaudreau, Sean Monahan and Matthew Tkachuk.

Calgary becomes Neal’s third team in as many seasons. He was selected by Vegas in the NHL expansion draft a year ago, and scored 25 goals and 44 points in 71 games for the Golden Knights.

The 30-year-old Neal also played for Pittsburgh and Nashville, and has 263 goals and 495 points in 703 career games.

The Flames also signed forward Derek Ryan to a three-year L. P. Ladouceur Jersey , $9.375 million contract. Ryan scored 15 goals and 38 points in his second full season with Carolina last year.

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) – The San Jose Sharks re-signed center Joe Thornton to a one-year contract and signed restricted free agent forward Tomas Hertl to a four-year deal.

Thornton tested the free agent market last summer before returning to San Jose on a one-year, $8 million deal but was intent the whole time this year on staying with the Sharks and signed a $5 million contract on his 39th birthday.

The 24-year-old Hertl had 22 goals and 24 assists in 79 games this past season.

LOS ANGELES (AP) – A judge has dismissed a misdemeanor domestic abuse conviction against former Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov, a move that could clear a path for his return to the NHL.

The judge granted Voynov’s request to dismiss his conviction – over the objection of Los Angeles County prosecutors – three years after he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of corporal injury to a spouse.

Police said he punched, kicked and choked his wife at their Redondo Beach home in October 2014 after a fight that began at a party attended by other Kings players. He served almost two months in jail and voluntarily agreed to return to Russia after he was taken into custody by U.S. immigration officials.

The Kings terminated Voynov’s $25 million contract in 2015 but with his conviction overturned, he can request a hearing with the NHL commissioner to apply for reinstatement.

BASEBALL

MILWAUKEE (AP) – The Minnesota Twins reinstated shortstop Jorge Polanco after he served an 80-game suspension for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug.

Polanco was reinstated before the Twins’ game with the Milwaukee Brewers.

Speaking through the team’s interpreter, Polanco said that the time away from the game ”was very difficult.”

The Twins are hoping that the 24-year-old shortstop builds off his breakout 2017 season. Polanco batted .316 with 10 homers and 42 RBIs over his last 55 games in 2017.

PHOENIX (AP) – The Arizona Diamondbacks hoped to have A.J. Pollock back before the All-Star break. The center fielder’s thumb was in good shape, but he wanted to get his legs under him before returning.

Pollock came back earlier than expected, coming off the 10-day disabled list and putting a key bat back in Arizona’s lineup as it tries to hold onto the NL West lead.

Pollock hit fourth against St. Louis in his first game back since breaking his left thumb while diving for a ball in the outfield against Milwaukee on May 14. He got off to a strong start this season, hitting.293 with 11 homers and 33 RBIs in 40 games before the injury.

S Troy Brown Jr. Jersey ,

#62 2018-09-03 12:05:15

liny195
Пользователь

New Tennessee Titans coach Mike Vrabel has finalized his coaching staff.

The Titans announced the final additions to Vrabel's staff on Tuesday with the hires of assistant special teams coach Matt Edwards Josh Sitton Jersey , defensive assistants Scott Booker and Ryan Crow and quality control coach Matt Pees.

Mike Sullivan and Luke Steckel will remain on the staff as offensive assistants.

Matt Pees is the son of new Titans defensive coordinator Dean Pees. He had been the head coach at Green Mountain High School in Lakewood, Colorado.

Edwards spent the last four years as a defensive coordinator at Tiffin (Ohio) University. Booker coached safeties and special teams at Nebraska this past season after spending seven years on Notre Dame's staff. Crow was a graduate assistant at Ohio State this past season.

Richie Incognito tells The Associated Press he’s back home training in Arizona and feeling great, two weeks after the former Buffalo Bills offensive lineman spent three days in a mental hospital following an alleged outburst at a south Florida gym.

Without discussing the outburst Eddie Goldman Jersey , Incognito wrote in a text to The AP on Wednesday that he is still pursuing continuing his NFL career for a 12th season. He focused a majority of his message thanking friends and fans for their support, and specifically singled out former teammate, center Eric Wood.

Incognito referred to Wood as a pillar of the community and added: ”When I would have a dark day Henry Anderson Jersey , he was a bright shining light that helped me through. I owe him a lot.”

Incognito also thanked the Bills and team owners Terry and Kim Pegula for providing him an opportunity to resurrect his career. The Bills signed Incognito in January 2015 after he spent 18 months out of football following his role in the Miami Dolphins’ bullying scandal.

He referred to his three seasons in Buffalo as being some of his fondest memories.

Incognito then closed his message by saying he hopes to sign with another team so that he can come back to Buffalo to beat the Bills, before adding a smiling face emoji wearing sunglasses.

The 34-year-old Incognito has had a tumultuous offseason.

Two weeks ago, police placed Incognito in a mental hospital after he allegedly threw weights and tennis balls at gym employees and another patron Brian Allen Jersey , and told officers the government is spying on him.

In April, Incognito abruptly fired his agent and then retired by posting a note on Twitter before having a change of heart. The Bills granted his request to be released to potentially sign with another team on May 21.

Luka Doncic Jersey ,

#63 2018-09-03 12:16:26

liny195
Пользователь

A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that the New York Giants have declined to pick up the fifth-year option of offensive tackle Ereck Flowers' contract.

The Giants would have been on the hook for $12.5 million in 2019 had the Giants exercised the option on the deal Flowers signed as the ninth pick overall in the 2014 draft.

The person spoke to The AP on the condition of anonymity because the team has not announced the move.

NFL was the first to report the decision.

Flowers has been the Giants' starting left tackle for the past three seasons Jim Kelly Jersey , but he has been a disappointment.

General manager Dave Gettleman signed New England Patriots left tackle Nate Solder as a free agent in March. The move meant that Flowers would play right tackle this upcoming season, but he has not showed up for the team's voluntary workouts this spring.

Flowers recently hired Drew Rosenhaus as his agent. Flowers' father had represented him. His future with the team remains uncertain.

In other moves, the Giants signed defensive tackle A.J. Francis and quarterback Alex Tanney. They also announced they had been awarded cornerback C.J. Goodwin off waivers from the Arizona Cardinals. Goodwin was released on Tuesday.

Goodwin has played in 28 regular-season games with one start for Atlanta and Arizona. He has 12 tackles (11 solo) and two passes defensed.

Francis has played in nine regular-season games over the past three seasons Ziggy Ansah Jersey , including six for Washington last season. His most productive game was the 2017 season finale against the Giants, when he had six tackles.

Tanney spent last season on the Tennessee Titans' injured reserve list after breaking his left foot in the preseason finale. He has played in one NFL game, the Titans final game of the 2015 season. He completed 10 of 14 passes for 99 yards and a touchdown in a loss at Indianapolis.

The Buffalo Bills have agreed to re-sign linebacker Ramon Humber to a one-year contract.

Humber returns for a third season in Buffalo after starting a career-high nine games last year. He has nine seasons of NFL experience and signed with Buffalo in 2016 to serve in mostly a special teams role.

Last year Domata Peko Jersey , the 30-year-old was credited with 83 tackles, including 12 in a season-opening win over the New York Jets. He also had one sack and forced a fumble while playing about 50 percent of the defensive snaps over 13 games.

Humber's playing time decreased over the season with 2017 fifth-round draft pick, Matt Milano Joel Iyiegbuniwe Jersey , taking over the starting job.

Buffalo still has an opening at starting middle linebacker after Preston Brown signed with Cincinnati last weekend.

Jevon Carter Jersey ,

#64 2018-09-03 12:28:32

liny195
Пользователь

All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey wants to cover the No. 1 receiver each opponent has to offer. He welcomes the challenge. He even requests it.

In the AFC championship game at New England on Sunday John Simon Jersey , it’s a tight end. Rob Gronkowski is considered the NFL’s best at the position, a 6-foot-6, 265-pound behemoth and a daunting matchup for nearly every defender in the league.

Not for Ramsey, who might get a chance to test his skills against the fellow All-Pro.

”He hasn’t played a corner like me before,” Ramsey said Friday.

Ramsey has held his own and then some against a handful of the most dynamic receivers in the league: DeAndre Hopkins, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, T.Y. Hilton, Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Doug Baldwin, Marqise Goodwin and others.

The 6-foot-1, 208-pound Ramsey has the size Sam Shields Jersey , speed, athleticism, instincts and body control to stay with anyone. Gronkowski would create other issues, mainly because of his strength and agility.

Asked what advantage he would have against Gronk, Ramsey replied: ”Everything.”

The Jaguars certainly have faith in their trash-talking, second-year pro.

”If I had to bet on a corner to cover (Gronk), I’d put money on Jalen Ramsey for sure,” quarterback Blake Bortles said. ”I’ve been impressed with everything I’ve ever seen out of him. His physical tools and obviously his mental toughness and what he’s able to do throughout the game and kind of getting in guys’ heads and doing different things.

”I think it’ll be awesome, and I think it’s a great challenge for him, and I think it’ll be a cool experience to watch those guys go head to head if they get the opportunity to.”

It wouldn’t be the first time a cornerback has lined up across from Gronkowski. Teams often do it when he shifts wide in hopes of getting a favorable matchup against a linebacker or safety.

Jaguars defensive coordinator Todd Wash, as expected, offered few hints about what could be in store for Gronkowski, who caught 69 passes for 1 Jabaal Sheard Jersey ,084 yards and eight touchdowns in the regular season.

”We have to get the right guy on him in man situations and obviously know where he is at in zone coverage,” Wash said. ”Nobody around the league has stopped him, so we have to have a plan. We feel very confident with our plan and we have to go in there and execute it.”

Is Ramsey covering Gronk part of the plan?

”In a basketball game, I think we would,” Wash said. ”But Jalen is a corner and we’re going to run our system. I think the last thing you can do is to go into a game like this and you try and reinvent the wheel. … Jalen is a good corner and he plays against wide receivers.”

Gronk is as dangerous as any receiver in the league, and the Jaguars know it. So don’t count out seeing Ramsey across from him at some point.

”Jalen is a freak,” Jaguars veteran tight end Marcedes Lewis said. ”Tall, rangy, long arms and physical and can run. It’s tough for a tight end because a lot of us are long striders. When you get a guy disrupting stuff and punching you and messing up your stride, it can be tough.

”Even if you come off the line and try to do something early, he’s probably going to punch you in the mouth right back. He doesn’t shy away from anything. It’d be a matchup that would be interesting.”

Jonathan Allen knows Daron Payne can play through pain, but is glad his former Alabama teammate doesn't have to with the Washington Redskins.

Payne injured his left ankle when he was stepped on in practice, and coach Jay Gruden said the first-round pick is expected to miss two to three weeks. This is the second consecutive year the Redskins have had a defensive lineman they drafted in the first round from Alabama go down with a foot injury after Allen had his rookie season cut short five games in because of a Lisfranc sprain.

"I feel like it's going to be tough for him mentally just because he's still 'Bama-nized' and he still thinks he has to push through everything Cody Whitehair Jersey ," Allen said Saturday. "But at the same time I'm like, 'Payne, we've got to get you ready for the opening game, so just take it day-by-day, work your butt off and do what you've got to do to get back.'"

Payne shrugged off questions after practice Friday when he got rolled up on but wasn't on the field 24 hours later and wearing a walking boot. Gruden said Payne would be in the boot for about a week and downplayed the injury's effect on the 13th overall pick 's acclimation process to the NFL.

"He's in great shape," Gruden said. "He's big, strong, physical. He'll probably get stronger in his two weeks working out. He's in great shape, so it's not a big deal. He's already very smart, knows the defense, so he's in great shape."

It's still not a great development for the Redskins, who easily could plug in Payne as their starting nose tackle when the season begins. But because he and Payne no longer play at Alabama where players are counted on to gut out injuries, Allen isn't worried about the missed time stunting Payne's development.

"He's definitely going to try to rush it back Johnathan Joseph Jersey , try to get out there as quickly as possible, but he's going to be fine," Allen said. "Trust me. I have no doubt in my mind."

The two-to-three-week timeframe means Payne will likely miss the preseason opener Aug. 9 at the New England Patriots and possibly the second exhibition game Aug. 16 against the New York Jets. Washington still has good depth on the defensive line with Allen, Ziggy Hood, Anthony Lanier, Matt Ioannidis and Phil Taylor, and the injuries to Payne and Stacy McGee (core muscle surgery) open the door for fifth-round pick Tim Settle to show what he can do and earn a spot in the rotation.

"That means there's more reps," Settle said. "I just want to show them that I can ball and I can hang in there with everybody else."

NOTES: A team spokesman clarified CB Orlando Scandrick was given the day off as a veteran and did not have back spasms. The confusion stemmed from LB Ryan Anderson missing practice with back spasms. Anderson's given name is actually Orlando. ... WR Josh Doctson said there was nothing to an Achilles tendon MRI he had before camp, calling it a "tuneup." The 2016 first-round pick has been bothered by Achilles tendon soreness off and on through his first two seasons.

Vincent Edwards Jersey ,

#65 2018-09-07 05:34:03

liny195
Пользователь

The Baltimore Ravens and Chicago Bears will launch the NFL's 99th season by playing in the annual Hall of Fame game on Aug. 2.

The Ravens' first appearance in the Hall of Fame game Andrew Billings Jersey , which launches the league's 2018 Enshrinement Week. Former Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis is among the inductees, along with former Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher.

Lewis, who played 17 seasons with the Ravens, and Urlacher, who played all of his 13 seasons with Chicago, both were elected on the first ballot.

Lewis joins Jonathan Ogden as the only Ravens in the Hall of Fame. Both were selected by Baltimore in the first round of the 1996 draft.

The other members of the Class of 2018 include Bobby Beathard, Robert Brazile, Brian Dawkins, Jerry Kramer Tyler Higbee Jersey , Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. All will be inducted on Saturday, Aug. 4.

This will be the record-tying fifth time that the Bears will play in the Hall of Fame game. They won the previous four, most recently 27-24 over Miami in 2005.

As Boston Red Sox players donned red, white and blue outfits to celebrate a 3-0 victory on the 4th of July that completed a sweep, the Washington Nationals held a players-only meeting to discuss a fifth consecutive loss and the precarious spot they’re now in beyond the halfway point of the season.

Done in again by small mistakes that get magnified in a stretch such as this, the preseason NL East favorites lost for the 17th time in 22 games Wednesday to fall below .500 for the first time this late in the year since being 60-61 on Aug. 21, 2015.

This time, it was a throwing error by Adam Eaton on a sacrifice fly in foul territory and a wild pitch by Ryan Madson (2-4) in a disastrous seventh inning that dropped the Nationals to 42-43 and kept them from making up ground on the division-leading Atlanta Braves.

”We’re a good team and we’re going to go out there and compete with anybody,” said Bryce Harper Kevin Johnson Jersey , who went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.

”We just have to keep grinding and keep doing our thing and good things will happen. We’ve never been in this position before, and I think it’s an exciting time for us. In years past, we’ve won the division by a lot of games. We’re able to be behind right now and I’m excited to get there and test it.”

Powered by struggling outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr.’s two RBIs on the sac fly and a ninth-inning double and a strong start by Eduardo Rodriguez (10-3), the Red Sox moved 30 games over .500 under rookie manager Alex Cora.

”We know where we’re at, but we still have a long ways to go,” Cora said. ”(The Nationals) have a good team. They’ll figure it out. I’ve seen that before from them. They struggle a little bit and they’ll pick it up. They’ll be in the hunt.”

Bradley, who came into the game hitting .201, worked full counts on each of his at-bats that produced a run. He was hoping the ball Eaton caught deep in foul territory down the third-base line would go out of play so he could see another pitch but will gladly take the RBIs – the second time this season he has had two in a game without a home run.

”Just had to continue to battle and finally get a pitch I could handle,” Bradley said. ”Any time you can help the team win Jeff Driskel Jersey , it’s a positive. It’s good, any way you can do it.”

Rodriguez struck out six in six scoreless innings, mixing his change-up and slider in more often to keep Nationals hitters off-balance.

The Red Sox now have the first pair of 10-game winners in the majors with Rodriguez and Rick Porcello, whose double off Max Scherzer helped win them the first game of this series.

The Nationals have lost four series in a row. This freefall led to the postgame meeting Wednesday afternoon.

”It’s `Let’s get this thing going,”’ Nationals infielder Trea Turner said. ”We all know we’re capable of playing better baseball. It’s time we do it. It’s do or die now.”

FEDDE HURT

Nationals starter Erick Fedde left the game one batter into the second inning with right shoulder stiffness and gave way to left-hander Matt Grace, who allowed just one hit and struck out four in four innings of relief. Manager Davey Martinez said Fedde was scheduled to have an MRI.

”We watched him throw and his (velocity) was down,” Martinez said. ”He was out there and wanted to keep pitching. I went out there and they told me he was stiff and I said `No, we’re not going to do that to you.”’

TRAINER’S ROOM

Red Sox: Manager Alex Cora said LHP Drew Pomeranz (biceps tendinitis) would most likely make a second rehab start early next week. … RHP Tyler Thornburg was activated from the disabled list after rehabbing from shoulder surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome last June.

Nationals: 1B Matt Adams was activated after missing 16 games with a broken left index finger. To clear room, LHP Tim Collins was designated for assignment. … C Matt Wieters (left hamstring strain) is doing some catching Case Keenum Jersey , but still hasn’t done enough running to be ready to return.

UP NEXT

Red Sox: After a day off, LHP Chris Sale (8-4, 2.41 ERA) brings a 15-inning scoreless streak into his Friday start at Kansas City, which is expected to start Jason Hammel (2-10, 5.56).

Nationals: RHP Jeremy Hellickson (2-1, 2.63) will look to last at least six innings to spare a heavily used bullpen when Washington faces RHP Pablo Lopez (1-0, 3.00) to open a four-game series against the Miami Marlins.

New York Jets Customized Jerseys ,

#66 2018-09-07 05:45:16

liny195
Пользователь

Ex-player Joel Wilkinson has accused the Australian Football League of racism and said he plans to lodge a claim with the Australian Human Rights Commission.

Wilkinson C.J. Uzomah Jersey , who was born in Sydney and is of Nigerian descent, played 26 matches in the top-flight national league for the Gold Coast Suns from 2011 to 2013.

"I'm here because I won't be silenced anymore and what has happened has been a continuous breach of human rights," Wilkinson said while reading from a statement on Thursday. "I have suffered extreme racism during my time in the AFL and post my career."

Wilkinson, who had unsuccessful tryouts at cornerback with the NFL's Arizona Cardinals and New York Giants, said he was racially abused by an opposing player during his first AFL game for Gold Coast in 2011.

The following year, he said was racially abused by a supporter of the Collingwood club during a match in Melbourne.

He didn't get another contract after leaving the Suns after the 2013 season, although he did feature in a "Making A Stand" video produced by the AFL's media department in 2014 where he discussed the devastating impact racism had on his career. The video was part of the AFL's 2014 club education program, which the league said was designed "to promote safe, welcoming and inclusive environments for everyone involved in football."

Other players, including Sydney Swans star Adam Goodes, who has Aboriginal heritage and has won an Australian of the Year honor for his work against racism, have been the target of a racist slurs while playing in the top level of the league.

Wilkinson's lawyer Will Barsby said two other former players had made contact following Wilkinson's recent accusations against the league, but didn't identify the players and said it was unclear whether the two also wanted to take legal action.

Barsby said Wilkinson lost his place at the Suns because he became too much trouble.

"He was labelled as a grandstander ... Joel experienced much racism during his time (in the AFL) and that has been documented publicly," Barsby said. "That became a problem and like any workplace Anthony Castonzo Jersey , sometimes an employer doesn't want to keep that perceived problem child around."

The AFL issued a statement saying it respected "a person's right to pursue claims through the legal system", while noting it was sorry Wilkinson had been racially abused during his time as a footballer.

"We will continue to work with Joel to resolve this matter," the AFL statement said.

Australian rules was developed in the late 1850s and has similarities to Ireland's Gaelic football, but uses an oval-shaped ball and teams comprising 18 players score points by kicking the ball between four upright posts at each end of the field.

The Victorian Football League was formed in 1896 and eventually became the Australian Football League when the competition expanded across the country. It remains the only professional Australians Rules league in the world.

Wilkinson had a background in track and field before taking up Aussie rules later in high school. He was a member of the Suns squad when the club first joined the AFL in 2011.

John Tavares needed to post only one picture on his Twitter account to explain the grip the Maple Leafs have had on him since he was a youngster growing up in suburban Toronto.

The photo featured a not-yet-10-year-old Tavares in bed, asleep on a pillowcase and under a blanket adorned with Maple Leafs logos, and accompanied by a note that read: ”Not everyday you can live a childhood dream.”

In bidding farewell to the New York Islanders, where he was the captain and face of the franchise since being drafted with the No. 1 pick in 2009, Tavares chose Toronto and agreed to a seven-year, $77 million contract about an hour after the NHL’s free-agency signing period opened Sunday.

The 27-year-old Tavares spent last week assessing offers from the Islanders, San Jose, Toronto, Dallas, Tampa Bay and Boston. He called his decision the toughest of his life in choosing between staying in New York or taking ”a calculated leap of faith into an opportunity I believe will be special to me and my family.”

In the end, he was unable to avoid the lure Toronto presented Preston Brown Jersey , and informed the Maple Leafs he had chosen them late Saturday night.

”I just felt this opportunity was just so rare, the timing of where the organization’s at, and obviously the connection being from here,” Tavares said. ”I really believe there’s a big window here to win, to be part of something special. It just felt right.”

Tavares, whose 306 points over the past four seasons rank sixth among players over that span, was the highest-profile player to hit the market since the Minnesota Wild signed both Zach Parise and Ryan Suter to matching 13-year, $98 million contracts.

Tavares’ signing led to a domino effect in player movement.

Toronto lost two forwards in free agency. James van Riemsdyk left the Maple Leafs after six seasons to return to Philadelphia, where he signed a five-year, $35 million contract. The Leafs also lost center Tyler Bozak, who signed a three-year, $15 million contract with St. Louis, which later on beefed up down the middle by acquiring Ryan O’Reilly in a blockbuster trade with the Buffalo Sabres.

Some of money the Lightning saved by not landing Tavares was spent on signing defenseman Ryan McDonagh to a seven-year, $47.25 million extension Walter Payton Jersey , which kicks in next summer.

Paul Stastny caused another ripple of moves in the Western Conference. He left Winnipeg to sign a three-year, $19.5 million contract with the Stanley Cup finalist Vegas Golden Knights – a spot left open after David Perron returned to St. Louis by signing a four-year, $16 million deal.

Vegas forward James Neal is among the more high-profile free agents still unsigned.

In Nashville, the Predators will turn their attention to negotiating a contract extension with defenseman Ryan Ellis, who is entering the final year of his contract. The Ottawa Senators are expected to do the same with their captain, Erik Karlsson.

Tavares’ signing has the potential of shifting the balance of power in the Eastern Conference.

He joins a young, talented group that already features Auston Matthews, the 2016 draft’s No. 1 pick, a veteran presence in Patrick Marleau and a top coach in Mike Babcock.

The Leafs, who haven’t won a championship since their last Stanley Cup Final appearance in 1967, have made strides in three years since Babcock’s arrival. Toronto has made the playoffs in each of the past two seasons after qualifying just once in the previous 11. And yet, they have not advanced past the first round since 2004.

Tavares specifically referenced Matthews and 21-year-old center Mitchell Marner, who led the Leafs with 69 points last season as reasons to be optimistic.

”They’ve accomplished so much in such little time. You can only think about the trajectory they’re on, and that’s what gets me excited Jim Kelly Jersey ,” Tavares said.

The Islanders experienced struggles even with Tavares by qualifying for the playoffs just three times in nine seasons.

Now they face a daunting uphill climb minus their unquestioned leader and point-a-game producer. In a bid to retain Tavares, the team underwent an organizational makeover in recent months. They hired Lou Lamoriello as president of hockey operations and fresh Stanley Cup winner Barry Trotz as coach.

”The New York Islanders would like to thank John Tavares for everything he has done for the franchise throughout his nine seasons,” Lamoriello said in a statement released by the team. ”We wish him and his family all the best.”

Bruins GM Don Sweeney expressed one lament in losing out on signing Tavares.

”I would have preferred it not be in our division,” Sweeney said, referring to Tavares making the switch from the Metropolitan to Atlantic Division. ”We put our best foot forward. It just didn’t fall our way.”

Other notable deals:

-Veteran defenseman Jack Johnson signed a five-year, $16.25 million contract with Pittsburgh. The 31-year-old Johnson is a 12-year NHL veteran, who spent the past six-plus seasons with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

-The Colorado Avalanche added two former Blue Jackets in signing defenseman Ian Cole and forward Matt Calvert to three-year deals. Cole gets $12.75 million and Calvert gets $8.4 million.

-The Sabres filled a need at goaltender by signing former St. Louis Blues backup Carter Hutton to a three-year, $8.25 million deal. Hutton will share the starting duties with Linus Ullmark, who is pegged to make the jump to Buffalo after three seasons in the minors.

-The Arizona Coyotes signed All-Star defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson to an eight-year contract exte Womens Denzel Ward Jersey ,

#67 2018-09-07 05:58:31

liny195
Пользователь

The Broncos held quarterback competitions the last two offseasons that ended with Trevor Siemian in the starting job and offenses that failed to impress in the regular season.

Denver is trying a different approach this season. They signed Case Keenum as a free agent and installed him as the unquestioned No. 1 in the offense Dominique Easley Jersey , which means he’s taking all of the reps with the first team while Paxton Lynch and Chad Kelly work with the backups.

Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave says he’s already seen benefits from having one quarterback doing all the work with the starters.

“Case is working hard,” Musgrave said, via the team’s website. 鈥淚t鈥檚 a new system for him, it鈥檚 a new system for everybody. Case is getting 鈥?exclusively 鈥?all the reps with the ones. We鈥檙e not splitting them like you would if you didn鈥檛 have an established starter, so he鈥檚 getting more concentrated work, and it鈥檚 paying dividends.”

As with all May statements about how good things look, Musgrave’s words should be taken with the grain of salt that comes with non-contact practices against your teammates. More of the same come the preseason would provide stronger reason to believe that the Broncos’ biggest offseason move will pay the necessary offensive dividends come September.

The ”Death Lineup” breathed new life into the Golden State Warriors.

It was yet another reminder: In the NBA playoffs, where even a brief downward slide can be enough to end a season, even the best teams won’t hesitate when they feel a need to shake up their starting lineups.

Desperate times in the first round sent Cleveland to desperate lineup measures. Toronto, the team that finished with the NBA’s second-best regular season record, sought a spark by changing its starting five against the Cavs for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. Utah showed Houston a new look Sunday in Game 4 of their West semifinal matchup, and while the Jazz slowed the high-powered Rockets at times they still fell into a 3-1 series deficit.

And then there’s the Warriors Darius Leonard Jersey , who were coming off a big loss in Game 3 against New Orleans so they put their five best players – Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, Kevin Durant and Draymond Green – on the floor Sunday to start a game for the first time all season. The result was a rout , one that allowed the Warriors to head home with a 3-1 lead in their series against the Pelicans.

”Anytime we’ve been in any danger over the years, we’ve sort of gone to this lineup,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said. ”The lineup worked or whatever, but it’s not about the lineup. It’s really not.”

All due respect to Kerr, he might be overstating that one.

Golden State’s starting five on Sunday – some call it ”The Death Lineup” because of how opponents tend to succumb against it, others prefer ”Hamptons Five” because Curry, Thompson, Iguodala and Green were the players who went to the Hamptons two summers ago in an effort to lure Durant to the Warriors – was absolutely dominant. NBA.com charted them as being on the floor together for 18 minutes Kendall Wright Jersey , during which they outscored the Pelicans 52-26.

Every other Warriors lineup used over the other 30 minutes played the Pelicans even, 66-66.

”We got momentum on our side really early,” Curry said. ”Every single person on the floor in that lineup is a playmaker. And so we have multiple options and just look for the best shot on every possession.”

It wasn’t exactly an in-case-of-emergency-break-glass move by the Warriors.

But these NBA playoffs have seen some of those as well.

Cleveland, which has a chance to win its way back into the Eastern Conference finals for the fourth consecutive year on Monday night if it can finish off a sweep of Toronto, almost didn’t even get to this round. Facing a win-or-else Game 7 in the first round, the Cavaliers put LeBron James, Kevin Love, J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson – the four holdovers from their 2016 NBA championship team – out to start with Kyle Korver.

It was their first time starting together this season. James survived cramps, scored 45, and the Cavaliers held off Indiana to advance. They haven’t lost since.

”All five of us, we knew what we could get out of each other,” James said afterward. ”We’ve been in situations before. We’ve played in big games before. That’s a comfort.”

Toronto could use some of that comfort.

Since James entered the league Josh Lambo Jersey , only one No. 1 seed has gotten swept in the conference playoffs – Atlanta, in 2015, by James and the Cavaliers. Toronto shook up its lineup in Game 3 on Saturday night by trying Fred VanVleet instead of Serge Ibaka, but the Raptors fell into the dreaded 3-0 series deficit when James made a running bank shot at the buzzer for the win.

Everything is on the table for the Raptors now.

”You realize how big it is in this moment to get a victory,” Raptors star DeMar DeRozan said.

Sometimes, even subtle changes pay off nicely.

Boston inserted role player Semi Ojeleye into its starting lineup before Game 5 of the Celtics‘ first-round series against Milwaukee. Ojeleye’s role: Find a way to slow down Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Ojeleye was on the floor to help open the next three games, the first starts of his rookie season. He scored 10 points in those games, though none of that mattered much to the Celtics. His primary role was defense, since Antetokounmpo averaged 27.8 points on 62 percent shooting in the first four games of the series.

With Ojeleye in the lineup, Antetokounmpo averaged 23 points on 50 percent shooting in the last three games – and seemed particularly out of sorts in Game 5, the first one where the Celtics made the change.

Boston won that night by five points, and wound up surviving the series in seven games.

”He did a great job Dak Prescott Jersey ,” Antetokounmpo said, tipping his cap to Ojeleye. ”He played hard. He competed.”

And that’s the secret, Kerr said. It’s not about the names, he insists. It’s about how well they perform.

It’s become a bit of a running joke around the Warriors that Kerr won’t reveal his starting lineups until he absolutely has to, no matter how many times he is asked.

But this time, after the results on Sunday, Kerr isn’t holding his cards to his chest. Game 5 is on Tuesday night. The ”Death Lineup” starts.

Antonio Brown Jersey ,

#68 2018-09-07 06:10:50

liny195
Пользователь

Jeurys Familia had a difficult time leaving New York Nyheim Hines Jersey , having spent his entire major league career with the Mets.

A win in his Oakland debut made the transition a little easier.

Familia pitched two scoreless innings, Marcus Semien scored from second base on Matt Chapman’s infield chopper in the 10th, and the Athletics beat the San Francisco Giants 6-5 on Sunday.

”I felt good,” Familia said through a translator. ”I obviously wasn’t used the last couple days but I felt really comfortable about coming in and doing the job today.”

Familia was acquired Saturday in a trade for two minor leaguers and $1 million in international signing bonus pool allotment. The reliever arrived in Oakland about an hour before the game after catching a 7 a.m. flight.

Familia (5-4) allowed a leadoff single to Austin Slater in the ninth, and then retired his next five batters. Alen Hanson bounced into an inning-ending double play in the ninth.

”Unbelievable,” A’s starter Sean Manaea said. ”I remember watching him in the World Series a couple years ago and then watching him on TV today, his stuff’s nasty. I’m super excited to have him.”

An All-Star in 2016 Darqueze Dennard Jersey , Familia was 4-4 with a 2.88 ERA and 17 saves in 21 chances with the Mets. The 28-year-old right-hander has struck out 44 and walked 14 in 41 appearances covering 42 2/3 innings with New York and Oakland this season.

Leaving the Mets was hard for Familia, but not unexpected.

”I spent 11 years there, six years in the big leagues,” Familia said. ”It was really tough to say goodbye to some of those guys. I was prepared mentally. It was tough but I also knew that it was coming.”

Familia had 123 saves with the Mets. In Oakland, he will split closing duties with All-Star Blake Treinen. Treinen was unavailable Sunday after throwing 40 pitches on Saturday.

”What a great first look,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. ”When you come to a new team first impressions are important and when you pitch the way he did, it makes you feel like part of the team very quickly.”

Khris Davis and Matt Olson each homered twice to help the A’s win the inaugural Bay Bridge series trophy before a third consecutive sellout crowd at the Coliseum.

Semien drew a leadoff walk against Ty Blach (6-6) in the 10th and advanced to second on Stephen Piscotty’s deep flyout to center. After Davis was walked intentionally and Olson flew out Dan Hampton Jersey , Chapman drove in Semien with an infield single that bounced just past All-Star shortstop Brandon Crawford into left field.

”It was a high enough hop that I thought I could get on the first big hop,” Crawford said. ”But it came down a lot steeper than I thought it was going to. That’s what caused me to miss it. I think it did end up hitting my foot.”

Andrew McCutchen homered for San Francisco. Austin Slater collected three hits, Pablo Sandoval had a pinch-hit, two-run single and Nick Hundley added two hits and scored twice.

San Francisco didn’t have a baserunner until the fifth inning and trailed 4-1 before scoring three in the seventh and one in the eighth.

McCutchen homered on a 3-2 pitch from former San Francisco reliever Yusmeiro Petit in the eighth.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Giants: 2B Joe Panik (groin) ran before the game.

Athletics: All-Star 2B Jed Lowrie was given the day off after getting hit by a pitch and fouling a ball off his body near the same area Saturday. … OF Chad Pinder is nursing a sore wrist and thumb after stumbling over the leg of Giants infielder Hanson and falling hard to the turf a day earlier. Mark Canha (hamstring) was also rested.

UP NEXT

Giants: Head to Seattle for a two-game series beginning Tuesday. LHP Andrew Suarez (3-6, 3.94 ERA) starts for San Francisco and is winless since June 29.

Athletics: LHP Brett Anderson (1-2, 6.08 ERA) pitches in Texas on Monday in his first start against the Rangers since 2015.

Reggie Bush won his lawsuit against the Rams, with a St. Louis jury ordering the NFL team to pay the former running back $12.5 million Taylor Decker Jersey , the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. Bush sued the Rams and owners and operators of the Edward Jones Dome after injuring his left knee in a 2015 game at the stadium, the team’s last in St. Louis before moving to Los Angeles.

The presiding judge dismissed the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority and the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission from the lawsuit last week.

The jury found the Rams 100 percent liable for Bush’s injury and ordered the team to pay $4.95 million in compensatory damages and $7.5 million in punitive damages.

Bush claimed he slipped on a “concrete ring of death” as he was pushed out of bounds in a November 1, 2015, game against the Rams, ending his season.

Bush, now 33, played for the 49ers at the time. He played 13 games for Buffalo in 2016 but had only 12 carries.

“Reggie lost his ability to do what he loved Jerrell Freeman Jersey , and to bargain for a contract that he worked his entire life for,” Bush’s lawyer Tim Cronin said during closing statements. “These players get chewed up. They only have so many chances.”

Rams attorney Dan Allmayer said the injury was caused by “pre-existing issues.”

Womens Josh Sitton Jersey ,

#69 2018-09-07 06:23:22

liny195
Пользователь

For the second night in a row Russell Shepard Jersey , a young San Francisco pitcher shut down the Arizona Diamondbacks.

This time, Dereck Rodriguez blanked them into the seventh inning and the Giants made it two straight wins in Arizona with a 7-0 victory Saturday.

Rodriguez’s performance came a night after Andrew Suarez allowed one run in six innings during San Francisco’s 2-1 series-opening victory. The NL West-leading Diamondbacks have managed just one run in the last 18 innings.

”It’s big,” Rodriguez said. ”They’re leading our division and we come in and shut them down. That’s big for our team and our pitching staff, gives us some momentum.”

Brandon Crawford, Andrew McCutchen and Joe Panik homered on another rough night for Shelby Miller, who struggled in his second start since returning from Tommy John surgery.

Panik’s homer, off reliever Jimmie Sherfy in the eighth, was his first since April 3, a span of 162 at-bats.

Ty Blach and Cory Gearrin completed San Francisco’s 10th shutout of the season.

”Overall just a well-played game,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. ”We got the hits, the runs to give us a cushion there and what a job Rodriguez did. He followed up a great start. He’s been throwing the ball terrific.”

The Giants have won nine of 11 to pull into a tie with the Los Angeles Dodgers for second in the NL West, 3 1/2 games behind the first-place Diamondbacks. San Francisco can complete a three-game road sweep on Sunday.

Since returning from an 8-2 trip, the Diamondbacks have dropped two to the Giants by a combined score of 9-1.

”An unfortunate offensive night for us once again Vernon Butler Jersey ,” manager Torey Lovullo said. ”We didn’t build as big of innings as last night but we had a couple opportunities and we really couldn’t cash in.”

Rodriguez (3-1), the son of Hall of Fame catcher Ivan ”Pudge” Rodriguez, dominated in his sixth major league start. He allowed six hits in 6 1/3 innings, struck out five and walked two. In his last two starts, the 26-year-old right-hander has given up one run in 13 1/3 innings.

Miller (0-2) was tagged for six runs and seven hits in five innings. He struck out six and walked one, throwing 96 pitches. In his debut Monday night at Miami, Miller gave up five runs and six hits in 3 2/3 innings of a 9-5 loss to the Marlins.

Miller said he is past being satisfied with getting through an outing healthy.

”We are getting close to the All-Star break and we are playing division teams that are right behind us trying to get first place away from us and I am going out there and not pitching well,” he said. ”That is more what I am upset about. I am not really focused on the little positives that I can take from coming back from a major surgery, which is a pretty big deal, but it is getting at that point in the season where we have to win ballgames, and every single one that we can.”

Crawford and McCutchen each had a solo home run off Miller – Crawford in the second and McCutchen in the fourth.

Arizona’s real trouble came in San Francisco’s four-run third, which included five singles. One of them, a dribbler up the middle by Pablo Sandoval Chidobe Awuzie Jersey , drove in two runs. Crawford walked with the bases loaded to bring in another run.

ROTATION QUESTIONS

With right-handers Johnny Cueto and Jeff Samardzija due back from the disabled list soon, there might not be room for Rodriguez and/or Suarez in the rotation.

”We want our guys back but at the same time when they’re throwing like this it does give you the luxury of making sure your guys are ready,” Bochy said. ”Depth is going to be so important. We’re at the halfway point. You never know what can happen and it’s been great the way Suarez and Rodriguez have come up here and handled themselves.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Giants: Cueto (right elbow sprain) threw four scoreless innings Friday night in his second rehab appearance for Triple-A Sacramento. He allowed four hits, struck out six and walked one.

Diamondbacks: INF Ketel Marte left with a right leg injury after beating out an infield single leading off the seventh. He was able to walk off under his own power. Lovullo said afterward it was a cramp and Marte is day to day. … CF A.J. Pollock (broken left thumb) went 0 for 4 with Triple-A Reno in his first rehab game Friday night.

UP NEXT

Left-hander Derek Holland (5-7, 4.24 ERA) starts for the Giants in their bid for a three-game sweep. RHP Zack Godley (9-5, 4.58) goes for Arizona.

WASHINGTON — The Washington Nationals will try to build off an historic win when they host the Miami Marlins on Friday night.

Washington fell behind Miami 9-0 in the top of the fourth inning Thursday night but rallied for an improbable 14-12 victory, snapping a five-game losing streak one night after a players-only meeting.

The win marked the largest comeback in Nationals’ history (2005-present) and tied the Montreal/Washington franchise mark.

“This is what this team’s capable of,” Matt Adams, who went 4-for-5 in his return from a fractured index finger, told MASN.com. “Tonight, we never gave up. We got down big, and we just started chipping away. Put together some good ABs, pitchers started getting outs Kendall Wright Jersey , and things just kind of fell in sync for us.”

Shortstop Trea Turner hit a grand slam, a solo homer, and finished with eight RBIs while raising his average to .280. He tied the MLB record for RBIs as a a leadoff hitter as the Nationals improved to 43-43 with their 12th straight defeat of the Marlins.

“Trea had an unbelievable day, so good for him,” manager Davey Martinez told MASN.com. “I’ve said this before, but for me, he’s an All-Star.”

The Marlins (36-53) got home runs from Brian Anderson, Justin Bour and Martin Prado, who was activated from the disabled list earlier in the day, as they matched a record of their own — the largest blown lead in team history — after jumping on Nationals starter Jeremy Hellickson.

“We didn’t help ourselves,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly told the Miami Herald. “We played good defense. We didn’t make an error all night, but you can’t walk eight guys with that club over there. We let them back in the game and we couldn’t stop the momentum.”

Anderson’s three-run homer pulled Miami within 14-12 in the eighth inning.

Rookie Pablo Lopez got a no-decision despite receiving nine runs of run support in his second career start. He tossed five innings and allowed five earned runs on five hits while striking out three and walking two.

“I didn’t have my best secondary stuff and they just started putting good swings on my fastball,” Lopez told the Herald. “Hitters make adjustments and I have to make mine trying to spin my breaking ball better and locate my changeup.”

Left-hander Gio Gonzalez (6-5 Jordan Willis Jersey , 3.77) tries to turn Thursday’s win into a mini streak for Washington on Friday night. The Nationals have lost his last four starts with Gonzalez allowing 16 runs in 16 innings, though one start was shortened by a rain delay. He is winless in his last six outings.

In his last start, Gonzalez cruised through four innings of a no-decision against the Phillies before coming apart in the fifth, allowing three runs to tie the game in a 40-pitch fifth inning that included three walks.

“He fell behind that inning, and that’s what happens,” Martinez told the Washington Post. “When he falls behind and walks guys, bad things happen.”

Gonzalez is 10-3 with a 1.85 ERA in 16 starts versus Miami.

Marlins right-hander Dan Straily (3-4, 4.70) has allowed three or more earned runs in each of his last five starts. In a loss to the Mets on Sunday, he gave up three runs on five hits over seven innings.

Straily is 0-1 with a 4.03 ERA in five starts against the Nationals.

Womens P.J. Hall Jersey ,

#70 2018-09-07 06:34:47

liny195
Пользователь

Bills general manager Brandon Beane wasn’t fooling around when saying he had a lot of work to do shortly after Buffalo enjoyed its first playoff appearance in 18 years.

The transformation Beane began during his first season on the job continued into the start of the NFL’s free-agency period Wednesday Clint Boling Jersey , when Buffalo took the next step in overhauling its quarterback position.

Aside from formally announcing trading third-year starter Tyrod Taylor to Cleveland, the Bills signed former Cincinnati Bengals backup AJ McCarron to a two-year contract.

And don’t expect the Bills to stop there in addressing a role that has been unsettled since Hall of Famer Jim Kelly retired following the 1996 season. Beane has stockpiled enough picks – two each in the first three rounds – to target one of the highly touted quarterback prospects available in the draft next month.

McCarron’s addition at the least provides Buffalo with an experienced quarterback to serve in a potential bridge role while a younger quarterback develops. The Bills began the day with 2017 fifth-round draft pick, Nathan Peterman, as the only quarterback on their roster.

McCarron spent the past four seasons backing up Andy Dalton after the Bengals selected him in the fifth round of the 2014 draft.

The 27-year-old was a two-time national champion at Alabama but appeared in just 11 games in Cincinnati, mostly in mop-up duties. McCarron did start the final three games of the 2015 season and led the Bengals to the playoffs after Dalton broke his thumb.

Against Pittsburgh in the wild-card playoff game, McCarron had the Bengals in position to win their first playoff game since the 1990 season. Jeremy Hill however lost a fumble, and penalties on Vontaze Burfict and Adam ”Pacman” Jones set up the Steelers for a winning field goal in the final seconds.

McCarron was nearly traded to Cleveland last season, but the deal fell through after the Browns failed to submit the paperwork on time.

And he only became eligible to enter free agency after an independent arbitrator last month ruled McCarron’s rookie season counted toward his NFL tenure even though he spent the year on the non-football injury list because of a sore passing shoulder.

The Bills also confirmed the series of trades and signings they made over the past week.

Starting left tackle Cordy Glenn was shipped to Cincinnati in a trade agreed to Monday in which the Bengals and Bills also swapped first-round picks. Buffalo moved up nine spots by acquiring the Bengals’ 12th selection, while giving up the 21st pick.

As for free agents, the Bills confirmed their most high-profile addition in reaching a deal to sign former Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Star Lotulelei to a five-year contract. They added a pass-rushing specialist in defensive end Trent Murphy Adrian Amos Jersey , who agreed to a three-year contract.

The Bills added defensive depth by agreeing to sign safety Rafael Bush and linebacker Julian Stanford to two-year contracts.

The start of the free agency signing period also meant the Bills risk losing several starters now that their contracts expired. Linebackers Preston Brown and Ramon Humber became unrestricted free agents, as did cornerback E.J. Gaines and receiver Jordan Matthews.

Buffalo’s overhaul comes despite the team finishing 9-7 and ending a 17-year playoff drought, the longest active streak in North America’s four professional sports. The Bills were eliminated following a 10-3 loss to Jacksonville in the AFC wild-card playoff game.

Beane was already looking ahead to making changes a few days after the loss.

”We have a long way to go, we really do,” Beane said. ”We have a lot of work to do.”

The Bills strengthened their defensive line by adding Lotulelei, a five-year starter at Carolina. He will play alongside Kyle Williams, who returns for a 13th season after agreeing to a one-year contract on Tuesday.

Murphy has the potential of improving the pass rush, which finished tied for 30th in the NFL with just 27 sacks last season. He spent the past four seasons in Washington after being selected in the second round of the 2014 draft. Listed at 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, he had 15 sacks in 47 games, including nine in 2016.

Murphy missed all of last season after tearing two ligaments in his left knee in a preseason game against Baltimore. Had he not been injured Marshall Faulk Jersey , Murphy would have missed the first four games of the season serving an NFL suspension for violating the NFL’s performance enhancers policy.

Several holes remain including center, after Eric Wood was diagnosed with a career-ending neck injury in January.

Not including Wood, there are only 14 players left on Buffalo’s roster who played for the team in 2016.

Beane’s roster overhaul began shortly after he was hired in May to replace Doug Whaley, who was fired a day after last year’s draft.

He traded starting receiver Sammy Watkins and starting cornerback Ronald Darby on the same day in August. He also traded high-priced defensive tackle Marcell Dareus to Jacksonville in October.

The Chicago White Sox had the fog machine and strobe lights going after their latest victory. Considering how little they have had to celebrate this season, they’re not going to let the opportunities go by.

James Shields won for the first time since opening day, Yoan Moncada and Yolmer Sanchez homered to lead off a three-run first, and Chicago beat the Cleveland Indians 5-1 on Tuesday night.

Shields (2-7) gave up one run and four hits in seven innings after going 12 starts and 13 appearances without a win. The veteran right-hander struck out two and did not walk a batter in his first victory since the opener at Kansas City.

”We’re trying to celebrate each win,” Shields said. ”We’re gonna go game by game and try to win the series and enjoy the moment.”

Moncada said through an interpreter that the White Sox started breaking out the fog machine and strobe lights a few weeks ago. On Tuesday, he and Sanchez got the party started .

They connected on consecutive pitches from Adam Plutko. Matt Davidson drove RBI doubles off the center-field wall in both the first and a two-run fifth , and the White Sox beat the AL Central leaders after losing their first four meetings this season.

Recalled from Triple-A Columbus Jadeveon Clowney Jersey , Plutko (3-1) got tagged for five runs and eight hits in 4 2/3 innings. The 26-year-old righty won his first three major league starts this season before getting knocked around by Chicago.

Shields hit Francisco Lindor in the right foot with his first pitch of the game. He also gave up a sacrifice fly to Jose Ramirez in the sixth, but not much else in a dominant outing .

”He doesn’t have the same stuff that he once had, so he’s learned how to be a pitcher,” Jason Kipnis said. ”To live on the corners, to get guys to hit off his pitches, and he’s done a good job with it and he did a great job tonight. As a team, we’ve got to make an adjustment faster to that, not be chasing those type of pitches.”

HANGING ON

Cleveland stranded two on in the ninth and came up short after winning five of six.

Xavier Cedeno struck out Jason Kipnis with runners on first and third and one out. Yonder Alonso then took second on indifference before Joakim Soria retired Yan Gomes on a fly to the center-field warning track for his ninth save in 11 chances.

GOING DEEP

Moncada lined a 2-1 pitch over the center-field wall for his fourth career leadoff homer – all this season. Sanchez sent Plutko’s next offering out to right-center, giving Chicago back-to-back drives for the fourth time this season. The White Sox had not started a first inning with consecutive homers since Alen Hanson and Sanchez connected against Tampa Bay’s Chris Archer on Sept. 2.

QUOTABLE

”I feel like I’ve been pitching really well for the most part, a lot Graham Glasgow Jersey , this season. But wins haven’t come my way.” – Shields on the victory.

ROSTER MOVE

The Indians optioned catcher and outfielder Francisco Mejia back to Triple-A a day after recalling him, because catcher Roberto Perez did not need to go on the disabled list. Perez was hit by a pitch in the right wrist against Detroit on Sunday.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Indians: 2B Kipnis (neck) was back in the lineup after sitting out the previous two games and so was 1B Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) after missing three in a row. … The Indians continue to hold off on activating OF Brandon Guyer (strained neck) after he was hit in the wrist by a pitch during a rehab game for Columbus on Sunday. Manager Terry Francona indicated they might wait until Thursday, when the White Sox send a lefty to the mound in Carlos Rodon. ”We’re just trying to make sure he’s ready,” Francona said.

White Sox: OF Avisail Garcia (strained right hamstring) went 1 for 2 for Triple-A Charlotte against Durham in his first rehab game on Tuesday.

UP NEXT

Indians: RHP Trevor Bauer (5-4, 2.62 ERA) hopes to continue his mastery over the White Sox after going 2-0 with a 2.19 ERA in two starts against them last year.

White Sox: RHP Dylan Covey (2-1, 2.22) tries to build on another strong outing after throwing three-hit ball over six innings in a 1-0 victory over Chris Sale and the Red Sox at Fenway Park on Friday.

Womens Josh Rosen Jersey ,

#71 2018-09-07 06:47:17

liny195
Пользователь

The San Francisco 49ers will not pick up the contract option on pass rusher Elvis Dumervil.

The team announced the move to part ways with the 34-year-old Dumervil on Friday. The 49ers also said they tendered a one-year contract to exclusive rights free agent running back Raheem Mostert and picked up the 2018 contract option for linebacker Dekoda Watson.

Dumervil led the 49ers with 6陆 sacks last season and has 105陆 in an 11-year career that also included stints in Denver and Baltimore.

Mostert played 11 games last season and finished with six carries for 30 yards while adding a team-high eight special teams tackles.

Watson had four defensive tackles and six tackles on special teams in 14 games last season.

Carson Wentz lunged to his right and then backpedaled to avoid a rush. After darting forward again A'Shawn Robinson Jersey , he quickly rolled to his right and took off down the sideline at full speed.

The only reminder Saturday that the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback was returning from knee surgery was the brace attached his left leg.

"Obviously he's got some of that Kobe Bryant (stuff) in his knee," defensive end Michael Bennett said with a smile, referring to the offseason knee treatment in Germany the NBA great used to receive. "He probably went to Germany or Switzerland or some (stuff), because he's looking really good out there."

How upbeat were the Eagles after Wentz went through 11-on-11 drills with the starters at the first padded practice of training camp? Coach Doug Peterson interrupted new offensive coordinator Mike Groh's press conference with the key question for the Super Bowl champions.

"I know you don't want to put a timetable on Carson, but what's your timetable?" Pederson asked, smirking.

"Great question Bradley Roby Jersey ," Groh said.

Wentz sure looked close to ready, if not already there, during a humid morning practice. Barely seven months removed from tearing the anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments in his left knee, Wentz participated in full team drills without limitations. While he tossed two interceptions, he drew rave reviews from his teammates and coaches for his arm strength, accuracy and mobility.

"He's in the right frame of mind. He's making some good throws Telvin Smith Jersey ," Groh said. "As you can see, we're pretty good on defense. Those guys are making it challenging for us on offense, particularly early, first day in pads."

Wentz dazzled in 13 games last season, throwing for 3,296 yards and 33 touchdowns with just seven interceptions. The Eagles led the NFL in scoring and were 11-2 after Wentz went down on Dec. 10.

Behind backup Nick Foles Randy Gregory Jersey , the Eagles went on to win their first NFL title. But it's clear that even though Foles was the Super Bowl MVP, Wentz will become the starter again when he's ready.

"When you're rehabbing something, it's not an exponential line. It's not you're slowly getting better and then you rapidly accelerate," tight end Zach Ertz said. "There's going to be times in training camp probably where he doesn't feel great or his knee doesn't feel great and they'll back him off."

Because of that, the Eagles remain tight-lipped about whether they expect Wentz under center for the season opener Sept. 6 against Atlanta. It's also uncertain if he'll appear in a preseason game. Wentz didn't speak to reporters after the 2 1/2-hour workout.

"To have everybody out there, Carson there Kenny Golladay Jersey , in some people's minds is ahead of schedule," Groh said. "But I know this was his target date. So we're happy to have him out there working. It's only going to make everybody better."

NOTES: With several receivers banged up and not practicing, including Alshon Jeffery and Bryce Treggs, the Eagles signed WR DeAndre Carter. The move gives the Eagles the maximum 90 players. ... The team displayed the Lombardi Trophy in a glass case outside the practice fields, allowing fans to snap pictures while standing next to it.

Womens James Washington Jersey ,

#72 2018-09-07 07:00:00

liny195
Пользователь

Al Horford and Terry Rozier scored 26 points apiece Martinas Rankin Jersey , and even Giannis Antetokounmpo tipped in a basket for the Celtics on Saturday night to help Boston beat Milwaukee 112-96 in Game 7 of their first-round series and eliminate the Bucks and the Greek Freak from the playoffs.

Horford had eight rebounds, Rozier had nine assists and Jayson Tatum added 20 points for the Celtics, who rode the home-court advantage to win all four games in Boston and advance to the Eastern Conference semifinals for the second straight year.

They will meet the Philadelphia 76ers, with Game 1 in Boston on Monday night.

Khris Middleton scored 32, Eric Bledsoe had 23 and Antetokounmpo had 22 points and nine rebounds for the Bucks. Milwaukee has advanced from the first round of the playoffs just once since 1989, losing nine straight playoff series since Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson and Sam Cassell brought George Karl to the Eastern Conference finals in 2001.

Playing in their NBA-record 31st Game 7 Josh Lambo Jersey , the Celtics improved to 20-4 at home and 23-8 overall in best-of-seven clinchers. It was the second Game 7 at the TD Garden this week, with the Boston Bruins beating the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday night to advance in the NHL playoffs.

WARRIORS 123, PELICANS 101

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) – Kevin Durant had 26 points and 13 rebounds, Draymond Green dazzled all over the floor with his fourth career postseason triple-double, and the Golden State Warriors thoroughly overmatched the New Orleans Pelicans.

Green finished with 16 points, 15 rebounds Chris Ivory Jersey , 11 assists, three steals and two blocks and just with his hustle and energy helped the defending champions pull away with a superb, decisive second quarter.

Now, they likely get Stephen Curry back for Game 2 on Tuesday night and all that he brings – even if in a limited role initially.

Anthony Davis had 21points and 10 rebounds, scoring 10 in the first quarter before having a tougher time generating shots the rest of the way to finish 9 for 20. Jrue Holiday was held to 4-for-14 shooting and 11 points.

Golden State again played without two-time MVP Curry, who has been sidelined since March 23 with a sprained left knee. Coach Steve Kerr called it ”very likely” Curry would play Game 2 in the best-of-seven series.

Defensive tackle David Irving returned to the Cowboys after missing organized team activities. He continues to try to straighten out his personal life, which is a work in progress.

“It feels great to be back out there working with my boys Marcell Dareus Jersey ,” Irving said in a quick soundbite to the media Tuesday. “I had a lot of stuff going on in the offseason as you all know, and I’m working through it the best that I can and put it behind me and focus on the season.”

He risked an $84,435 for missing the entire minicamp.

Irving is in a custody dispute with his ex-girlfriend, Angela Sanchez, over their 5-year-old daughter. He recently was investigated by police for domestic violence allegations, which Sanchez later recanted.

Last season, Irving served a four-game suspension for violating the league鈥檚 performance-enhancing drug policy.

Irving Tarell Basham Jersey , 24, has 11.5 sacks in 35 games with Dallas, including seven in eight games last season. The Cowboys placed a second-round restricted tender on Irving for $2.91 million.

Now, the Cowboys hope they can keep Irving around to see more of what they saw last year when he was on the field.

“It’s our job to help him, and we’re going to do that,” Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said.

Adidas Nathan MacKinnon Jersey ,

#73 2018-09-07 07:14:03

liny195
Пользователь

If the Madden team ratings didn’t induce some raised eyebrows Kemoko Turay Jersey , the base quarterback ratings for the new edition of the game will.

Via USA Today, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers leads the way with a maximum rating of 99. At No. 2, with a 97, is the reigning NFL MVP, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

Seven points lower, at No. 3, resides Saints quarterback Drew Brees, with a 90. Then comes Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson at 89, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan at 88, a three-way tie at 86 between Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, and Colts quarterback Andrew Luck.

Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz, a short-list MVP candidate before he suffered a torn ACL Jacob McQuaide Jersey , lands next with only an 85. Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford rounds out the top 10 with an 83.

The gap between Rodgers/Brady and the rest of the league seems a bit off. If the low rating for Wentz arose in part from his injury, why didn’t Rodgers get a lower number for the broken collarbone that caused him to miss most of the season?

Other quarterbacks not in the top 10 may have legitimate beef with their numbers, including Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (82), Rams quarterback Jared Goff (81), 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (80), Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson (78), and Giants quarterback Eli Manning (76).

The video from EA that contains the numbers explain that it’s a “work in progress.” If that’s the case, here’s our suggested numbers for the various quarterbacks: Rodgers 98, Brady 98, Brees 97, Wilson 96, Wentz 95, Ryan 94 John Johnson Jersey , Newton 94, Roethlisberger 92, Rivers 91, Stafford 91, Garoppolo 90, Watson 90, Goff 90, Manning 87, Luck 84.

The Latest on NHL awards show at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino (all times local):

7:15 p.m.

New Jersey forward Taylor Hall has won the Hart Trophy as the NHL’s most valuable player.

Hall beat out Los Angeles captain Anze Kopitar and Colorado’s Nathan MacKinnon in a contest between three first-time finalists for the award.

Hall finished sixth in the league with 93 points for the Devils. He is the first New Jersey player to win the Hart.

Hall, the No. 1 pick in the 2010 draft, likely got the nod over two worthy contenders because of the way he carried the Devils offensively while they reached the playoffs for the first time in five years. He scored 41 more points than rookie Nico Hischier, the Devils’ second-leading scorer.

6:52 p.m.

George McPhee has been named the NHL’s general manager of the year in the fourth trophy given to the Vegas Golden Knights at the NHL Awards.

Exactly one year after his remarkable performance in the expansion draft, McPhee was a no-brainer choice for the award after his masterful assembly of the most successful debut team in recent sports history.

The Golden Knights went 51-24-7 and won the Pacific Division before reaching the Stanley Cup Final Andre Johnson Jersey , setting innumerable records along the way for first-year success.

McPhee beat out Winnipeg’s Kevin Cheveldayoff and Tampa Bay’s Steve Yzerman for the award.

McPhee joins coach Gerard Gallant, Lady Byng winner William Karlsson and Mark Messier Leadership Award winner Deryk Engelland with trophies from the annual show in the Golden Knights’ hometown.

6:40 p.m.

Nashville Predators goalie Pekka Rinne has won the Vezina Trophy as the NHL’s top goalie.

The 35-year-old Finn won his position’s top honor for the first time, beating out Winnipeg’s Connor Hellebuyck and Tampa Bay’s Andrei Vasilevskiy.

Rinne was a Vezina finalist for the fourth time. He finally got it after a standout regular season for the Presidents’ Trophy winners in Nashville, where he has been a stalwart in goal since 2008.

Rinne went 42-13-4 with eight shutouts, a 2.31 goals-against average and a .927 save percentage for the Predators. He also earned his 300th career victory on Feb. 22.

Rinne struggled along with his teammates in the postseason, but voters didn’t hold it against him.

6:18 p.m.

Gerard Gallant of the Vegas Golden Knights has won the Jack Adams Trophy as the NHL’s top coach.

Gallant was an obvious choice over Colorado’s Jared Bednar and Boston’s Bruce Cassidy after he masterminded the most spectacular expansion season in recent sports history. The Golden Knights went 51-24-7 and handily won the Pacific Division before winning 13 postseason games and reaching the Stanley Cup Final in their first playoff campaign.

The 54-year-old Gallant was named the Golden Knights’ first coach in April 2017, and the veteran NHL coach provided steady leadership while turning Vegas’ expansion roster into a cohesive, motivated team. Gallant’s players praised his steady, intelligent approach to the postseason, which ended in a five-game loss to the Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals.

Gallant previously coached in Columbus and Florida, but his teams had never won a playoff round before Vegas’ remarkable run.

6:10 p.m.

Los Angeles Kings captain Anze Kopitar has won the Selke Trophy as the NHL’s top defensive forward.

Kopitar won the trophy for the second time in three years, beating out perennial candidate and four-time winner Patrice Bergeron of Boston, along with Philadelphia’s Sean Couturier.

Kopitar led all NHL forwards in ice time during another standout season for the Kings Anthony Munoz Jersey , who were the NHL’s top statistical defensive team. The Slovenian star played extensively on the penalty kill and took 1,816 faceoffs.

Kopitar was a finalist for the Selke for the fourth time in five seasons. Bergeron has been a finalist in seven straight seasons, passing Pavel Datsyuk’s NHL record.

Kopitar is also a finalist for the Hart Trophy as the NHL’s MVP.

5:56 p.m.

New Jersey’s Brian Boyle has won the Masterton Trophy for perseverance and dedication to hockey.

The other finalists were Florida’s Roberto Luongo and Carolina’s Jordan Staal.

The 33-year-old Boyle was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia during training camp, but he made it back into the Devils’ lineup in November and eventually represented New Jersey at the All-Star game after teammate Taylor Hall couldn’t go because of injury.

Boyle put together an outstanding season even while his 2-year-old son, Declan, also had significant health problems.

5:47 p.m.

Vegas Golden Knights forward William Karlsson has won the Lady Byng Trophy as the player best combining sportsmanship and ability.

After Columbus made a deal with Vegas to take Karlsson off its hands in the expansion draft, the talented Swede had a breakthrough season for the expansion Golden Knights, racking up 43 goals and 35 assists with only 12 penalty minutes. Karlsson had never scored more than 25 points in any of his three previous NHL seasons with Anaheim and the Blue Jackets.

”Who would have thought?” Karlsson said with a smile after picking up his award.

Karlsson’s trophy is the first individual player honor earned by the Golden Knights. Coach Gerard Gallant, general manager George McPhee and defenseman Deryk Engelland are also up for awards later in the ceremony in the Knights’ hometown.

#74 2018-09-07 07:25:24

liny195
Пользователь

A pair of two-homer performances. A bases-loaded triple Anthony Zettel Jersey , followed by another triple. So many unusual things went into Chicago’s biggest comeback of the season that even the White Sox had trouble keeping track.

No matter. They’ll take it.

Daniel Palka and Avisail Garcia each homered twice, and Yoan Moncada tripled with the bases loaded in the 12th inning as the White Sox pulled off their biggest comeback and beat the Cincinnati Reds 12-8 on Tuesday night.

”Well, a lot going on today,” manager Rick Renteria said.

It was a night of non-stop offense, right from the outset.

Trailing 7-2 after five innings, the White Sox pulled even in the ninth on Garcia’s solo homer off Raisel Iglesias Billy Turner Jersey , then pulled it out with the help of a couple of Reds errors.

”That last inning was tough,” said Reds second baseman Scooter Gennett, whose error opened the way.

The White Sox loaded the bases with a walk and two errors. Moncada’s opposite-field triple off Jackson Stephens (2-1) broke the tie, and Yolmer Sanchez followed with another triple.

Hector Santiago (3-3) fanned six in two innings as the White Sox extended their domination in the interleague series. They’re 17-5 all-time against the Reds, including 11-3 in Cincinnati.

”Surreal,” said Chicago starter Lucas Giolito Kelvin Benjamin Jersey , who gave up three homers but wound up on the winning side. ”From my perspective, I didn’t get the job done. It’s an awesome feeling that these guys play hard behind you.”

Jim Riggleman was ejected by plate umpire Eric Cooper during Chicago’s winning rally, his first ejection as the Reds’ interim manager. They had words as Riggleman was signaling from the dugout for an intentional walk.

”Then he made some comment that I didn’t like,” Riggleman said. ”That’s kind of how the whole game went.”

The Reds got the better of a free-swinging game early on, surging ahead 4-0 before Giolito could record an out. Jose Peraza opened with a triple, Gennett hit his 14th homer  Von Miller Jersey , Joey Votto walked, and Eugenio Suarez followed with his 17th homer . Suarez performed a salsa dance with Votto after he crossed the plate.

Adam Duvall added a three-run shot into the upper deck in left field in the fifth inning off Giolito for a 7-2 lead, the second time in his career that the right-hander has allowed three homers in a game.

Anthony DeSclafani also gave up a career-high three homers – two by Palka and one by Garcia, who went 3 for 6 and extended his hitting streak to a career-high 13 games.

INTERLEAGUE

The White Sox are 4-10 in interleague play this season. The Reds are 7-2. The loss snapped their streak of six straight wins against the AL.

LONG TIME COMING

The last time the White Sox and Reds played an extra-inning game was Game 6 of the ”Black Sox” World Series in 1919. Chicago won that game 5-4 in 10 innings at Crosley Field.

HOMECOMING

Giolito started the Futures Game as part of the All-Star festivities at Great American Ball Park in 2015 and pitched two scoreless innings .

SLOPPY, SLOPPY

The Reds committed a season-high four errors – two by Suarez at third, one by Peraza at shortstop and one by Gennett at second base.

ROBBED … SORT OF

Sanchez’s triple in the 12th came on a weird play. Right fielder Brandon Dixon stretched above the wall and grabbed the fly ball – robbing Sanchez of a homer – but the glove flipped off his hand as he hit the wall and the ball deflected back onto the field.

TRAINER’S ROOM

White Sox: Jose Abreu was out of the lineup a day after he fouled a pitch off his left ankle. X-rays were negative. Abreu pinch hit in the 11th inning and grounded out.

Reds: Homer Bailey threw 103 pitches in 6 2/3 innings of a rehab appearance for Triple-A Louisville on Tuesday night Jordan Willis Jersey , giving up one run and seven hits while fanning eight. Bailey has been sidelined since June 2 by a sore right knee.

UP NEXT

White Sox: Dylan Covey (3-3) is 0-1 with a 12.71 ERA in his last three starts, walking 12 in 11 1/3 innings and giving up 16 runs.

Reds: Sal Romano (4-8) went 1-2 with a 3.90 ERA in five June starts. He’s been limited to five innings in four of his last six starts.

The Texans expect outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus back for the season opener.

That was the word from Bill O’Brien on Tuesday, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.

Mercilus has a hamstring injury that has kept him sidelined the past two weeks. He missed both preseason games, and it sounds as if he won’t play in the next two either.

The season-opening game against the Patriots is the goal for Mercilus.

Mercilus’ season-ending torn pectoral muscle last season was overshadowed by J.J. Watt‘s season-ending leg injury. Mercilus was hurt on the seventh play against the Chiefs in the fifth game of the season. Watt was hurt seven plays later.

Mercilus had one sack last season, giving him 38.5 in his six seasons.

Womens Hayden Hurst Jersey ,

#75 2018-09-17 05:53:03

liny195
Пользователь

If the NFL was hoping to pacify the loudest of the loud with their national anthem “compromise Art Shell Jersey ,” it doesn’t appear to be working.

Not only is the President taking a victory lap on cable news, but now other political opportunists are latching onto it to prove how star-spangled awesome they are.

Via Terry McCormick of TitansInsider.com, Tennessee Congresswoman Diane Black made it clear she didn’t think the league went far enough.

Black, who is running for governor, previously gave up her Titans season tickets and vowed to boycott the NFL over the anthem protests (even though no Titans took a knee during the anthem last year).

鈥淚 don鈥檛 know that that totally makes me feel better Charles Harris Jersey ,” Black told the Portland Leader. “That tells me that there are still a number of players that don鈥檛 respect our country.

鈥淚f you stay in the locker room, what does that say? That says that says I don鈥檛 respect that flag and I don鈥檛 respect that anthem. And I鈥檓 not sure I want to give my money to players who are making millions and sometimes hundreds of millions of dollars who don鈥檛 respect our country.鈥?/p>

If that feels like political pandering, it probably should. But it also represents the reality the NFL created for itself.

Proponents of players having the right to peacefully protest (a right which the league previously affirmed) are going to continue to believe the league is stifling dissent. People who want to use the anthem as a litmus test of a person’s patriotism will still view anything other than total compliance as a half-measure.

And that’s the tightrope the NFL is going to have to walk, after trying to craft a policy in hopes of offending the fewest people, while truly pleasing few.

The comeback of Robert Griffin III is complete: The quarterback will start the season with the Baltimore Ravens.

Griffin survived Baltimore's final cutdown Saturday and will join starter Joe Flacco and first-round pick Lamar Jackson on the depth chart. The Ravens have not carried three quarterbacks on their 53-man roster since 2009.

Griffin signed a one-year deal with the Ravens in April after sitting out the entire 2017 season. The five-year veteran served as the primary backup behind Flacco John Randle Jersey , but did not play in the finale Thursday against the Redskins, leaving open whether he would make the team.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Griffin's status would depend on "the math," which ultimately worked in the quarterback's favor.

"There's no doubt that you want Robert Griffin on your team," Harbaugh said after the final preseason game. "He makes our quarterback room better and stronger. He's a very good quarterback. He looks like a starter to me. He has been a starter. Certainly a backup in this league, without question. I mean Malcolm Smith Jersey , that's not even close. I would like to have him on the team, we'll just have to see how the math works."

Others were not so lucky.

The Ravens parted with receiver Breshad Perriman, the team's first-round pick in 2015. He managed just 43 catches for 576 yards and three touchdowns over 27 career games. It marked the first time in franchise history the Ravens cut a first-round pick before the end of his rookie contract.

Baltimore also waived tight end Darren Waller, who recently returned from a year-long suspension for violating the league's policy on performance enhancers.

Other notable cuts included offensive lineman Nico Siragusa, a fourth-round pick in 2017; linebacker Albert McClellan Pat Elflein Jersey , an undrafted free agent who spent the past seven years with the team; defensive end Bronson Kaufusi, a third-round pick in 2016; and defensive tackle Carl Davis, a third-round selection in 2015 who started nine games last season.

Also Saturday, the Ravens placed kicker Kaare Vedvik on the reserve/non-football injury list.

Authentic Womens B.J. Hill Jersey

Board footer

© 2010-2018, Все права защищены Партнерская сеть «ActionPay»