#26 2018-08-16 10:55:29

liny195
Пользователь
Кол-во сообщений: 112

Re: Список офферов под мотивированный трафик

Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle insists he hasn’t been keeping close tabs of his team’s slide following a hot start. He wasn’t aware the Pirates had dropped eight straight series until someone mentioned it to him earlier in the week.

”If somebody would have told me you’re going to lose eight series Keke Coutee Color Rush Jersey , you’d think you’re going to be horrible,” Hurdle said. ”We’re not horrible. We’re fighting. And we believe that our best baseball is in front of us.”

It is, at least when the Pirates play the struggling Cincinnati Reds. Josh Harrison hit a two-run homer, Colin Moran and Elias Diaz added solo shots and the Pirates pulled away for a 6-2 victory on Saturday to push their modest winning streak to three and assuring themselves of their first positive series since taking a two-game set from the Chicago White Sox a month ago.

”We know what’s happened here the past couple weeks,” Harrison said. ”Guys are still plugging away and coming ready to show up every day and we’ve had three in a row. We know that doesn’t speak for what’s happened or what will happen. We’ve just got to continue to keep bringing it every day.”

Moran and Diaz both went deep off Luis Castillo (4-8) to give Pittsburgh the lead. Harrison hit his fourth of the season off reliever Austin Brice in the sixth. The Cincinnati native finished 2 for 4 is hitting .368 (14 for 38) against the Reds.

”Any time you can have a total offensive effort like that, it shows that we’re doing what we’re supposed to, taking advantage of mistake pitches and when presented with an opportunity to move a runner, get it done,” Harrison said.

Ivan Nova (4-5) worked through heavy traffic on a day his breaking ball abandoned him to last six innings and pick up his second victory in as many starts since returning from the 10-day disabled list with a sprained right ring finger. Nova allowed only Eugenio Suarez’s 13th home run in the second, striking out three while giving up three walks.

”I didn’t have the curveball today, but we grinded out there,” Nova said.

Castillo struggled keeping the ball on the right side of the fence at PNC Park, a problem that’s plagued the 25-year-old all season. He’s now allowed at least one home run in 15 of his 18 starts.

”It’s surprising because I’m trying to do my best and every time I get out there, I give up one or two home runs Lawrence Taylor Jersey ,” Castillo said after dropping his fourth straight decision. ”I really don’t know what’s happening right now. I’m just going to keep working in the bullpen and keep doing my best trying to help.”

Rookie Brandon Dixon hit his first major league home run off Pittsburgh reliever Michael Feliz in the ninth and Jesse Winker had two of Cincinnati’s seven hits to snap out of an 0-for-13 skid, but the Reds had issues taking advantage against Nova.

Cincinnati went 0 for 7 with runners in scoring position and is now 0 for 19 with runners in scoring position in the series.

”We’ve just got to get it going,” Reds manager Jim Riggleman said. ”You go through these things. We’ve got a good offensive ball club. We’ve shown it many times. We’re just in a little funk here where we’re not getting some timely hits.”

Moran broke a tie with his fourth home run of the season and first since June 2 when he sent Castillo’s pitch into the bullpen beyond the centerfield fence leading off the second. Diaz made it 3-1 when his fifth home run led off the third.

The Reds had their opportunities against Nova. They loaded the bases in the fourth only to have Billy Hamilton ground out to first to end the threat. Scott Schebler led off the fifth with a double but couldn’t get home and Hamilton came to the plate in the sixth with two runners on only to fly out to left field.

Hamilton finished 0 for 4 as his averaged dipped to .187.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Pirates: Reliever Richard Rodriguez (right shoulder inflammation) threw 20 pitches in a simulated game and is nearing a return from the 10-day disabled list. Rodriguez, who is eligible to come off the DL on Monday, said ”things feel really good right now.”

UP NEXT

Reds: Anthony DeSclafani (1-1, 5.40 ERA) starts the series finale on Sunday. The 28-year-old picked up his first victory since 2016 in his previous start against St. Louis.

Pirates: Joe Musgrove (2-1, 2.16) makes his first career start against the Reds. Musgrove gave up two earned runs in five innings of a no decision on Monday against Arizona.

After missing the playoffs for the second straight year, and eighth time in the last 11, the New York Islanders head into the offseason with much work to be done.

The most important task is signing captain John Tavares, who is set to be a free agent this summer.

Tavares has said all along he hopes to be back with the only franchise he’s played for, but doesn’t know what will happen. However, with the season having ended less than 48 hours ago, he needs to take a breather first.

”Take some time to not even think about hockey for a few days,” Tavares said Monday. ”And then prepare for the offseason and training Vita Vea Jersey Elite , and obviously the contract will come up here as well.”

Tavares, 27, just wrapped up the final year of a six-year, $33 million contract, and would be the top free agent available July 1. The face of the Islanders since they selected him No. 1 overall in the 2009 draft, Tavares had 37 goals and 47 assists this season, finishing a goal and an assist shy of the career highs he set in 2014-15.

”This is where I hope to be and I’ve stated that,” he said. ”Just have to take some time and figure out what I want to do.”

Islanders co-owner Jon Ledecky and general manager Garth Snow have both repeatedly said they want Tavares to return, and Snow reiterated that Monday.

”We want to be in a situation where he has the Stanley Cup in his hand, wearing an Islanders jersey, and we want him to retire as an Islander,” Snow said.

Ledecky read a statement in which he declined to address the futures of any player, or the statuses of Snow and coach Doug Weight, saying the team was ”committed to long-term success Mike McGlinchey Color Rush Jersey ,” and defined that as ”competing every year for the Stanley Cup and eventually winning a fifth ring.”

He added: ”For the past season, as owners we have failed. We sincerely apologize to our fans. We want to express that our ownership group is totally committed to winning and providing the resources to do just that.”

The Islanders finished 35-37-10 despite getting off to a strong start in which they won 15 of their first 24 games.

However, injuries to defensemen Calvin de Haan and Johnny Boychuk started them on a tailspin in which they lost 30 of their final 45 games (15-24-6).

There were some bright spots, led by Mathew Barzal’s 22 goals and 63 assists that make him the leading candidate for the Calder Trophy as the league’s top rookie. Also, Anders Lee had the franchise’s first 40-goal season since Jason Blake in 2006-07, and Josh Bailey had career bests of 18 goals and 53 assists.

Some other things to know as the Islanders head into the offseason:

IMPROVING THE DEFENSE

Finding a way to improve the defense needs to be the second priority this summer – after retaining Tavares. The Islanders finished eighth in the league in scoring with 261 goals, but gave up a league-worst 293. They were also last in shots allowed and penalty-killing,

Nick Leddy had an unseemly minus-42 rating, the league’s worst since Pittsburgh’s Rico Fata (minus-46) in 2003-04. Calvin de Haan was lost for the season in December and is also set to be free agent. On the bright side, Ryan Pulock and Adam Pelech, both 23, established themselves as solid young defensemen.

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT

Barzal and Anthony Beauvillier, both 20, formed a solid second line with Jordan Eberle http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/a … ice-jersey , 27, combining for 180 points to complement the top line of Lee-Tavares-Bailey (217).

Eberle had 25 goals and 34 assists in his first season in New York, and Beauvillier had a breakout second season in the NHL with 21 goals and 15 assists.

WHO’S IN GOAL?

Thomas Greiss is the only goalie signed for next season, with Jaroslav Halak set to be an unrestricted free agent. Greiss dealt with an injury down the stretch and finished 13-8-2 with one shutout and a 3.82 goals-against average.

Halak was 20-26-6 with a shutout and a 3.16 GAA in the final season of a four-year deal. The 32-year-old had a solid first season, going 38-17-4 with a 2.43 GAA in 2014-15, but totaled just 50 wins the last three years.

SNOW’S JOB

With the Islanders having made the playoffs just four times in 12 years since Snow was hired as the GM, he was asked if he deserved to stay on the job.

”Yeah,” he said. ”When I took over this position it was a situation where it was an all-out rebuild. … Now we’re in a situation where we feel we can compete for a Stanley Cup.

”You can go through the lineup and have a pretty common theme of successful stories of where we’ve built through the draft. And I think our prospect pool at this point in time is impressive as well.”

HOME AND HOME

The team’s struggles this season were punctuated by losses at Barclays Center, where they were 59-26-16 since moving to the Brooklyn arena before the 2015-16 season.

However, they lost 15 of their final 22 games there to finish with a losing record on home ice for the first time since 2013-14.

Now, the Islanders will be splitting home games between Barclays Center and the Nassau Coliseum – their former home – for at least the next three seasons until a new arena is built at Belmont Park.

—-

Follow Vin Cherwoo at .

#27 2018-08-16 11:08:22

liny195
Пользователь

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster was suspended Tuesday without pay for the first two games of the regular season for violating the NFL's conduct and substance-abuse policy.

The NFL said Foster will also be fined for violations from a weapons offense and misdemeanor drug charge that were resolved earlier this offseason.

Foster will miss San Francisco's games against Minnesota and Detroit before being allowed to return on Sept. 17 before the Niners play Kansas City.

"I accept the League's decision and am sorry that my mistakes have hurt my team Isaiah Oliver Falcons Jersey ," Foster said in a statement. "I have a responsibility to the 49ers, our fans and our community, and I am committed to learning from this situation and making better choices in the future. The support I have received over the last five months has been humbling, and I do not take it for granted."

Foster was charged in January in Alabama with second-degree marijuana possession. That charge was eventually dismissed after he completed a first-time offender diversion course.

Foster then faced more serious charges for an incident in California in February. He was initially charged in April with felonies for domestic violence, making criminal threats and weapons possession after being accused of beating up his ex-girlfriend.

A judge ruled there was no probable cause on the first two charges after the ex-girlfriend recanted the allegations and the judge found no other evidence to support the charges. The weapons charge was reduced to a misdemeanor and Foster pleaded no-contest to that in June.

He was sentenced to two years' probation, 232 hours of community service, and $235 in fines. He will not be allowed to own guns while he's on probation.

The 49ers initially told Foster to stay away from the offseason program after the felony charges were filed in the domestic violence case before welcoming him back after that was resolved in May.

"Our organization understands and supports the League's decision Authentic Ryan Switzer Jersey ," general manager John Lynch said. "Although we are disappointed that Reuben will not be with our team for the first two games of the season, we will continue to work with him on making better decisions and eliminating unnecessary distractions. We are encouraged to see Reuben take responsibility for his mistakes, and hopeful that he has learned from them as well."

The 49ers drafted Foster 31st overall last year after questions about his health and character caused him to drop from being a possible top 10 pick.

Foster delivered on the field, ranking second on the team with 72 tackles in 10 games as a rookie and looking like a key part of San Francisco's defensive future.

Weaving wildly down the steep final slope, Marcel Hirscher somehow found a way to outduel Henrik Kristoffersen yet again on Saturday.

Hirscher’s thrilling victory was his third in a World Cup giant slalom this season with his biggest rival runner-up each time. It also lifted the 28-year-old Austrian into third on the men’s World Cup all-time wins list.

The Hirscher-Kristoffersen contest shapes as one of Alpine skiing’s best rivalries heading into the Pyeongchang Winter Games next month, when both will seek a first Olympic gold medal.

Hirscher hung on for the win by just 0.17 seconds despite losing speed, and most of his half-second lead Authentic Geron Christian Jersey , taking a wide line cresting the slope down to the finish.

He went wide again three gates from the end and, on crossing the finish line, fell to the snow as if in disbelief that he won.

”Once again the luck was on my side,” Hirscher said in a finish-area interview broadcast to a crowd of 31,000 for the classic Swiss race.

Kristoffersen applauded his opponent and smiled wryly for the cameras on being runner-up for the sixth time in all races this season – four of them behind the same man. He has yet to win and is currently second to Hirscher in three different season-long standings.

”It was a real fight,” Kristoffersen said of Hirscher. ”At the moment he is just better.”

Alexis Pinturault of France placed third Saturday, trailing 0.21 behind Hirscher Cheap Cordy Glenn Jersey , the six-time defending overall champion.

Hirscher extended his lead in the overall and giant slalom season standings from second-place Kristoffersen.

With his 51st career World Cup win, the 28-year-old Austrian broke a tie with Alberto Tomba that lasted only two days. Hirscher won a slalom Thursday at Zagreb, Croatia.

Hirscher now trails only his fellow Austrian Hermann Maier (54) and Swedish great Ingemar Stenmark (86) on the wins list 51 years after the World Cup began.

A sixth career win at Adelboden also lifted Hirscher over Stenmark’s five on the Chuenisbaergli hill. However, when Stenmark raced in the 1970s and `80s, the course staged only a giant slalom.

Hirscher and Kristoffersen will start favorites in slalom on Sunday.

”I am not confident,” Kristoffersen said. ”He has won three in a row, or something Authentic Evan Bouchard Jersey , in slalom.”

Olympic champion Ted Ligety, the winner here in 2013, skied out in the second run on a darkening course after being eighth fastest in the morning sunshine.

Fans packed the stands in record numbers for one of Switzerland’s favorite sports events after overnight repairs to rebuild a section of the main road into Adelboden. It was damaged by the Eleanor storm that swept across Europe in midweek.

#28 2018-08-16 11:24:27

liny195
Пользователь

When Saints rookie receiver Tre’Quan Smith picked his jersey number Sam Darnold Jersey , he had a choice between 10 or 18.

The number 10 held no personal significance to Smith previously, but he knew it meant something to fans in New Orleans.

Brandin Cooks, the Saints’ first-round choice in 2014, wore that number until he was traded to New England in 2017. So Smith, never shy about discussing his own high standards, went with that.

”It meant a lot, what he did on the field when he was here,” Smith said of Cooks, who had two 1,000-yard seasons in New Orleans and is now with the Los Angeles Rams.

”It just boosts the expectations of like, what I have to do. Because I know the guy who wore it before me, he was a great player. So, I want to be a great player.”

The 6-foot-2 Smith is one of two receivers who could grow into significant roles in New Orleans’ passing game. The other is Cameron Meredith, a free-agent acquisition who led Chicago in receiving two seasons ago before missing all of last season with a knee injury.

Smith unabashedly endorses the notion that he was one of the steals of last spring’s draft when he was selected in the third round – 91st overall – out of Central Florida.

Saints receivers coach Curtis Johnson said the 6-3 Meredith has the ability to give the Saints some of what they lost when the franchise’s career receiving leader, Marques Colston, retired after the 2015 season.

”When you talk about red zone and third down, one thing you want to do is you want to have length” on the field, said Johnson Cheap Will Dissly Jersey , who also was Meredith’s position coach in Chicago two seasons ago. ”He has the skills to separate in small spaces. For big guys, that’s tough.”

Johnson said Meredith can play out wide, but is particularly adept at executing ”seam” routes down the middle of the field as a slot receiver, particularly against smaller defensive backs.

”There’s a lot of small DBs in the league, and you love to see him match up with small guys, especially in the slot,” Johnson said.

Last season, Michael Thomas and Ted Ginn were the most productive members of New Orleans’ receiving group; Thomas had 1,245 yards and five touchdown catches, while Ginn had 787 yards and four TDs receiving.

Both are back. But if Meredith returns to his form of 2016 – 888 yards, four TDs – and Smith develops quickly, quarterback Drew Brees could find it easier to punish defenses for shading coverage toward a particular side of the field, or a particular receiver.

Smith missed a number of offseason practices with a hamstring injury, but was able to take part in summer workouts Brees hosted in California.

Since camp opened, Smith periodically has been working with the first-team offense, and Brees has connected with him deep downfield already.

”He can run,” Saints coach Sean Payton said, but offered only measured praise beyond that.

”He’s making some good plays and then all of a sudden he’s having a few plays that he’s got to correct Jaguars Game Jerseys ,” Payton said. ”His stance and start still need work, but (it’s) something he’s been focused on.”

Meredith had reconstructive knee surgery a little less than a year ago. He’d been easing his way back into on-field work during the offseason. Coaches are still monitoring his snap count during camp, but when he is on the field, he appears to run routes without limitations.

”I’m out here practicing and felt good, so that’s a good sign,” Meredith said, adding that the opportunity to work with Brees is ”amazing.”

”He’s such a leader,” Meredith said, specifying that he has picked up on elements of Brees’ preparation and work ethic that other players can adopt, regardless of the position they play. ”He’s very detailed about everything.”

Johnson calls Meredith ”smart beyond his years,” explaining that the fourth-year pro ”hasn’t played much, but he’s mature … and having Drew on his side is awesome.”

Even before Meredith got back on the field, he appeared to have made a good impression on Brees.

”I like talking to him. I like his attitude. I like what I’ve seen from his prior film. I like his size and his strength,” Brees said earlier this offseason. ”He fits the system well and I think we’re going to be able to do a lot of things with him.”

The NHL’s return to Winnipeg has been an instant success in the seats, with regular sellouts since the Jets arrived in 2011 for a second landing in the smallest market in the league.

Progress on the ice has been measurably slower, with just one appearance in the playoffs in the first six years in wintry Manitoba after a struggling franchise moved north from Atlanta, but the patience of general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff has been rewarded and then some this season.

Sporting the second-best record in the NHL, the Jets have carried the momentum of 11 wins in their last 12 games into their first-round series against Minnesota.

They boast one of the game’s coveted prodigies in 19-year-old Patrik Laine and his 44 goals. They have a balanced roster that ranked second in the league in scoring and fifth in fewest goals against. They face the Wild on Wednesday night at home Youth Isaiah Oliver Jersey , where they’re an NHL-best 32-7-2 this season.

”Enjoy it, right?” Jets coach Paul Maurice said. ”We work real hard to get to a place where there’s mounting pressure and mounting enthusiasm, and then we want to keep working to get to more and more and more. So you have to be a part of it. You have to enjoy it for sure.”

Their time to take a big step forward to join the league’s elite has arrived. They even, considering their seed, represent the best hope to bring the Stanley Cup back to Canada for the first time since 1993.

Toronto is the only other team that made the playoffs this year, and the Maple Leafs must start the first round on the road against the Boston Bruins.

”You don’t know how many times you’re going to come across this opportunity,” goalie Connor Hellebuyck said, ”and especially now with the great team like we have here. I’m really excited to see what these guys bring.”

With another series of ”Whiteout ” events planned for Bell MTS Place, with fans encouraged to wear white team gear to the arena and surrounding parties, the city has been buzzing all week even as winter again overstays its welcome.

”I’m very excited. I can start feeling my body getting those butterflies,” Hellebuyck said.

The knock against the Jets is the collective lack of postseason experience, with a four-game sweep by the Anaheim Ducks in 2015 serving as the only action in the playoffs for some of these players. Laine hadn’t even been drafted yet.

That’s where the Wild have a clear advantage, with this their sixth straight appearance in the 16-team tournament.

Though they were overshadowed in the Western Conference this season by the Jets, the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Nashville Predators and the expansion Vegas Golden Knights, the Wild posted the third-best record in franchise history. Center Eric Staal had 42 goals, his most in 12 years. Jason Zucker scored a career-high 33 goals. Their defensemen ranked second in the league with 200 points.

”You really got to go through it to know what it’s about,” left wing Zach Parise said, adding: ”I know they’ve been short-lived the last couple years Davante Adams Packers Jersey , but you hope with just being there that will help us.”

Here are some other key angles to follow with the series:

PALS IN PADS

Hellebuyck and Wild goalie Devan Dubnyk met last summer in British Columbia during training sessions and rounds of golf that forged a friendship, with Dubnyk encouraging Hellebuyck to keep his head up after the Jets signed Steve Mason to an $8.2 million contract.

Sure enough, Mason stumbled early and Hellebuyck supplanted him as the primary netminder to tie for the NHL lead with 44 wins and finish eighth in goals-against average.

”It’s been fun to watch but that’s enough now,” Dubnyk said. ”It’s been a great year for him, but I’ll stop cheering for him now.”

SUTER OUT, SPURGEON IN

One of the Wild’s greatest assets for this matchup will be absent, with a season-ending broken ankle for stalwart Ryan Suter, who tied a franchise defenseman record with 51 points in 78 games.

The upside is that Jared Spurgeon, who missed the last 17 games with a torn hamstring, is on track to return. He practiced with one of the two power-play units on Tuesday, and coach Bruce Boudreau said he’d make a game-time decision about Spurgeon’s availability on Wednesday.

WHEELS UP

Jets captain Blake Wheeler tied for the NHL lead with 68 assists this season and finished ninth with 91 points, fueling a potent first line with Kyle Connor and Mark Schiefele to take some of the scoring pressure off Laine.

Wheeler played at Breck High School in the Twin Cities area and in college for Minnesota before turning pro. He has never missed more than three games in any regular season since his debut with Boston in 2008-09.

CULLEN’S CUPS

Wild center Matt Cullen contributed a modest 11 goals and 11 assists from the fourth line, but the 41-year-old’s contribution transcends points. He’s played in 123 postseason games, winning three Stanley Cups including the past two with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

”This is why we got him, his experience in positions like we’re in right now,” Boudreau said. ”So we’re hoping he’s going to be valuable.”

#29 2018-08-16 11:43:13

liny195
Пользователь

鈥?Robbie Gould pumped his right arm. He screamed at the Chicago sideline. Kicking the winning field goal sure made it a sweet return to Soldier Field.Gould nailed a 24-yarder in the closing seconds Cheap M.J. Stewart Jersey , Jimmy Garoppolo threw for 293 yards in his first San Francisco start, and the 49ers beat the Chicago Bears 15-14 on Sunday.Gould made all five field goals 鈥?none longer than 35 yards 鈥?in his first appearance at Soldier Field since Chicago cut him prior to the 2016 opener. The Bears’ all-time leader in points and field goals made, he let it all out after he booted the winner right down the middle.“I wanted this one really bad,” Gould said. “I downplayed it all week for my own peace of mind, to be honest with you. I’m just happy it went this way.”Garoppolo was solid in his first start since the 49ers (2-10) acquired him from New England before the trade deadline in October. The suburban Chicago and Eastern Illinois product completed 26 of 37 passes with an interception. And the 49ers picked up the win after losing their first five road games.Garoppolo grew up a Bears fan but never attended an NFL game until he entered the league, so this was quite an experience.“I tried to say all week that it was just a normal game, but obviously, I’d never come back to Chicago like this,” Garoppolo said. “It’s exciting. I had a ton of people here. It was one of the more fun games I’d been a part of.”Marquise Goodwin had eight catches for 99 yards. Trent Taylor added 92 yards receiving, including a 33-yarder that kept the winning drive going even though he was sick to his stomach.Chicago (3-9) dropped its fifth straight Clive Walford Jersey Jets , and coach John Fox fell to 12-32 in three seasons with the Bears.“It was hard to even talk to the team after this loss,” he said.Then again, what is there to say? The Bears are wrapping up their fifth straight season without a winning record and will finish below .500 for the fourth year in a row. They went from getting pounded by a championship contender at Philadelphia to losing to one of the league’s worst teams.Mitchell Trubisky was 12 of 15 for 102 yards and a touchdown. Not exactly the bounce-back performance he wanted coming off a rough outing against the Eagles.“I mean, there’s two ways to handle it: positively and negatively,” Trubisky said. “You put your head down and come up here and sound like a loser. Or you can just believe in what you know, go back to work and just know the guys in the locker room have your back and have their back, and have the faith that it’s going to turn around.Tarik Cohen returned a punt 61 yards for a touchdown. That made him the first NFL rookie with rushing, receiving, passing and punt return TDs in a season since Gale Sayers in 1965.Garoppolo showed his poise on the winning drive, lSan Francisco from its 8 to the Chicago 6.His 33-yard pass to Taylor on third down put the ball on the Bears 18 with two minutes left and helped set up Gould’s big kick.“(Garoppolo) never seems too high Youth Markus Wheaton Jersey , never seems too low, which is what in a quarterback,” coach Kyle Shanahan said. “He kept that throughout the game. … The guy never changed, which is what you want to see. It allows you to overcome mistakes.”MISSED CHANCESThe 49ers dominated in total yards (388-147) and time of possession (38:47-21:13). But they committed eight penalties, several near the end zone. That helped explain why they failed to score touchdowns on five trips inside the 20.FAMILY LESSONSIn another twist to the homecoming story, Gould said his father-in-law taught Garoppolo in high school.INJURIES49ers: Starting RT Trent Brown (shoulder) started after being listed as questionable. S Adrian Colbert also started after missing last week’s 24-13 loss to Seattle following thumb surgery.Bears: LB Pernell McPhee suffered a shoulder injury on the game’s opening drive. … DE Mitch Unrein (knee) was hurt in the second quarter. … RG Kyle Long (shoul out the second half. … K Cairo Santos tweaked his groin. … LG Josh Sitton started after being listed as questionable because of a concussion. … S Adrian Amos (hamstring) and his backup Deon Buswere inactive.UP NEXT49ers: Visit Houston on Dec. 10.Bears: Visit Cincinnati on Dec. 10. The man convicted of manslaughter in the 2016 road rage shooting death of former NFL running back Joe McKnight was sentenced to 30 years in prison Thursday.

Ronald Gasser, 56, had faced up to 40 years in prison. Defense lawyers argued that Gasser fired in self-defense when McKnight walked up to his car following a 5-mile confrontation that began on a bridge spanning the Mississippi River in New Orleans and ended with gunfire in neighboring Jefferson Parish.

”Let this be a cautionary tale,” Judge Ellen Kovach said. McKnight’s death could have been avoided ”if either of the men had had the good sense, the courage and the wisdom to simply disengage.”

Sentencing followed emotional testimony from McKnight’s loved ones.

”That day Authentic Geron Christian Jersey , you didn’t have to do that,” McKnight’s mother, Jennifer McKnight, said while looking down at Gasser, who sat a few feet away at the defense table. She cried throughout her testimony and was escorted from the courtroom sobbing.

Witnesses at the trial said McKnight had been weaving in and out of traffic at high speed before the shooting. Prosecutors acknowledged to the jury that he was, in the words of Assistant District Attorney Seth Shute, ”driving like a jerk.” But they argued that Gasser escalated the conflict, following him down an exit that he would not ordinarily have taken moments before the shooting.

Shute acknowledged that McKnight had a hand on the open, passenger side window of Gasser’s car before he was shot. But he said physical evidence proved Gasser lied during extensive police questioning when he claimed McKnight lunged at him.

Michelle Quick, the mother of McKnight’s now 9-year-old son JK Scott Color Rush Jersey , described struggling to tell the child what had happened, and trying to protect him from seeing internet video of McKnight on the ground at the shooting scene as people worked to save him.

Defense attorney Matthew Goetz, who is appealing the verdict, had argued for a lenient sentence, noting Gasser’s lack of a criminal record. A prosecutor argued that Gasser has shown no remorse.

McKnight had been a high school football hero at Louisiana’s John Curtis Christian School. He signed with the University of Southern California in 2006. In the NFL, he played three seasons for the New York Jets and one with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Gasser was indicted on a second-degree murder charge. The jury voted 10-2 in January for the lesser verdict of manslaughter.

Gasser did not leave the scene of the shooting and he was released for a time after being questioned. He is white and his release after the shooting of the black athlete sparked protests from some who said race was a factor.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand, who has since retired, denied that race played any role and noted that a thorough investigation led to Gasser’s arrest and indictment. Prosecutors later recounted a painstaking investigation, including an extensive search for witnesses and physical evidence that eventually led to Gasser being charged.

The case in some ways echoed another New Orleans-area road rage shooting from 2016. Former New Orleans Saints star Will Smith was gunned down in that April incident. The shooter was later convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 25 years.

#30 2018-08-16 12:10:59

liny195
Пользователь

For a team that entered the season thinking it was ready to win 50 games and reach the Eastern Conference finals Carlos Carrasco Cleveland Indians Jersey , John Wall’s Washington Wizards sure did lose a lot of games against teams that didn’t even make the playoffs.

And everything revealed by those defeats against the likes of the Hawks and Magic, or the Mavericks and Suns, or the Nets and Bulls – a lack of consistency, for example, or an inability to close out opponents – were the same sorts of problems that failed the Wizards in their first-round exit as the No. 8 seed in the Eastern Conference.

”We had some great moments. Then we showed bad moments,” Wall said Saturday, the day after a 102-92 loss in Game 6 against the No. 1 seed Toronto Raptors ended Washington’s season. ”Just kind of not respecting some of the opponents that we went against.”

Asked why that happened, forward Markieff Morris said: ”Sometimes it felt like it was immaturity. … Not coming in and doing our job.”

The issue might have been as much a detriment as missing Wall for 41 regular-season games because of health problems – they were 23-18 with him, 20-21 without – or a mediocre reserve unit.

”I guess the one thing about the Wizards (is) you never know who you’re going to expect today,” center Marcin Gortat said. ”You might get a team that’s going to lose to the worst team in the league – or can beat the best team in the league.”

Shooting guard Bradley Beal, who joined Wall as an All-Star for the first time Fernando Rodney Jersey , agreed with others that the Wizards had a problem taking for granted games against foes with losing records.

”There were a lot of times that we would just show up and think we were just going to win the game,” Beal said. ”You can’t do that. You have to respect everybody.”

Wall and Beal – the two leading scorers – are both playing under long-term, maximum-money contracts, as is third option Otto Porter Jr.

And coach Scott Brooks has three years left on his deal.

So the assumption is that this will be the core moving forward. Wall said it’s clear that Washington needs some new parts, more than once describing what’s lacking are players ”that really want to be here.”

Now the question becomes whether that trio of players and their coach can finally take a step forward next year. Wall and Beal have yet to get past the second round of the playoffs.

”Going into the season,” Brooks said, ”we definitely had some high expectations.”

They weren’t met.

Here are other things to know about the Wizards as their offseason begins:

CHEMISTRY MAJORS

There was a lot of speculation about whether there was shaky locker room chemistry, and while reserve Mike Scott and Gortat were eager to dismiss that notion, others weren’t so clear that it was a non-factor.

”I feel like we might not have identified the real issues,” backup center Ian Mahinmi said. ”Unless we can honestly and genuinely talk and find solution, we (are) going to continue the trend that’s going right now.”

He mentioned ”miscommunication” and added: ”I don’t think we had a genuine approach with everything.”

Said Wall: ”When things are going well Cheap Martinas Rankin Jersey , everybody’s happy, everybody wants to be here. But when things get rough, that’s when you really figure out who’s your brother.”

WALL AND BEAL

Beal carried the club while Wall was out and played in all 82 games for the first time. As for chatter about breaking up the duo, Beal says he’s not interested. ”They have trusted us, to build around us,” Beal said. ”I’m not really a fan of change and starting over again. Hopefully (owner Ted Leonsis and team president Ernie Grunfeld) won’t give me the boot – or give either of us the boot.”

SMALL BALL?

With two back-to-the-basket and screen-setting centers in Gortat and Mahinmi, the Wizards could try to figure out a way to make a change to that part of the roster.

”We don’t really have an athletic big. I mean, Ian is older. (Gortat) is older,” Wall said. ”They’re not athletic guys, but they do the little things that permit their game to help as much as possible.”

Brooks would love his big men to shoot 3s, but Gortat flatly ruled out trying to work on that aspect of his game.

”I hate small ball http://www.cowboysauthorizedshops.com/a … ltz-jersey ,” Gortat said. ”Small ball basketball in this league is just trash.”

The Minnesota Vikings have re-signed defensive end Danielle Hunter to a massive five-year contract extension worth $72 million, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport:The #Vikings agreed to terms with DE Danielle Hunter on a 5-year, $72M extension, source said. $40M in guarantees. He gets a $15M signing bonus .Big-time money for a budding talent. 馃挵馃挵馃挸— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 27, 2018Hunter - the 88th pick in the 2015 NFL draft - has quickly morphed into one of the league's top young pass-rushers. He's registered 25.5 sacks, 134 total tackles and a trio of forced fumbles through his first three NFL seasons. Hunter posted an impressive 12.5 sacks during the 2016 campaign.The 23-year-old Hunter was given an 82.6 total grade for the 2017 season by Pro Football Focus, which placed him in the "above average" category. Hunter has been a key cog in Minnesota's elite defense, helping them reach the 2017 NFC Championship Game - where they would fall to the Philadelphia Eagles.During the 2017 postseason, Hunter registered one sack and nine total tackles. The Vikings tied the other team's for the NFL' best record with 13 wins, and their trip to the NFC title game was the franchise's first in eight years.With Hunter, Everson Griffen Cardinals Authentic Jerseys , Anthony Barr, Xavier Rhodes, Harrison Smith and Sheldon Richardson in the fold, Minnesota's top-ranked defense from 2017 will be a force to be reckoned with for many years.It's been a busy offseason for general manager Rick Spielman, who landed quarterback Kirk Cousins on a three-year, $84 million guaranteed deal. He also brought in the aforementioned Richardson on a one-year deal and has now signed Hunter to a long-term contract. The Vikings have made the playoffs in two of the past three seasons, but it's now becoming a championship-or-bust label for the franchise. They were one game short of being the first team to play in the Super Bowl that their city was also hosting.With Hunter signed long-term, the Vikings keep one of their best players and have the window open for many more years. It's time for them to now live up to the hype and bring home a championship to the city..

#31 2018-08-16 12:22:11

liny195
Пользователь

The NFL’s new rule outlawing a player from lowering his head to initially make any sort of hit with his helmet likely will be included in replay reviews for officials.

That has not been decided yet Customized Seattle Seahawks Jerseys , but Commissioner Roger Goodell and competition committee chairman Rich McKay made it clear Wednesday that video reviews probably will be part of the process.

”If we’re able to have replay confirm one of these fouls and also confirms a player be ejected,” Goodell said as the league meetings concluded, ”I think there is more confidence among the coaches it will be called accurately.”

After noting the unanimous approval of the new rule among coaches, Goodell said on-field officials felt the same way.

”We think that is appropriate to do and it would be the first time we use replay for safety or in respect to any kind of foul,” Goodell added.

Late Tuesday, the owners rewrote the rule on using the helmet, making it a 15-yard penalty for any player to lower his head to initiate any hit with the helmet. McKay called it ”a significant change,” noting that it was a ”technique too dangerous for the player doing it and the player being hit.”

While the offender could be disqualified, owners did not call for an automatic ejection on such a play – at least not yet. In college football, when a player is penalized for targeting and a replay review affirms it Mike Piazza Jersey , he is ejected.

Including replay will be discussed and very possibly implemented at the NFL’s May meetings in Atlanta, where another full agenda will include discussions of changes to the league’s national anthem policy; the potential sale of the Carolina Panthers; and awarding the 2019 and 2020 drafts to two of the five finalist cities.

Before then, Goodell stressed that the workings of the new helmet use rule will be made clear to the players, and there will be further discussions on the standards to go from disqualifying a player to fines and possibly suspensions.

”Our intent is to go to each team with tape and all the analysis work done (by the football operations, technology and medical staffs) and be able to present it to them,” Goodell said, adding it will be ”all hands on deck” in the educational process.

”We can take the head out, and we do want to make sure certain techniques are not used in our game. I am confident in the next few months (players) will understand it.”

Like the coaches, the owners were emphatically behind the change.

”We’ve done so much research and investigation on what creates the real concussive plays in the NFL,” Eagles owner Jeff Lurie said Youth Kalen Ballage Jersey , ”and it became obvious that so many of the plays are through the lowering of the helmet and using the helmet as a weapon. I thought this (rule) was very important.”

Asked about the Rooney Rule and criticism of the Raiders in how they hired Jon Gruden as coach, Goodell said the league will look at it ”and see if we can improve it, absolutely.” Oakland was found to have not violated the rule that requires minority candidates to be interviewed for head coaching and executive positions.

Also:

-Goodell said any findings in the investigation of the behavior of Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson will be made public once the probe is concluded. There is no timetable for that.

Richardson has been accused of workplace misconduct and in December said he was selling the team.

The league hopes a buyer can be found in the next few weeks, vetted and then presented for approval at the May meetings.

-While there were discussions in Orlando about the NFL’s national anthem policy, Goodell said the focus was more on implementing social justice platforms in tandem with the players. Potential changes to that policy could come in May.

-Owners passed two more rules changes.

Most noteworthy, the league eliminated the requirement that a team that scores a winning touchdown at the end of regulation kick the extra point or go for a 2-point conversion.

In a January playoff game that Minnesota memorably won on a final pass play, New Orleans players were required to return to the field after leaving for a meaningless extra point. The Vikings took a knee.

Of course, bettors and fantasy players could have a stake in the PAT, but neither participating team did, particularly now that points scored or points differential is so low in any tiebreaking procedures.

The owners also approved closing an overtime loophole that could have been embarrassing had it ever occurred.

Now Adam Ottavino Colorado Rockies Jersey , if the team that gets the ball first scores a field goal, then the opponent loses possession by an interception or fumble on its first series, the down will be permitted to run to its conclusion, including awarding points scored by either team during the down.

Previously, the turnover ended the game regardless – even though the team getting the takeaway conceivably could itself turn over the ball on that play and see it returned for a score by the opponent.

Got it?

Eric Wood can finally announce he's retiring after the Buffalo Bills released the veteran center in a move considered a formality after he was diagnosed with a career-ending neck injury in January.

The NFL transactions list on Thursday listed the Bills reaching an injury settlement and releasing Wood under the designation: "Termination of vested veteran."

The decision by the Bills ends a lengthy waiting period for the team and Wood.

By waiting until Thursday, the Bills limited the effect the player's remaining bonus money will have on their salary cap. The more than $10 million in bonus money owed to Wood will now only count against the team's salary cap this year rather than be spread over the two years left on the contract.

Wood declined to comment on being released by the Bills in a text to The AP. Wood did say he's planning to attend Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly's annual charitable auction and golf tournament in Buffalo this weekend.

Though Wood said he'll never play again, the nine-year veteran balked at the last minute to announce his retirement during a news conference in January.

Wood read from a prepared statement and spoke for less than two minutes in revealing end of season tests discovered two discs being dangerously close to his spinal cord.

"Thanks to everyone who supported me throughout my career. And because of that, I am here today," Wood said. "I'm sure there are a lot of unanswered questions. I hope to address those at a later date. Thanks, and go Bills."

According to the NFL's collective bargaining agreement Cheap Ronald Jones II Jersey , teams could have asked for a portion of bonus money to be returned if a player retired before his contract expired. There was, however, a gray area if a player retired as a result of a career-ending injury.

Wood is from Cincinnati and spent four seasons playing at Louisville before being selected by the Bills with their second of two first-round picks in the 2009 draft. Wood earned a starting job entering his rookie season and appeared in 121 games, including one in the playoffs.

He was a respected team leader, popular in the community for his charitable work, and was the team's Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee in 2015 and '16.

Aside from Wood, Buffalo's offensive line must also replace starting left guard Richie Incognito, who abruptly retired in April and was then released by the Bills earlier this month.

#32 2018-08-16 12:37:30

liny195
Пользователь

>WASHINGTON 鈥?Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman’s footwork is about to get the ultimate test.Norman Cheap Johnny Townsend Jersey , the loquacious former first-team All-Pro, has been announced as one of the 10 contestants on Dancing With The Stars: Athletes.ICE鉂勶笍COLD pic./nASr3DoX9N— *Joshua R. Norman (J_No24) April 13, 2018Norman signed a five-year, $75 million contract with the Redskins in April 2016 Cheap Customized Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys , just two days after being released by the Carolina Panthers. In his two seasons in Washington, Norman has tallied 131 tackles, 26 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and three interceptions.Norman’s dance partner is Sharna Burgess Authentic Jordan Howard Jersey , a two-time runner up on the show. Burgess has twice before been partnered with NFL players: Keyshawn Johnson and Antonio Brown.Another contestant has an indirect tie to the Redskins.Arike Ogunbowale, who led Notre Dame women’s basketball to the NCAA championship with two buzzer-beating shots in the Final Four, is the younger sister of former ‘Skins practice squad running back Dare Ogunbowale.Disgraced figure skater Tonya Harding and NBA Hall-of-Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are among the headliners for the show’s 26th season.Dancing with the Stars: Athletes will premiere Monday, April 30 at 8 p.m. Like WTOP on Facebook and follow WTOP on to engage in conversation about this article and others.漏 2018 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area. The Latest on the Tennessee Titans needing to replace veteran safety Johnathan Cyprien after losing him for the season with a torn ACL (all times local):

7 p.m.

A person with direct knowledge of the visit says veteran Eric Reid will be among the safeties working out for the Tennessee Titans in their search for a potential replacement with Johnathan Cyprien out for the season with a torn ACL.

Reid will work out for the Titans on Friday Cheap Vinny Curry Jersey , a person familiar with Reid’s visit told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the team does not announce which players it is working out.

Titans coach Mike Vrabel said earlier Thursday that the Titans have looked at Reid and were in the process of trying to bring the safety in for a visit.

Reid is one of the players who kneeled during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality. He has been out of work since playing out his contract with San Francisco. Reid, 26, started 69 of 70 games with 10 career interceptions.

AP Pro Football Writer Rob Maaddi contributed to this report.

Tennessee safety Johnathan Cyprien will miss the season with a torn left ACL, and coach Mike Vrabel says veteran Eric Reid is among the safeties the Titans want to look at as a potential replacement.

Cyprien left practice Wednesday after grabbing at his left knee. He walked to the locker room with trainers. Vrabel announced after practice Thursday that Cyprien tore his ACL.

The Titans have Kendrick Lewis and Demontre Hurst among the other options at safety on the roster.

Vrabel says the Titans are in the process of trying to bring in Reid along with other safeties for a workout.

Cyprien signed a four-year deal last season. He started 10 games after dealing with an injured hamstring last year.

#33 2018-08-16 12:53:18

liny195
Пользователь

Gregg Popovich and Erik Spoelstra have copious amounts of championship jewelry in their possessions Tony Romo Jersey , and their teams committing to the level of defense necessary to win in the postseason is a major reason why that’s the case.

Vastly improved defense will be what both coaches demand – or at least hope for – on Monday.

Popovich’s San Antonio Spurs just didn’t have enough answers for Golden State in Game 1 of their Western Conference series, and Spoelstra’s Miami Heat offered Philadelphia absolutely no resistance in a second-half meltdown that opened their Eastern Conference series. The Warriors and 76ers are both looking to take 2-0 leads when those matchups resume on their respective home floors.

”We understand that we are not favorites,” San Antonio’s Manu Ginobili said. ”We are underdogs. We talked about it, and to get a win here, we’ve got to overachieve. We’ve got to do better than we think we can do, even. So we’ll fight as hard as we can in Game 2.”

That will have to be a mantra for both the Spurs and the Heat.

The Spurs allowed Golden State to shoot 54 percent in what became a 113-92 playoff-opening win for the defending NBA champions. Game 1 in Philadelphia was even more one-sided, as the 76ers closed the game on a 74-40 run in what ended up as a 130-103 rout – the most points that any Heat team has allowed in any postseason game.

”We have to learn from it,” Miami guard Dwyane Wade said. ”It’s a seven-game series. They beat our butt in the first one. But at the end of the day, they’re up 1-0 no matter which way they did it. We definitely have to make adjustments. We can’t go into the game saying, `Oh, they’re not going to make those shots again.”’

A look at Monday night’s matchups:

HEAT AT 76ERS, Philadelphia leads 1-0. Game 2, 8 p.m., TNT.

Need to know: Philadelphia has now won 17 consecutive games, as well as 24 of its last 25 at home (not counting a ”home” loss in London to Boston) http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/ … ngo-jersey , and is coming off its fourth outing of 130 points or more this season. ”If that’s the way it’s going to be, then we’ve got to conquer it,” Spoelstra said. ”We’ve got to find a way.”

Keep an eye on: Miami will have to change how it attacks screens and gets out on Philadelphia’s shooters, but that’s obviously easier said than done. Philadelphia will be brimming with confidence, and rightly so. 76ers coach Brett Brown knows the Heat will make adjustments, and it’ll be incumbent on him to react on the fly in Game 2.

Injury update: 76ers star center Joel Embiid was released from the NBA’s concussion protocol Sunday, but he will not play in Game 2. He’s recovering from surgery to repair an orbital fracture. For Miami, point guard Goran Dragic played Saturday through a sore right knee that has dogged him for a couple weeks.

Pressure is on: It was just one game, but Miami knows it can’t have a combined 13-for-40 shooting effort from its starting lineup again, or see Hassan Whiteside – the $23 million center – be a complete nonfactor while playing only 12 minutes.

SPURS AT WARRIORS, Golden State leads 1-0. Game 2, 10:30 p.m., TNT.

Need to know: When Golden State senses a chance to grab command, it usually pounces – as evidenced by how the Warriors are 8-0 in their last eight Game 2s. The Spurs have never dropped six consecutive postseason games under Popovich, though that streak will likely be seriously tested unless San Antonio comes up with some very different ideas very quickly.

Keep an eye on: San Antonio likely needs to get LaMarcus Aldridge going very early Frank Ragnow Lions Jersey , to see if he can get in the rhythm that avoided him in Game 1. For Golden State, Klay Thompson bided his time in Game 1 and wound up shooting 11 for 13 – playing a brilliant game, getting teammates open with hard cuts in the early going before the ball found him.

Injury update: Warriors star Stephen Curry and Spurs star Kawhi Leonard both remain out, but there’s no new major issues for either team.

Pressure is on: Oddly, it’s probably more on the Warriors than the Spurs. Golden State lost 10 of its final 17 regular-season games, and doesn’t want to see this series open with a split that will see the return of ”what’s wrong with the Warriors?” questions.

NEW YORK — In the last few days, manager Aaron Boone has moved some things around with the lineup for the New York Yankees.

He moved Didi Gregorius up to third following a two-homer game Tuesday and slotted Greg Bird seventh.

One change not made by Boone was moving Gleyber Torres from the ninth spot, and it is likely the rookie second baseman will stay there again Thursday night in the opener of a four-game series with the Tampa Bay Rays.

In 44 games since making his major league debut April 22, Torres has batted ninth 35 times while getting four starts as an eighth-place hitter, two in the fifth spot and one apiece as a sixth and seventh-place hitter.

Although the Yankees dropped a 5-4 decision to the Washington Nationals on Wednesday and lost for the third time in 13 games, Torres hit his 12th homer. Each of his homers is out of the ninth spot, surpassing the team record set by Alfonso Soriano in 2001.

“I think his value in that nine hole is significant,” Boone said before Torres’ latest homer. “And I think it’s played out that way where he’s come up in a lot of big situations in that spot. And as we turn over our lineup ahead of Gardy (Brett Gardner) and (Aaron) Judge; in essence, in a lot of cases it does become like a second leadoff hitter down there.”

For a second leadoff hitter, Torres is batting .296 with 30 RBIs http://www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com/ … hee-jersey , though he is 9-for-39 over his last 11 games.

Torres’ latest homer occurred on a night when Bird hit his third homer of the season and had two hits after entering Wednesday with five hits in his previous 36 at-bats.

“Not a lot different frankly,” Boone said. “I’m kind of seeing the at-bats I saw tonight, just not a ton of results.”

One player who will return to the lineup is catcher Gary Sanchez, who was given the last two nights off. Sanchez is hitless in his last 15 at-bats, 4-for-53 since May 21 and batting .190 overall.

Whatever the lineup card looks like, the Yankees will attempt to avoid consecutive losses for the first time since May 22-23 in Texas.

The Rays are 4-1 in their last five games since dropping eight straight. Tampa Bay also improved to 28-22 in its last 50 contests after getting off to a 4-13 start.

On Wednesday, the Rays pulled out a 1-0 win over the Toronto Blue Jays when Matt Duffy hit an RBI single with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. After Duffy’s hit, Tampa Bay will play the next 16 games against the Yankees, Houston Astros and Nationals.

“We are starting to roll a little bit, feeling good, and we are going to keep that going,” Rays rookie first baseman Jake Bauers told reporters.

Tampa Bay’s tough stretch will start with Blake Snell on the mound. Snell is 8-3 with a 2.30 ERA and has matched a career high by winning his last four decisions. It is the third time in his brief career Snell has done so.

Since allowing five runs over 3 1/3 innings in a 17-1 loss at Baltimore on May 13, Snell is 4-0 with a 0.89 ERA in five starts while totaling 36 strikeouts in his last 30 1/3 innings.

Snell last pitched Saturday in a 7-3 victory against the Seattle Mariners. Matched up against Felix Hernandez, he allowed two runs (one earned) on seven hits in six innings. He allowed a homer to Nelson Cruz, snapping a scoreless streak of 23 1/3 innings Cheap Anthony Miller Jersey , and did so on a day when the left-hander felt his stuff was not as crisp.

“Off what I had today, I’d say it was good,” Snell said. “Frustration with most (of my pitches). It’s a tough lineup. When you don’t have anything going and get through six, you’ve got to be happy with it.”

Snell, along with aces Max Scherzer and Justin Verlander, has allowed two runs or fewer in 12 starts, good for the most in the majors. He also has allowed one earned run or less nine times.

Snell is 2-3 with a 4.58 ERA in nine starts against the Yankees and 0-3 with a 6.55 in Yankee Stadium. He last faced the Yankees April 4 in New York when he allowed five earned runs, including third-inning homers to Giancarlo Stanton and Gary Sanchez in 3 1/3 innings.

Domingo German will make another attempt at his first career win Thursday. He is 0-4 with a 5.32 ERA this season and 0-3 with a 6.00 ERA in six starts since entering the rotation last month in place of the injured Jordan Montgomery.

German last pitched in Saturday’s 4-3 victory at the New York Mets when he allowed three runs on five hits in six innings. German allowed three hits, including homers to Todd Frazier and Asdrubal Cabrera, in the first inning and only two hits the rest of the way.

Thursday marks German’s 19th career appearance and first against Tampa Bay.

#34 2018-08-16 13:09:19

liny195
Пользователь

Jalen Ramsey spent the past few months working out at his father's training facility in Nashville.

It was a new routine that caused him to miss Jacksonville's offseason conditioning program.

The All-Pro cornerback has no regrets Derwin James Youth Jersey , though, about the time away from coaches and teammates.

"How do I put this the nicest way possible?" Ramsey said Tuesday after the first of a mandatory, three-day minicamp.

"I don't think any of my teammates had an issue because they know I was going to come back ready. But at the same time, if they did, I don't think I would care 'cause once I get out here I know what I was doing was the right thing for me."

Ramsey worked out in Jacksonville before his first two NFL seasons and fell behind both times because of injuries.

"It was an offseason of getting back to the basics for me, kind of doing what got me to the position I'm in right now," he said. "It was also an offseason for me that I kind of labeled as 'no-setback season,' just 'cause in the previous two years I haven't even made it this far."

He had surgery in May 2016 for a torn meniscus in his right knee. He had surgery last June for a sports hernia.

Ramsey still managed to become the best player on a stout defense.

The fifth overall pick in the 2016 draft emerged as one of the top defensive backs in the league last year, locking down No. 1 receivers on a weekly basis. He was voted to the Pro Bowl in his second season and made the more exclusive All-Pro team.

"I thought I was good in the past two years, and stay tuned," he said.

Ramsey already has matchups circled months before the season, beginning with Odell Beckham Jr. of the New York Giants in the opener and continuing a few weeks later against Kansas City's Tyreke Hill. The list also includes familiar faces such as former teammate Allen Hurns Authentic Customized 49ers Jerseys , Houston's DeAndre Hopkins, Philadelphia's Alshon Jeffery, Indianapolis' T.Y. Hilton and Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown.

"It's what I love, but I can't just love it," Ramsey said. "I've got to prepare for it, too, so that's what I've been doing this whole offseason. That's what I'll continue to do."

The Jaguars welcomed Ramsey back for minicamp, but coach Doug Marrone planned to work him in slowly.

"Jalen has worked extremely hard with training with his dad. He's anxious to go out there and say, 'I'm ready to go. Let's go,'" Marrone said. "I'm more like, 'OK, listen Customized New England Patriots Jerseys , we're going to get you in there for a couple and take you out. We just want to see where you are.

"The worst thing you can do as a coach is put someone out there that maybe is not ready. Not to say that Jalen is not ready, but we want to make sure that we are doing the right thing for all of the players."

Ramsey had 107 tackles, 31 pass breakups and six interceptions in his first two seasons. He's earned the respect of opponents as well as teammates, which made his decision to skip Jacksonville's offseason program an easier one.

"I know what I was doing is going to get me prepared as best as anything for the season," he said. "Once I put that out on the field, there won't be any issues. I have a good relationship with all my teammates anyways, so if they did they would hit me up. I did it respectful. ... I hit up people. I was like, 'Hey, yo, look, this is my plan for the offseason.'

"And it's not that I felt like I owed anybody an explanation. It's just that's how we vibe. That's the locker room. ... I was like, 'Yo Cheap Breeland Speaks Jersey , I know y'all fixin' to start it up. I'm not coming. I'm doing my thing. No worries.' They said it right back: 'You good, bro.'"

As far as Javier Baez is concerned, no deficit is too big for the Chicago Cubs to overcome.

Baez and his teammates showed why he feels that way on Saturday.

Baez homered and had four hits – including a game-tying infield single in the eighth – and the Cubs rallied from a five-run deficit for an 8-7 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.

Anthony Rizzo’s RBI groundout capped a four-run eighth inning for Chicago, which has come from behind in each of its last eight wins.

”That’s what we do,” Baez said. ”We fight to the end. We’ve been coming back since 2016.”

Eugenio Suarez homered and Billy Hamilton added three hits and three stolen bases for Cincinnati, which had its five-game winning streak against the Cubs snapped.

Randy Rosario (4-0) allowed two hits in 2 1/3 innings to get the win. Brandon Morrow worked the ninth for his 20th save.

The Reds took a 7-4 lead into the eighth, but reliever Amir Garrett – who retired three straight batters in the seventh – walked Victor Caratini and Addison Russell to start the inning. Pinch hitter David Bote then singled to load the bases.

Jared Hughes (2-3) replaced Garrett and Ben Zobrist greeted him with a two-run double to left-center to trim the deficit to 7-6. Baez followed with a comebacker, but Hughes bobbled the ball and then fell down as he picked it up. Baez was credited with an RBI infield hit as Bote scored for a tie at 7.

”It was right there; it hit my glove,” Hughes said. ”I think it was a hit, but still, I should have made the play.”

Rizzo then drove in Zobrist with a groundout to second base to put Chicago on top.

”Amir gave us a clean seventh inning, and the wheels fell off in the eighth Authentic Paul Worrilow Jersey ,” Cincinnati manager Jim Riggleman said.

The five-run deficit was the largest the Cubs have overcome during the eight comeback wins.

”It’s fantastic,” Bote said of Chicago’s string of comebacks. ”The quality at-bats the last two weeks have been incredible.”

Suarez’s three-run blast in the third gave the Reds a 5-0 lead.

Chicago moved closer with a pair of runs in the fourth. Caratini drove in the first with a double and then scored on an RBI groundout by Russell.

Cincinnati reclaimed the five-run advantage with single runs in the fifth and sixth innings on RBI singles by Jesse Winker and Joey Votto.

The Cubs made it 7-3 in the bottom of the sixth as Rosario drove in a run with a single for his first major league hit and RBI.

Baez’s 17th homer leading off the seventh trimmed the deficit to three runs.

HARVEY SOLID

Reds starter Matt Harvey was in line to win his fourth straight start before the eighth-inning meltdown. The right-hander allowed three runs (two earned) in 5 2/3 innings. He has a 1.88 ERA over his last four starts. ”It’s a good sign that I can go out, not feel great, be out of whack and still get somewhat deep in the game and limit the damage,” Harvey said.

SUN FIELD

Harvey might have completed the sixth without giving up a third run had right fielder Scott Schebler not lost a pop fly by Russell in the sun with one out. It dropped in for a double. Rosario followed with a single to drive in Russell.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Cubs: OF Jason Heyward left the game after taking a foul ball to the groin in the third inning. 3B Kris Bryant (left shoulder inflammation) took batting practice, fielded grounders and ran the bases before the game. Manager Joe Maddon said Bryant will go on a rehab assignment before being activated, although the details haven’t been worked out yet.

UP NEXT

LHP Jon Lester (11-2, 2.25 ERA) looks to become the NL’s first 12-game winner on Sunday in the finale of the three-game series. Lester has won seven straight starts. RHP Luis Castillo (5-8, 5.53) pitches for the Reds.

#35 2018-08-23 11:07:32

liny195
Пользователь

A New Jersey memorabilia dealer who claims New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning conspired with the team’s equipment staff to sell bogus ”game-used” helmets to unsuspecting collectors as part of a long-running scam could get a chance to make his case in court next month.

A jury in New Jersey is scheduled to be selected May 14.

Attorneys for the two-time Super Bowl champion have attacked the allegations in Eric Inselberg’s lawsuit as ”inflammatory and baseless Eagles Richard Rodgers Jersey ,” and have accused Inselberg’s attorneys of using underhanded tactics to whip up a media frenzy against their client.

The lawsuit has encompassed four years, two courts and thousands of pages of documents, and has featured more than a little acrimony between the two sides as one of the NFL’s oldest and most-revered franchises has had to defend allegations that conjure up the seamy side of the sports memorabilia business.

Attorneys representing Inselberg, Manning, the team and an equipment manager named in the suit didn’t respond to requests for comment last week.

Inselberg filed the suit in 2014 and accused Manning and the team of doctoring jerseys, helmets and other equipment to make it look as though they had been used during play. He was among a group of memorabilia dealers accused of selling counterfeit jerseys following an FBI sting.

Though the case against Inselberg eventually was dropped Eagles Cheap Jerseys , he said in court papers that he wanted the Giants to be held accountable for the lies that led to his indictment and ruined his business.

The dispute boiled over in April 2017 when Inselberg’s attorneys filed court documents that contained emails between Manning and equipment manager Joseph Skiba, including one in which Manning asks Skiba to get ”2 helmets that can pass as game used.”

In the furor after the emails became public, Manning, who is known for his even-tempered demeanor, angrily denounced the allegations, saying Youth DaeSean Hamilton Jersey , ”I have done nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide, and I know when this is done everyone will see it the same way.”

Manning didn’t return a message left with a spokesperson last week.

In a request to the judge to impose sanctions on Inselberg’s attorneys, Manning’s attorneys wrote that the emails were provided during the normal exchange of information that occurs in all civil cases and were labeled confidential.

They also argued the emails showed Manning carrying out the terms of his personal services contract with Steiner Sports, under which he provided them with two game-used helmets and two game-used jerseys after each season.

The email in question ”was intended by Mr. Manning to be a request for his game-used helmets that were in the possession of the Giants’ equipment staff, consistent with Mr. Manning’s intentions and practices for other years as corroborated by the other email exchanges,” they wrote.

Jarvis Landry is about to make a major grab.

The star wide receiver is close to finalizing a multiyear contract extension with the Cleveland Browns Deadrin Senat Color Rush Jersey , who believe the three-time Pro Bowler can hasten their turnaround. The team and Landry's representatives are closing in on a deal, a person with direct knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The sides remain in talks but expect to complete the contract soon, according to the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal has not been finalized. ESPN first reported Landry's extension.

Landry led the NFL with 112 receptions last season and his new contract is expected to make him one of the league's highest paid pass catchers.

The Browns, who are coming off a 0-16 season, acquired Landry from Miami in a trade last month. Cleveland sent a fourth-round pick in 2018 and seventh-rounder in 2019 to the Dolphins, who had signed Landry to a $16 million Authentic Nick Chubb Jersey , one-year franchise tag to make the exchange possible.

The acquisition of Landry was one of several major offseason moves made by the Browns, who have the No. 1 and No. 4 overall picks in the draft later this month and are expected to select a quarterback.

The Dolphins drafted Landry in the second round in 2014 out of LSU. He's blossomed into one of the game's top playmakers; his 400 catches are the most for any player in his first four seasons. Landry has racked up 4,038 yards and 22 touchdowns.

When Landry arrived in Cleveland, new Browns general manager John Dorsey said the 25-year-old fit all the criteria the team wanted.

"He has marvelous stats," Dorsey said. "He's a Pro Bowler. He has a presence about him and the way he plays the game. I think he will be ideal in the slot receiver position. He loves to play the football game. He is one of those guys that we consistently talk about. Are they competitive? Do they love the game of football? I think he fits that model."

#36 2018-08-23 11:23:34

liny195
Пользователь

Sidney Crosby tormented the Flyers just as he has from the start of his NHL career. Kris Letang and Evgeni Malkin were clutch when needed in pivotal games. And Matt Murray? Oh http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/au … mer-jersey , just two shutouts and the type of outings that show more zeros on the board are possible in the second round – and maybe, beyond.

But with the game on the line and facing a Game 7 on home ice where they already lost twice, the Pittsburgh Penguins turned to a blossoming postseason star to lead the way.

Jake Guentzel was just the player to bail out the Pens.

He scored the tying and go-ahead goals in Game 6, then scored two more – all four in succession – to put the game away and lift the Penguins to an 8-5 Game 6 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday.

The Flyers are headed home, as usual, with a Stanley Cup drought that dates to 1975.

The Penguins are nestled in a familiar spot, in the second round for the 11th time in the last 12 seasons.

But a bigger prize looms for the Penguins – a third straight Stanley Cup. The Penguins have won nine straight playoff series, which ties a franchise record and are the most in the NHL since the Detroit Red Wings also won nine from 1997 to 1999.

The New York Islanders are the last team to win 10 straight Raiders Ryan Switzer Jersey , in fact, they won 19 consecutive postseason series (1980 to 1984) that included four Stanley Cup championships.

Now comes the hard part.

Pittsburgh has reached the same round as the last three teams going for a threepeat (1989 Oilers, 1993 Penguins, 1999 Red Wings) – and all three lost in the second round.

The Penguins say, bring it on.

”Things are never going to always go your way, especially in the playoffs,” Murray said. ”We got the job done. This time of year, it doesn’t matter how Falcons Deadrin Senat Jersey , it just matters that you get the win.”

Crosby had a hat trick in Game 1 and matched a postseason-high with four points in a Game 3 win in the Philadelphia arena where fans stuck his photo on the inside of urinals.

He shook it off – as if he was ever bothered by the activity – and scored six goals and had 13 points in the series.

”Sid loves to compete. When he goes to hostile environments, he’s at his best,” coach Mike Sullivan said. ”He’s a high-stakes player. He has `it’. `It’ is what helps you perform in those big moments. It’s hard to explain `it’. You know `it’ when you see it. Sid is one of those guys.”

Crosby has been the dominant and reliable Penguin over the course of a career that includes three Stanley Cups. But this season brought new challenges to the franchise.

The Penguins have crafted a new identity after the departures of Chris Kunitz, Marc-Andre Fleury, Nick Bonino, Trevor Daley and Matt Cullen, all vital pieces of Pittsburgh’s 2016 and 2017 titles.

”I think we have a bunch of capable guys that can play for us here. It’s kind of the next man up and the guys did a great job,” Guentzel said.

Sure Josh Rosen Jersey , four goals is a bit ridiculous, but Guentzel will need to be a key contributor again especially if Malkin isn’t ready to go.

Malkin, who scored three goals in five games, sat out Game 6 with a leg injury. He missed the final four minutes of the first period in Game 5 after Philadelphia’s Jori Lehtera fell on it when the two got tangled in the corner. Malkin returned to start the second period. But he was hurt to the point where he sat out Game 6, and all it takes is one nagging injury to slow down the road toward completing the Stanley Cup trilogy.

If he plays or not, there are still enough playoff-tested Penguins to keep them rolling.

”We’ve been through a number of these elimination games over the last couple of years so it’s not a surprise to any of us,” Sullivan said. ”My hope moving forward is we can learn from those experiences and hopefully we have better success.”

The Washington Redskins could decide it's time to help their running game on Day 2 of the NFL draft.

After addressing a need to stop opponents on the ground by picking Alabama defensive tackle Da'Ron Payne 13th overall, the Redskins might want to improve their own rushing offense Billy Price Color Rush Jersey , perhaps with a running back or a left guard.

They head into Friday with one second-round choice, 44th overall, and nothing in the third, because that pick was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs as part of the package that brought quarterback Alex Smith to Washington.

Only four teams ran for fewer yards than the Redskins did last season.

Rookie Samaje Perine gained 603 yards on 175 carries, a 3.4 average, and was the only running back on the roster who rushed for more than 300.

#37 2018-08-23 11:36:36

liny195
Пользователь

The NFL has suspended Green Bay Packers running back Aaron Jones for the first two games of the 2018 season without pay for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Jones will miss the season opener against the Chicago Bears on Sept. 9 and the Week 2 matchup against the Minnesota Vikings Baker Mayfield Jersey Browns , with both games at Lambeau Field.

He will be eligible to return to the roster on Sept. 17, the day after the Vikings game.

The discipline stems from a traffic stop in Brown County, Wisconsin, on Oct. 1, 2017 Youth Kalen Ballage Jersey , in which Jones was charged with operating a vehicle with a controlled substance in his system; speeding; and operating a vehicle without a valid license. The case came to light after he entered a plea of not guilty on Nov. 15.

The case was resolved in February with Jones pleading no contest to the first charge. He was ordered to pay more than $1,000 in court costs, and his license was revoked for six months. The other two counts were dismissed.

The Packers cited confidentiality in declining comment. A representative for Jones referred to the player's apology in November.

"I owe an apology to my family, teammates, coaches Adidas Dustin Brown Jersey , the fans and the Packers organization," Jones told reporters on Nov. 21. "I made a mistake, and I take full responsibility for it. And it won't happen again."

Jones can take part in all preseason practices and games. Players must report to Packers training camp on July 25.

Jones was second on the team in rushing last season with 448 yards and four touchdowns on 81 carries. Fellow rookie Jamaal Williams had a team-high 556 yards and four scores on 153 carries, giving coach Mike McCarthy a young but promising one-two punch in the backfield.

The Packers still have Williams returning at running back along with Ty Montgomery, who was limited to eight games last season because of injuries.

The lawyer representing Ottawa Senators assistant general manager Randy Lee tells The Associated Press he will enter a not guilty plea and file a motion to dismiss harassment charges during his client’s appearance Friday in Buffalo city court.

Attorney Paul Cambria declined further comment in a text sent Thursday to the AP.

A spokesman for the Erie County district attorney’s office said prosecutors would oppose the motion to have the charges dismissed.

The prosecution is scheduled to file a second charge of harassment against Lee Mike Remmers Jersey Vikings , who has been suspended by the Senators. Lee is accused of making lewd comments and rubbing the shoulders of a 19-year-old male shuttle driver in May, when Buffalo was hosting the NHL rookie combine.

The additional charge falls under a separate subsection of the legal code outlining the violation of harassment. It defines harassment as someone who ”repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy” another person and ”serve no legitimate purpose.”

That’s different from the initial charge, which defines harassment as someone striking or making physical contact with another person.

Lee was arrested May 31 after prosecutors say he continued placing his hands on the driver’s shoulders even after being told to stop.

The driver’s attorney, Charles Desmond, told the AP this week he is monitoring the court proceeding to determine whether to file a civil suit against Lee.

#38 2018-08-23 11:52:17

liny195
Пользователь

>The Packers likely need to win their last three games to reach the playoffs Sylvester Williams Color Rush Jersey , and they hope the return of Aaron Rodgers will help against the Panthers.Green Bay (7-6) is at Carolina (9-4) in one of the biggest games of the NFL’s Week 15. The Panthers are tied atop the NFC South with the Saints (9-4), who host the Jets.Philadelphia (11-2), with Nick Foles replacing the injured Carson Wentz, has clinched the NFC East and can secure home-field with a win against the Giants and a Minnesota loss.The Vikings (10-3) can lock up the NFC North by beating the Bengals.Jacksonville (9-4) will earn a playoff spot with a win over the Texans, while the Bills (7-6) host Miami. The Minnesota Vikings have re-signed cornerback Terence Newman Jaguars Elite Jerseys , bringing the NFL's oldest active defensive player back for a 16th season that will begin five days after he turns 40.

Newman, who has played the last three years with the Vikings, has 42 career interceptions to lead all active players in the league. With Xavier Rhodes and Trae Waynes the starters on the outside, Newman and Mackensie Alexander remain the primary options to play the slot in the nickel defense. The Vikings also drafted Mike Hughes out of Central Florida in the first round Thursday.

The Vikings exercised the fifth-year contract option on Waynes , too Robert Golden Jersey Chiefs , on a busy Monday.

The NFL announced that practice squad wide receiver Cayleb Jones has been suspended for the first four games of the regular season for violating the performance-enhancing substances policy, the second Vikings player to do so this month. Backup linebacker Kentrell Brothers also got a four-game ban.

Finally, the Vikings signed 17 college free agents, including South Dakota State wide receiver Jake Wieneke, a Minnesota native.

Wieneke Denzel Ward Jersey Elite , who played at Maple Grove High School, is the sixth Minnesotan on the roster, joining wide receivers Adam Thielen and Brandon Zylstra, guard Tom Compton, punt returner Marcus Sherels and fullback C.J. Ham.

#39 2018-08-23 12:05:09

liny195
Пользователь

The Houston Texans have signed punter Shane Lechler to a contract extension.

An 18-year veteran Youth Robert Golden Jersey , Lechler comes off one of his finest seasons. He led the NFL in punting yards (4,507), finished second in both net punting yards (3,799) and punting average (49.0), and tied for third in total punts (92). He put 32 punts inside the 20-yard line.

Displaying his still-powerful leg, Lechler tied for second in the NFL with six games with a punting average of 50 or more yards.

Lechler, who will be 42 in August, spent the first 13 years of his career with the Oakland Raiders. He is a six-time All-Pro selection (2000, 2003, 2004, 2008-2010), and seven-time Pro Bowl selection (2001 Clayton Kershaw Jersey , 2004, 2007-2011). In 286 career games, Lechler ranks first in NFL in punting average (47.6), second in punting yards (68,678), second in punts inside the 20 (469), second in net punting yards (56,685), and second in punts (1,444).

For the Oklahoma City Thunder, clinching night was reminiscent of their season.

Really bad start.

Really good finish.

Paul George scored 27 points, Russell Westbrook got his 25th triple-double of the season and the Thunder ran wild in the fourth quarter on the way to wrapping up a Western Conference playoff berth with a 115-93 win over the Miami Heat on Monday night.

”Half the league gets a chance to play in the postseason Adidas Mika Zibanejad Jersey ,” Thunder coach Billy Donovan said. ”You don’t want to take things for granted. They should feel good about creating an opportunity to play after the regular season’s over, but the thing I said to them after the game was we want to continue to play well, we want to continue to build, we want to continue to get better.”

That’s what Oklahoma City did all season. They started 8-12, are 39-22 since and got road wins over Houston and Miami in a three-day span to clinch the berth.

”We’re headed in the right direction,” said George, who walked off a winner in Miami for the third time in 21 appearances. ”This is what we wanted. We wanted to come out of this road trip 2-0 and we did that.”

Westbrook finished with 23 points, 18 rebounds and 13 assists for the Thunder, who missed their first 10 shots and were down by 18 in the opening minutes before outscoring the Heat 39-12 in the fourth.

It was the third-worst scoring margin for any quarter in Heat history, and the worst ever in a game at Miami.

The Heat were called for 10 fouls in the fourth against three for the Thunder, and Oklahoma City shot 15 free throws in the final quarter – one more than Miami shot in the entire game.

”We had a lot of good things going, and then I think it was a combination of them marching to the free-throw line and us not executing on the other end Adidas Erik Karlsson Jersey ,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said.

Jerami Grant scored 17 points and Carmelo Anthony added 11 for Oklahoma City, which made 14 3-pointers. Anthony will be playing in postseason games for the first time since 2013, after four consecutive futile seasons with the Knicks.

”Feels good to be back in the postseason and the mindset of not looking forward to another vacation,” Anthony said.

Josh Richardson scored 18 points and Hassan Whiteside added 16 for the Heat, who fell one spot to No. 7 in the East for now. Miami’s playoff seed won’t be decided until the season finales Wednesday.

Justise Winslow and Tyler Johnson each scored 12 for Miami, and James Johnson added 11.

”We haven’t done things the easy way,” Heat guard Wayne Ellington said. ”I guess we like the challenge.”

TIP-INS

Thunder: Westbrook needs 16 rebounds in the Thunder finale Wednesday to average a triple-double for the second straight season. He’s also the second player with 2,000 points and 800 assists in back-to-back years. The other is Oscar Robertson, who did it five times. … Alex Abrines was held out of the second half with concussion symptoms.

Heat: Miami outscored Oklahoma City 58-32 in the paint. … The Heat shot 5 for 22 from 3-point range. … James Johnson got poked in the eye and Richardson banged a knee late, but both suggested after the game that they’ll be fine.

QUOTABLE

”We know we can beat anybody when we’re playing our best,” Westbrook said postgame.

WADE HONORED

Heat guard Dwyane Wade was presented with the NBA Cares Community Assist Award for March, recognizing his response to the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey Dolphins , Florida. Wade and his wife Gabrielle Union donated $200,000 toward getting students to the ”March for Our Lives” event in Washington last month. ”I came back to this city at a time when I was needed, when my voice was needed,” Wade said.

TITLE WINNERS

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski sat midcourt with Heat CEO Nick Arison, his former manager with the Blue Devils. Coach K was one of three accomplished college coaches at the game; Rick Pitino was also there, near Donovan – who played guard on Providence’s 1987 Final Four team (coached by Pitino), and a two-time NCAA title winner at Florida before going to Oklahoma City.

UP NEXT

Thunder: Host Memphis on Wednesday.

Heat: Host Toronto on Wednesday.

#40 2018-08-23 12:20:40

liny195
Пользователь

Russ Brandon abruptly resigned his dual role as president of the NFL's Buffalo Bills and NHL's Buffalo Sabres after being confronted by the teams' owners regarding an alleged inappropriate relationship with a female employee Dolphins Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey , two people with direct knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because it is an internal matter, and owners Terry and Kim Pegula did not provide a reason for accepting Brandon's resignation in a statement they released Tuesday.

The relationship in question first became apparent to a number of team employees during the Sabres' visit to New York for a game against the Rangers on Jan. 18, the people said. The trip included the team hosting a fan event at a bar the day before the game.

Kim Pegula will take over Brandon's roles overseeing the Bills, Sabres and Pegula Sports Entertainment, the company which controls the owners' numerous holdings.

In a text to The AP, Brandon said he has contemplated stepping down from the job for some time, and felt the timing was right after the conclusion of the NFL draft.

"My goal when the Pegulas purchased the franchise was to reach 20 years with the Bills, in which I achieved this past November," Brandon wrote.

"As grateful as I am for the amazing experience and the incredible people I've had the privilege to work with the past two decades, I am just as anxious for the professional opportunities that lie ahead," he added.

Brandon did not respond to follow-up questions regarding his relationship.

Brandon's departure comes after the Bills made a big splash in the first round of the draft by trading up to select both Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen with the seventh pick James Daniels Jersey , and Virginia Tech linebacker Tremaine Edmunds with the 16th pick. The new additions join a Bills team that went 9-7 and ended a 17-year playoff drought last season.

On Saturday, the last-place Sabres earned a boost by winning the NHL draft lottery and the right to the No. 1 pick for the third time in franchise history.

"We have a tremendous amount of confidence in the strong leadership team we have built within each of these entities over the last several years," the statement from the Pegulas read.

"We are excited about the direction of our teams, especially after this past weekend's NFL draft and NHL lottery results. Our focus remains on building championship teams on and off the field for our fans and community."

Brandon most recently served as the Bills' managing partner, was the Sabres alternate on the NHL's board of governors and a member of the NFL's business ventures committee.

The timing of Brandon's exit comes at a time he was supposed to oversee the Bills' next big venture in determining their future home. Brandon was expected to lead the team's stadium search committee in deciding whether the Bills should continue playing at their current home or develop a new facility in downtown Buffalo.

He served in various roles with the Bills, involving both marketing and football decisions during a two-year stint as general manager from 2008-09.

He also took the lead in negotiating the Bills' most recent lease five years ago, which played a critical role in securing the franchise's long-term future in Buffalo especially following Hall of Fame owner Ralph Wilson's death in March 2014.

The lease included a strict non-relocation clause that included a $400 million penalty the team would be forced to pay if it considered moving before 2020.

Brandon also oversaw the Bills' eventual sale to the Pegulas, who completed their $1.4 billion purchase of the franchise in October 2014.

The Pegulas retained Brandon and elevated him to the role of managing partner. The Pegulas thought so highly of Brandon, the Sabres were added to his responsibilities after the team reached a mutual agreement to part ways with Ted Black in July 2015.

Brandon's resignation continues a large turnover of Bills executives who served under Wilson. Bruce Popko is the senior holdover and now becomes the top executive as chief operating officer of Buffalo-based Pegula Sports and Entertainment, which oversees the Pegulas' numerous holdings.

Brandon grew up in nearby Syracuse, New York Authentic Vladimir Tarasenko Jersey , and began making his mark in Buffalo shortly after being hired by the Bills in 1997 to serve as the team's business development and marketing director.

He began by spearheading a campaign to transform them into a regional team by expanding the franchise's fan base to offset Buffalo's dropping population base.

That process began in 2000, when the team shifted training camp to Brandon's alma mater, St. John Fisher College in suburban Rochester, to capitalize on the community's corporate and larger population base.

Later, the Bills boosted their presence across southern Ontario by negotiating a deal to begin playing annual regular-season games in Toronto starting in 2008. The "Bills In Toronto" series lasted through 2013 before the deal was placed on hold the following year and then terminated by the Pegulas.

Toronto-based media giant, Rogers Communications, paid the Bills $78 million to essentially lease eight games (five regular season and three preseason) during the initial five-year agreement. The price was almost double what the Bills were projected to generate if those games were played at their home facility.

The series also spurred a large bump in season-ticket purchases from across the border. By 2015, the Bills estimated southern Ontario fans accounted for about 18 percent of their season-ticket sales, surpassing their support from Rochester.

Not everything succeeded under Brandon, who drew criticism for a number of decisions, including failing to build a winner during his two-year stint as the Bills GM when Wilson elected to promote from within the organization after Marv Levy stepped down following a two-

21. CINCINNATI BENGALS (7-9)

LAST SEASON: After five straight playoff appearances 鈥?and NFL-record five straight first-round losses 鈥?Bengals have had back-to-back losing seasons Billy Price Jersey Elite , which would mean change at top for most teams. Instead, coach Marvin Lewis 鈥?0-7 in playoffs 鈥?got two-year contract extension through 2019. There were moves with staff, notable for reluctant-to-change organization. Bengals fired offensive coordinator Ken Zampese after 0-2 start and replaced long-time offensive line coach Paul Alexander after season. Bill Lazor was retained as offensive coordinator for 2018 and given latitude to overhaul offense that finished last in league. Line was biggest problem, and Bengals took first step toward addressing it by acquiring LT Cordy Glenn in trade with Buffalo, also swapping 12th and 21st picks in first round. Defensive coordinator Paul Guenther left to join Jon Gruden with Raiders.

THEY NEED: C, OT, LB, DE, S.

THEY DON'T NEED: P, K, LS.

POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: C James Daniels http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/a … ard-jersey , Iowa; T Connor Williams, Texas; T Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame; LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama.

OUTLOOK: Trade for Glenn was merely first step in addressing team's biggest problem. C Russell Bodine signed two-year deal with Buffalo, leaving hole in middle of line. RT Jake Fisher had procedure to fix irregular heartbeat last season but expects to return. Until Bengals get line fixed, there's not much hope for significant improvement. QB Andy Dalton and WR A.J. Green return for eighth season together, coming off what was least-productive one. Bengals expected top two picks last season, WR John Ross and RB Joe Mixon, to bring big-play abilities as rookies, but neither did much. Ross was hurt most of season and played in three games without getting catch; he carried one time and fumbled. Mixon became starter after Jeremy Hill got hurt and finished with 636 yards and 3.5-yard average as running game was one of worst in franchise history.

#41 2018-08-23 12:44:24

liny195
Пользователь

Super Bowl-winning Hall of Fame coach Tony Dungy is the next inductee into the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Ring of Honor.

The Bucs made the announcement Tuesday Ronnie Harrison Jersey Elite , saying Dungy will be honored at a halftime ceremony during the club's nationally televised home game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sept. 24.

Dungy won a Super Bowl as a player with the Steelers in 1978. He coached the Bucs from 1996-2001, compiling 54-42 regular-season record and transforming a struggling franchise into a championship contender.

His .563 winning percentage with Tampa Bay is the best in club history. The Bucs made the playoffs four times, including 1999, when they reached the NFC championship game. He was fired after the 2001 season, and his replacement, Jon Gruden Saints Rick Leonard Jersey , led Tampa Bay to its only Super Bowl title the following year.

Gruden was inducted into the Ring of Honor last season. The Bucs have not made the playoffs since 2007 and haven't won a postseason game since their 2002 Super Bowl run.

Dungy, meanwhile, went on have a highly successful run from 2002 to 2008 as coach of the Indianapolis Colts, winning the Super Bowl capping the 2006 season.

The coach, who still lives in Tampa, was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2016.

Dungy will be the 13th inductee into the Ring of Honor Derrius Guice Jersey , a group that includes Hall of Famers Lee Roy Selmon, Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks, as well as former coach John McKay, Doug Williams, and the late Bucs owner Malcolm Glazer.

Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving was suspended for four games Friday for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, the second straight year the pass rusher is facing a ban to start the season.

The punishment announced by the league will not keep Irving from participating in training camp starting next month in California. The 24-year-old Irving's four-game suspension to start last season was for violating league policy on performance enhancers.

Irving was away from the Cowboys most of the offseason tending to personal issues before showing up for the mandatory three-day minicamp that ended Thursday. He declined to go into details but did mention that he was solely responsible for the care of his 5-year-old daughter.

His former girlfriend http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/auth … erd-jersey , the daughter's mother, accused Irving of domestic abuse before recanting in April. Police in the Dallas suburb of Frisco didn't file charges, but the NFL is investigating.

"I don't have time to be messing around and getting in trouble like I have been," Irving said the day before the suspension was announced. "I have to make a lot of changes. My whole life basically changed this offseason, quickly all at once in a lot of different aspects. I just got to change. And I have been."

After last season's suspension, Irving had seven sacks in eight games before sustaining a concussion that kept him out the remaining four games. He has 11陆 sacks in 35 games over three seasons for Dallas. The first game he is eligible is Oct. 7 at Houston.

The latest suspension comes as defensive end Randy Gregory awaits word on his bid for reinstatement. Gregory was suspended all of last season over multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy. He met with Commissioner Roger Goodell in New York this week.

Between Irving Authentic Josey Jewell Jersey , Gregory, DeMarcus Lawrence and former Dallas defensive end Greg Hardy, the Cowboys are set to start the season with at least one suspended defensive lineman for the fourth straight season.

Irving signed a second-round tender worth $2.9 million as a restricted free agent and is set to be an unrestricted free agent after the season. The Cowboys signed him off Kansas City's practice squad in 2015.

#42 2018-08-23 12:55:56

liny195
Пользователь

Seattle didn’t make the playoffs Adidas Mats Zuccarello Jersey , but its defense essentially did.

The scheme that carried the Seahawks to consecutive Super Bowls (2013-14) has become increasingly popular around the league. It helped Atlanta get to the big game last year and was the catalyst for Jacksonville’s stunning turnaround this season. It also got rave reviews down the stretch in Los Angeles and San Francisco.

In a copycat league, this is the one being emulated right now.

And for good reason. The Seahawks rode the scheme to six straight playoff berths between 2012 and 2016, and as more of Pete Carroll’s defensive assistants moved on to become coordinators and head coaches elsewhere, they brought it with them.

Now, it spans coast to coast.

”It really takes on the flavor of the coaches that are doing it, so they have their uniqueness,” Carroll said. ”But there are a lot of similarities.”

Similar results, too.

The Jaguars ranked second in the NFL in yards and points allowed this season Isaiah Wynn Youth Jersey , relying on their defense to mask offensive deficiencies. The Chargers ranked third in scoring defense, allowing just two opponents to top 21 points in their final 11 games. The Falcons (eighth) and the injury-riddled Seahawks (13th) weren’t far behind. The 49ers finished 25th at 23.9 points a game, but were considerably better over the final five weeks of the regular season. They allowed 19.9 points during a five-game winning streak that included victories against three playoff teams.

Los Angeles Chargers defensive coordinator Gus Bradley, Atlanta defensive coordinator Marquand Manuel, San Francisco defensive coordinator Robert Saleh, Atlanta head coach Dan Quinn and Jacksonville defensive coordinator Todd Wash all spent time in Seattle under Carroll.

Bradley, Manuel, Saleh and Wash were on the same staff in 2012. Former Oakland defensive coordinator Ken Norton also was there and had the Raiders playing the Seattle scheme until he was fired in late November.

”It’s good. It’s nice Hayden Hurst Ravens Jersey ,” Carroll said. ”I love that the guys are getting the opportunities and they are doing stuff.”

Seattle players don’t seem as ready to credit anyone for doing it as well as they did while picking up the ”Legion of Boom” nickname in 2012.

”There is only one Seattle Seahawks,” linebacker Bobby Wagner said.

Maybe so. Seattle allowed the fewest points (14.4) and yards (273.6) in the NFL during the 2013 season and forced a league-high 39 turnovers. The Seahawks emphatically stated their case as a generational defense – right up there with the 1985 Chicago Bears and the 2000 Baltimore Ravens – with a 43-8 drubbing of Denver in the Super Bowl. The Broncos shattered an NFL record with 606 points during the regular season but were overmatched on the NFL’s biggest stage.

That same season, thousands of miles away, Bradley and Wash were building the foundation for Jacksonville’s current defense.

Two years later, Quinn was implementing it in Atlanta with some help from Manuel. Quinn’s offensive coordinator at the time was Kyle Shanahan, who saw the defense every day in practice and knew he wanted it to be part of his rebuild with the 49ers this season. He hired Saleh. And former Jaguars head coach Bradley resurfaced with the Chargers.

”It’s a very sound scheme that starts with stopping the run,” Shanahan said. ”It makes you work all the way down the field, so it’s extremely tough to get explosives on. It’s tough to go against. They make you work for everything Authentic Steven Stamkos Jersey , and it’s something that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel every week. It’s something that if you just do over and over and over again, it’s hard not to get better at it.”

The premise of the Seattle defense is that it uses an eight-man box to stop the run (one safety positioned close to the line of scrimmage) and a single-high safety who can get sideline to sideline in ”cover three” (a three-deep zone in which defensive backs split coverage areas into three sections). Cornerbacks play a lot of aggressive, bump-and-run coverage that works best when the four defensive linemen are pressuring quarterbacks. Linebackers are usually undersized and fast.

It’s a 4-3 base defense that incorporates many elements of the popular 3-4.

”We are all different in our own ways,” Manuel said. ”But … just the understanding of methodically making a team have to go 13, 14 plays to score and play with great red-zone defense and understand that taking the ball away is the most important thing. Plays are going to happen that are big, but if you eliminate the ones that you know are about to happen, offenses have to do something else.

”You call plays that guys understand. You can get exotic (and create) paralysis by analysis; guys are overthinking on the field. That’s part of what you see in this defense. I guarantee you in each one of these (Seattle-influenced) defenses, guys are flying around and playing fast because they’re not thinking.”

Regardless of the schematics and subtleties Patrick Omameh Color Rush Jersey , the common thread is solid – more like star – players.

Seattle has Wagner, cornerback Richard Sherman, free safety Earl Thomas and strong safety Kam Chancellor, among others.

The Chargers boast disruptive pass-rushers Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa, linebacker Denzel Perryman and cornerback Casey Hayward. They tied for fifth in the NFL with 43 sacks.

The Jaguars had the second-most sacks (55) in the league thanks partly to Pro Bowl defensive linemen Calais Campbell and Malik Jackson and budding star Yannick Ngak 鈥?Nick Foles threw the go-ahead 5-yard touchdown pass to Zach Ertz with 2:21 to go and the Philadelphia Eagles won their first Super Bowl by outscoring Tom Brady and the New England Patriots 41-33 on Sunday night.The most prolific playoff game in terms of combined yardage in NFL history was then decided on a defensive play when Brandon Graham stripped Tom Brady and rookie Derek Barnett recovered with 2:09 to play to set up a field goal by Jake Elliott and prevent another late Super Bowl comeback by the Patriots.The Eagles blew a 12-point lead in the high-scoring matchup before rallying behind their backup quarterback who will go down in Philadelphia lore after throwing for 373 yards and three touchdowns and catching another on a fourth-down trick play to give the Eagles their first championship since 1960..

#43 2018-08-23 13:07:50

liny195
Пользователь

Civil rights activists protested outside NFL headquarters Friday http://www.titansauthorizedshops.com/au … dry-jersey , calling on team owners to overturn their new national anthem policy and urging a boycott of the league and its sponsors.

About 50 people gathered at the midtown Manhattan office building for a rally organized by National Action Network, a civil rights nonprofit.

Kirsten John Foy, the group's northeast regional director, was the first of 10 speakers who took turns during the 40-minute demonstration to criticize NFL team owners and President Donald Trump.

"Our demand is that the NFL reverse that immoral and unconstitutional decision," Foy said.

NFL owners voted Wednesday to require players to stand for the national anthem or stay in the locker room. Teams will be fined if players don't stand. Some players have been kneeling during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner" before games the last two seasons to protest police brutality and racial inequality.

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started the protest in 2016. He did not play last season after being unsigned as a free agent. He is suing the NFL and team owners for colluding to keep him out of the league.

National Action Network spokesman Alex Butcher-Nesbitt said the group planned to hold similar demonstrations around the country, including Detroit and Los Angeles.

The Rev. Charles Williams II, president of the Michigan chapter of the National Action Network, said if Detroit Lions owner Martha Ford and the team adhere to the anthem policy, "then they are doing nothing more than ... standing with racism."

In New York Authentic Josh Rosen Jersey , Foy was joined by progressive talk radio host Mark Thompson, who wore a long shirt with a depiction of Kaepernick in his 49ers uniform taking a knee, and city councilman Jumaane Williams, who brought a Kaepernick No. 7 jersey to display after he spoke and wore a shirt with the slogan #IMWITHKAP across the front.

"I'm proud because I'm going to be on the right side of history," Williams said. "I'm going to be standing and kneeling with Colin Kaepernick."

Several speakers said supporters of Kaepernick and the protesting players should stop watching NFL games and no longer patronize companies that sponsor the league.

"You can't inundate us with tens of millions of dollars in commercial ads and then strip the people that generate your money and your profits of their first amendment rights," Foy said. "And if they choose to protest, they've got to stay in the locker room. So the locker room is the new slave shanty."

鈥?Hall of Fame player Marshall Faulk and two other NFL Network analysts were suspended after a woman who worked as a wardrobe stylist at the network accused them of sexual misconduct in a lawsuit.The NFL on Tuesday identified the three as Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans. They have been “suspended from their duties at NFL Network pending an investigation into these allegations,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy said.Jami Cantor described several sexually inappropriate encounters with the three retired players and others who have worked for NFL Network Authentic Marcus Davenport Jersey , according to court documents first reported by Bloomberg .The lawsuit and suspensions are the latest in a wave of sexual misconduct allegations against prominent men in politics, entertainment and media.Former NFL Network executive Eric Weinberger, former NFL Network analysts Donovan McNabb, Eric Davis, and Hall of Famer Warren Sapp, and former NFL Network employee Marc Watts also are named in the lawsuit.Weinberger is president of the Bill Simmons Media Group and was placed on leave, according to a statement given to the New York Times . McNabb and Davis now work as ESPN radio contributors.“We are investigating, and McNabb and Davis will not appear on our networks as that investigation proceeds,” ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said Tuesday.None of the men named immediately responded to messages seeking comment from The Associated Press.Cantor worked at NFL Network for a decade until she was fired in October 2016. In the suit against NFL Enterprises http://www.cowboysauthorizedshops.com/a … ugh-jersey , she alleges age and sex discrimination, sexual harassment that created a hostile work environment, wrongful termination and defamation.Cantor’s lawyer, Laura Horton, filed an amended complaint Monday to the original suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court in October. The amended version includes the names of those accused and details about the sexual misconduct allegations.Horton said she has not heard back from the NFL Network since the original filing in October.“It’s been silent. It just went nowhere,” Horton said Tuesday. “They haven’t reached out to me. I don’t know what their next move will be.”Cantor said in the suit that Faulk fondled and groped her and asked “deeply personal and invasive questions” about her sex life. Cantor said she received inappropriate and sexually explicit texts from Weinberger, McNabb, Taylor and Evans.“It was a severe, pervasive Logan Woodside Jersey Elite , sexually charged work environment,” Horton said. “There was a lot of stuff going on. The texts and the video and the photographs, I’ve got them. It’s not like a he-said, she-said sort of thing. I’ve got documentary evidence.”Faulk starred for the Indianapolis Colts and St. Louis Rams. The running back was the NFL’s MVP in 2000 and won a Super Bowl with the Rams in the 2000 game. He retired in 2005.Taylor spent 12 seasons as a cornerback with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Evans, a fullback, was in the league for 10 seasons, mostly with Seattle, New England and New Orleans..

#44 2018-08-23 13:22:06

liny195
Пользователь

Chris Herndon says his arrest last weekend for driving while intoxicated does not reflect the person he is.

The New York Jets rookie tight end declined comment after practice Tuesday on details of the incident in which New Jersey State Police say Herndon crashed into another car on a New Jersey highway early last Saturday morning.

"I can't really speak much on it now Authentic Michael Dickson Jersey ," the fourth-round draft pick from Miami said. "It's still a pending legal matter, so it's not up to me to have a conversation about it right now."

Herndon was asked if there was anything he wanted Jets fans and others to know.

"This is not who I am," Herndon said while shaking his head. "But like I said, I can't really speak much on that."

Jets rookie tight end Chris Herndon isn't saying much about his arrest because legal issues are still pending. Meanwhile, coach Todd Bowles insists the team's disciplinary process is "fine." More from @DWAZ73 s://t.co/FEVKPNpdmn pic.nSpXnZqfeN

鈥?AP NFL (@AP_NFL) June 5, 2018

According to New Jersey State Police, the 22-year-old Herndon was driving his Nissan Armada westbound in Rockaway Township, about 35 miles west of New York City, when he crashed into a Toyota Land Cruiser that was towing a trailer carrying another vehicle.

When troopers arrived Rams Cheap Jerseys , they arrested Herndon on suspicion of DWI and took him to a nearby state police barracks for an alcohol breath test. The test revealed a blood-alcohol level over New Jersey's limit of .08, according to State Police Sgt. Lawrence Peele, though he didn't say what the level was.

Herndon was released pending a court date in Rockaway Township. He also was given a summons for careless driving. Both Herndon and the driver of the Land Cruiser suffered minor injuries.

"I don't feel too bad (physically) right now," Herndon said. "I'm just dealing with everything and trying to stay focused."

This was the latest in a string of off-field issues for the Jets, who had had seven arrests in the last 13 months. Despite that, coach Todd Bowles isn't concerned that the team might be too lenient with its discipline with players.

"Our disciplinary process is fine," Bowles said. "There's nothing wrong with the disciplinary process. The arrests are going to happen, and you deal with them as they come."

Linebacker Dylan Donahue was arrested in February for DWI after New Jersey police said he crashed into a small bus while driving the wrong way inside the Lincoln Tunnel. Donahue was also arrested for DWI in May 2017 in Montana, and voluntarily checked into a rehabilitation facility in Florida in March.

Linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin was arrested in June 2017 and charged with misdemeanor assault after being accused of punching a man at a Manhattan nightclub. The case was later dropped.

Cornerback Rashard Robinson was accused in December of possessing marijuana-laced candy in Morris County. He was arrested and charged with drug possession and carelessly driving a 2018 Mercedes Benz.

Wide receiver Robby Anderson arrested in May 2017 at a Miami music festival and charged with felony resisting an officer with violence 鈥?but the charge was later dismissed. He also had felony charges against him dropped from an incident in January after he was arrested in Florida for allegedly fleeing from police at 105 mph and then threatening the officer's family.

"It's not a Jet problem or a league problem Derrius Guice Jersey ," Bowles said. "It's a nationwide problem. We deal with them on a daily basis as they come. ... Things happen in your 20s, and you treat them on an individual basis and you move on."

Bowles said the team regularly addresses the players about off-field issues, and reiterated that he and the Jets handle each as they happen.

"I'm not here to sit here and say I approve of it, because I don't," Bowles said. "Is it a problem? Yes. To lay all this on Chris, no, we aren't going to lay all of it on him. He's got to take responsibility. We understand that and we deal with it in house, but I'm not going to sit here and be a spokesperson and say it's OK to drive drunk, because it's not."

Bowles would not rule out having a zero-tolerance policy regarding discipline Josh Rosen Youth Jersey , but nothing was imminent.

"We could have a different policy," Bowles said. "I'm not going to say never. But things change accordingly. There is nothing wrong with our policy right now. If you sign a contract and you're making $10, $20, $30 million, if that doesn't stop you or anything else, what else is going to stop you?"

As for Herndon, Bowles said there was nothing in the team's research on him before the draft in April to indicate the tight end would have any type of off-field issue.

"He had not had a problem," the coach said. "He does not have a glitch in his evaluation or anything. There's nothing to bring up. These things do happen."

Associated Press writer David Porter in Newark contributed.

鈥?The NFL Players Association has created a medical guide for players, a 107-page reference book written by scientific professionals with extensive material on concussion detection Carlton Davis Jersey , treatment and the league’s game-day protocol for head injuries.The union’s inaugural “health playbook” was distributed electronically to NFLPA members this week.Speaking at a head, neck and spine committee meeting during the league’s scouting combine, NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills revealed a 16 percent rise in diagnosed concussions, from 250 in 2016 to 291 in 2017. Sills said the data was a “call to action” to the NFL for greater prevention.The NFLPA health playbook also includes information on joint injuries and wear and tear, high blood pressure and cholesterol, plus performance-related topics such as sleep, nutrition and mental health..

#45 2018-08-23 13:28:23

liny195
Пользователь

The final pass Alex Smith threw this season was an incompletion over the middle on fourth down Danny Santana Jersey , one that would have given the Kansas City Chiefs a chance to kick a winning field goal had he completed it.

It may ultimately be his final pass with the Chiefs, too.

Smith is under contract next season, but the cash-strapped Chiefs are expected to trade or release the veteran quarterback and turn the franchise over to first-round pick Patrick Mahomes II. And if that is the case, Smith’s career in Kansas City will be summed up by that errant throw over the middle.

He was good enough to lead the Chiefs to the playoffs.

He wasn’t good enough to lead them much farther.

”I’ll get into all that in the next couple of weeks,” said Smith, who did say that he wants to remain with Kansas City, but ultimately knows the decision is out of his hands.

”I’m under contract for another year,” he said. ”Like I said, I’m not thinking about anything else. Right now, I’m obviously disappointed. Like I said, I felt like we had a good chance. It’s gone. It’s over.”

As the Chiefs head into the offseason after a 22-21 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Saturday, a game in which they blew a 21-3 halftime lead JK Scott Color Rush Jersey , the biggest question mark becomes their quarterback situation.

Smith certainly made it a tougher decision than most had expected.

He threw for more than 4,000 yards for the first time, and he had 26 touchdown passes with just five interceptions during the regular season. He led the Chiefs to back-to-back AFC West titles for the first time in franchise history, made the playoffs for the fourth time in five seasons and set all kinds of club records along the way, including pass attempts and postseason touchdown passes.

Reid has professed his admiration for Smith countless times over the years, and he was in favor of the trade that brought him to Kansas City from San Francisco. But the coach is also aware that the NFL is a business, and sometimes finances dictate difficult decisions.

”I can’t get into all that right now,” Reid said. ”I don’t know. We’ve got to go back and go through all of that. It’s a long process and surely after that game isn’t where you go with that.”

As the Chiefs head into the offseason, Smith isn’t the only topic of conversation:

RETIREMENT QUESTIONS: Chiefs linebackers Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali could consider hanging it up after another letdown. Johnson still played at a reasonably high level, and said he’ll head home to Texas and ponder his future, while Hali was reduced to a part-time role because of his ailing knees. If he does not retire, the Chiefs will almost certainly release him.

PROMISING YOUNGSTERS: The Chiefs have reason for optimism in that most of their biggest stars are young. Tyreek Hill had a breakout second season as a wide receiver Brian Urlacher Bears Jersey , Kareem Hunt led the league in rushing as a rookie and defensive tackle Chris Jones is an emerging star on the other side of the ball.

COACHING CHANGES: Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy and special teams coach Dave Toub are expected to interview for head coaching vacancies in Indianapolis and possibly Chicago. Nagy has become a hot target after taking over play-calling with great success midway through the season, while Toub had interviews last season for head coaching vacancies.

DRAFT DEARTH: The Chiefs have traded away many of their future picks to acquire talent, including their first-round selection this year as part of the deal that landed Mahomes last year. So, they have only a second, third, fourth and sixth in the upcoming draft, putting new general manager Brett Veach in quite a predicament as he tries to bolster a roster that was not quite good enough.

SNAKE-BIT FRANCHISE: Despite all the good that came of this season, the Chiefs still must feel like they’re a bit cursed. What would have happened had star safety Eric Berry not been lost for the season in their opener? Or if star tight end Travis Kelce didn’t go down in the first half against Tennessee with a concussion? ”The tendency is to look back and say, ”What happened?’ I don’t think that’s the way to go about it,” offensive lineman Mitchell Schwartz said. ”We just have to figure out how to play better.”

SALT LAKE CITY — An incredible turnaround is complete.

The Utah Jazz clinched an NBA playoff spot with two regular-season games left after beating the Los Angeles Lakers 112-97 on Sunday. It caps an unforeseen rise after the Jazz (47-33) were nine games below .500 in mid-January with a 19-28 record.

“What this group of guys has done — as far as being nine games below .500 and dealing with a lot of adversity and change — I’m really proud of their effort over the course of the season,” Jazz coach Quin Snyder told reporters on Sunday.

Now the question remaining is how far can Utah rise?

The Jazz still have plenty at stake when they host Golden State on Tuesday night. Not only can Utah claim the season series with the Warriors with another victory, they can keep hopes for claiming the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference alive. Portland currently leads the Jazz by a game in the race for that seed and the two division rivals face off on Wednesday.

In a real sense Authentic Malik Jefferson Jersey , every game still counts for Utah. And the Jazz don’t want to coast into the postseason.

“We want to stay right where we are at, if not, keep going higher,” Donovan Mitchell told reporters on Thursday. “We want to keep working and keep doing what we’ve been doing. If we keep playing like this we’ll be in good shape.”

Since Rudy Gobert returned to the lineup in January after missing 26 games with knee injuries, Utah has turned into a tough customer on both ends of the court. The Jazz rank 13th in the NBA in offensive efficiency (108.5) and lead the league in defensive efficiency (97.9) since mid-January.

Mitchell, who tallied 28 points, nine rebounds and eight assists against the Lakers, has led the way on offense. He is just the fifth NBA rookie to lead his team to the playoffs as the team’s leading scorer, joining Carmelo Anthony (Denver, 2003-04), David Robinson (San Antonio, 1989-90) Youth Taron Johnson Jersey , Chuck Person (Indiana, 1986-87) and Michael Jordan (Chicago, 1984-85).

No one needs to remind Golden State how dangerous the Jazz have become as the regular season winds down. The Warriors (58-23) have suffered two straight lopsided losses to Utah and they fell 129-99 to the Jazz in their other visit to Salt Lake City on Jan. 27.

Golden State has limped a bit into the postseason compared to previous years. The Warriors snapped a two-game losing streak with a 117-100 win over Phoenix on Sunday behind 34 points from Klay Thompson. Overall, Golden State has lost nine of its last 16 games and defense has been a primary factor behind the slump.

The Warriors allowed 126 points in back-to-back losses to Indiana and New Orleans. Both opponents lit up Golden State from the field. The Pelicans shot 56 percent, while the Pacers shot 54 percent — including 52 percent from 3-point range.

Warriors coach Steve Kerr publicly criticized his team’s defensive effort after the loss to Indiana and reiterated on Sunday that defense needs to be an area of focus and improvement heading into the playoffs.

“My main message is we’ve got to defend,” Kerr told reporters before Sunday’s win over the Suns. “We’ve got to get back to being a top-five defensive team. I probably chose my words poorly in Indianapolis. When I said they didn’t care, that didn’t mean that they didn’t ‘care.’ What that meant to me was they didn’t box out. They didn’t get in the passing lanes. They didn’t compete at a high level.”

Defense has been questionable in Golden State’s last two losses against Utah.

In January’s loss to the Jazz, for example, Utah shot 50 percent from 3-point range and 58 percent from the field overall. All five Jazz starters have averaged double figures in their last two games against the Warriors — with Mitchell leading the way at 20.5 points to go with 5.0 assists and 3.0 steals.

#46 2018-08-28 10:05:16

liny195
Пользователь

LeBron James looked at the clock and scoreboard and didn’t flinch.

It was time to fix things. His time. Closing time.

”He gets that look Cheap Derwin James Jersey ,” Cavaliers forward Kyle Korver said.

James scored 13 of his 33 points in the fourth quarter and rallied Cleveland from a 17-point deficit to stun the Washington Wizards 119-115 on Thursday night to maintain the No. 3 playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

The Cavs trailed 104-87 with 7:35 left before storming back behind James, who added 14 assists, nine rebounds and made sure coach Tyronn Lue got a win in his return after missing nine games due to health reasons.

Cleveland was down 14 when James checked in with 7:48 left, and 13 seconds later, the deficit swelled to 17 when the three-time champion took off on one of those runs that have made him famous.

”I don’t have a quit bone in me, so if I’m on the floor I’ve got to try to make plays happen no matter what the score is,” he said. ”That’s just my mindset.”

Jeff Green added 21 points and Kevin Love had 16 for the Cavs, who are 10-1 since March 17 Logan Woodside Color Rush Jersey , when Lue was forced to leave a game in Chicago with ”piercing” chest pains. Lue, who has changed his diet and is taking sleep medication, has come back to a Cleveland team that seems to be hitting its stride just in time for the playoffs.

But it took another of those patented James’ comebacks to down the Wizards, who have dropped seven of nine and are in a three-way battle with Milwaukee and Miami for playoff positioning.

Wizards coach Scott Brooks said he feared James would do exactly what he did.

”Like I said before the game, I’ll say it after the game and probably five years from now I’ll say the same thing,” he said. ”He’s the best player in the league and he does that every night. You don’t get to see players like him often.”

Washington’s John Wall looked more like his speedy All-Star self in his third game back from knee surgery, scoring 28 points with 14 assists. But he had a costly turnover in the closing seconds and the Wizards couldn’t put away the Cavs down the stretch.

Bradley Beal added 19 points, and Otto Porter had 18 for Washington.

A basket by Markieff Morris gave the Wizards a 110-100 lead with 3:16 left Antonio Senzatela Colorado Rockies Jersey , but James scored six straight, fed Green for layup, and Rodney Hood made two free throws to complete a 10-0 run by the Cavs. Morris then converted a three-point play, but Cleveland’s Kyle Korver knocked down a 3 in front of Washington’s bench – from nearly the same spot where he missed a big 3 in Game 3 of last year’s Finals.

”Yeah I was wide open and the ball was in the perfect pocket,” Korver said. ”I got to line it up and shoot it.”

Green’s two free throws – on a tough call against Wall, who appeared to make a clean steal – gave the Cavs a 116-115 lead, but after Walls missed a short jumper, James split a pair of three throws Youth Carolina Panthers Jerseys , giving Washington one last chance.

Wall drove the lane but instead of going to the basket, he attempted a twisting pass outside that was stolen by rookie Cedi Osman, who made two free throws to close it out.

”I already knew on the play before that I wasn’t going to get the call, so why even put myself in that position?” Wall said. ”I tried to find a teammate for a wide open shot. You just give that guy credit for making a great defensive stop.”

SEEDING

The Wizards remained in the No. 7 spot, sandwiched between the Heat and Bucks, who lost at home to Brooklyn.

MORE INJURIES

Lue came back to a familiar situation as the Cavs, who have endured injuries for months, were missing point guards Jose Calderon (hamstring) and George Hill (ankle).

TIP-INS

Wizards: Brooks said Wall will not play Friday night. He’s yet to play consecutive game since returning. … Wall lost weight during his recovery Authentic Luke Falk Jersey , and coach Scott Brooks said that should help the All-Star going forward. ”It’s going to be good for his long-term recovery,” Brooks said. ”It’s good for him. It’s good for us. He just needs to gets some reps.”

Cavaliers: Won their eighth straight at home. … James has scored 30 points in 429 games, tying Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for fifth place in league history. … Osman is the seventh different starting point guard for Cleveland, which because of injuries has had 29 starting lineups. … Lue was sorry to learn Celtics guard Kyrie Irving will miss the playoffs. Irving had a great run with Cleveland and will be forever remembered for his go-ahead 3-pointer in the closing minutes of Game 7 in the 2016 Finals. ”He was a big part of what we did here, a big part of winning the championship and even though he’s on another team you still don’t want to see anyone go through that,” Lue said.

UP NEXT

Wizards: Host Atlanta on Friday night.

Cavaliers: At Philadelphia on Friday night.

The Dallas Cowboys have activated defensive end Randy Gregory off the non-football injury list after a year away from football on a substance-abuse suspension.

Gregory has played in just two of the past 32 regular-season games because of multiple suspensions. Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated him not long before the Cowboys reported to training camp in California.

The former Nebraska standout participated in a walkthrough practice for the first time Wednesday. Gregory wasn't expected to participate in the padded practice in the afternoon. Coach Jason Garrett said Dallas is "still going to be very deliberate with him."

The 25-year-old was banned for the first four games of 2016 before a 10-game suspension was announced while he served the first penalty. Gregory was suspended indefinitely after getting his first career sack in the final game of the 2016 regular season.

#47 2018-08-28 10:27:42

liny195
Пользователь

鈥?The Latest on the NFL draft (all times local):11:25 p.m.LSU running back Derrius Guice 49ers Tarvarius Moore Jersey , Iowa All-American cornerback Josh Jackson and Texas offensive lineman Connor Williams were left in the green room when the first round of the draft ended.Twenty-two players were invited to attend the draft at AT&T Stadium, including UCF’s Shaquem Griffin, who was not expected to go in the first round .For the others, it was a long and unsatisfying night, but Guice, Jackson and Williams are safe bets to be selected during day two.The top quarterback left on the board after five were taken in the first round is Mason Rudolph of Oklahoma State.Other notable players still available are linebacker Harold Landry of Boston College, linebacker Arden Key of LSU and running backs Ronald Jones of USC and Nick Chubb of Georgia.11 p.m.A year after having just 14 players taken in the entire NFL draft, worst among Power Five conferences, the Big 12 had one player taken in the first round on Thursday night 鈥?the first player.Baker Mayfield of Oklahoma went first overall and then not another player from a Big 12 school was selected.The Southeastern Conference led the way with 10 selections, including four from Alabama and three from Georgia 鈥?the teams that played for the national championship.The Big 12 had as many players taken in the first round as Conference USA and the American Athletic Conference.Last season the AAC had one more player taken in the entire draft than the Big 12.10:45 p.m.The New England Patriots made their second pick of the first round, taking another player from Georgia at No 31.Running back Sony Michel will join offensive tackle Isaiah Wynn in New England.With the final pick of the first round, Baltimore traded with Philadelphia back into the first round and took the fifth quarterback and second Heisman Trophy winner of the first round.Lamar Jackson was selected No. 32 overall. Jackson won the Heisman in 2016 and finished third in the voting last season.10:35 p.m.The Seattle Seahawks took the second running back for the first round, selecting Rashaad Penny from San Diego State at No. 27.Penny led the nation in rushing yards last season.With the 29th pick, Jacksonville added to its strong defensive line with tackle Taven Bryan from nearby Florida.The Vikings added Central Florida cornerback Mike Hughes at No. 30. Hughes is also a dangerous return man.10:27 p.m.Injured Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier announced Pittsburgh’s first-round pick at the NFL draft, limping slowly onto the stage with help.Shazier sustained a major back injury and underwent surgery on Dec. 6. He called out the name of safety Terrell Edmunds of Virginia Tech with pick No. 28.Shazier Authentic Sergei Bobrovsky Jersey , whose future in football is uncertain at best, was introduced by Commissioner Roger Goodell and received strong applause from the fans at AT&T Stadium outside of Dallas.Edmunds’ younger brother, linebacker Tremaine Edwards, also of Virginia Tech, was selected 16th overall by Buffalo. It’s the first time brothers have gone in the first round of the same draft.10 p.m.The first tight end drafted was taken by one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history.The Baltimore Ravens and general manager Ozzie Newsome took Hayden Hurst from South Carolina with the 25th pick in the first round.The Ravens have twice traded back in the first round, first dealing No. 16 to Buffalo, then giving No. 22 to the Titans.This is the final draft for Newsome, who has failed to make a trade in only two drafts since 1996. He didn’t make deals in 2001 and last year.Atlanta picked Alabama receiver Calvin Ridley at No. 26 to pair him with another former Alabama star, Julio Jones.9:50 p.m.Tennessee traded up with Baltimore to make the 22nd pick and went with Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans, the third Crimson Tide player taken in the first round.New England made its first pick of the first round and plugged a hole on its offensive line, taking Georgia’s Isaiah Wynn, who played both guard and tackle with the Bulldogs.Six offensive linemen were taken before the first wide receiver came off the board. The Carolina Panthers took Maryland’s D.J. Moore at No. 24.9:30 p.m.A mini-run on centers.Detroit took Frank Ragnow from Arkansas with the 20th pick to help protect Matthew Stafford. Ragnow can also play guard.Then the Cincinnati Bengals took Billy Price from Ohio State, another interior lineman who can also play guard at No. 21. The Bengals’ offense struggled mightily last season because of a porous offensive line.Also, the Pittsburgh Steelers have traded enigmatic wide receiver Martavis Bryant to the Oakland Raiders.The Steelers will receive Oakland’s third-round pick in exchange for Bryant, who showed flashes of brilliance in three seasons with Pittsburgh but also regularly ran afoul of the league’s substance abuse policy.Bryant caught 17 touchdowns in 36 games for the Steelers Tre'Quan Smith Color Rush Jersey , but was suspended twice for drug violations. He missed four games in 2015 and all of the 2016 season.Bryant returned last spring but was quickly surpassed by JuJu Smith-Schuster on the depth chart. He asked for a trade in late September and was deactivated for a game after calling out Smith-Schuster in a post on social media.The 6-foot-4 Bryant has the size and speed to give Oakland quarterback Derek Carr a serious downfield threat. Bryant averaged 15.3 yards per reception with the Steelers.9:22 p.m.The Dallas Cowboys pick sent the fans at AT&T Stadium into a frenzy of anticipation for the home team.The Cowboys passed on filling a need at wide receiver and selected Boise State linebacker Leighton Vander Esch, a late bloomer who didn’t play 11-man football in high school.There still has not been a receiver selected.One pick earlier, Green Bay picked cornerback Jaire Alexander from Louisville to help their secondary. The Packers traded down to add more picks later.Alexander missed much of last season with injuries, but was Third time was the charm for James Harden.

The Houston Rockets star was voted the NBA’s Most Valuable Player after twice being runner-up, beating out four-time winner LeBron James and Anthony Davis of the Pelicans at the NBA Awards on Monday night.

Harden joined Michael Jordan as the only players to average at least 20 points, eight assists, five rebounds and 1.7 steals in a season.

He led the league in scoring, 3-pointers and 50-point games with four while helping the Rockets to an NBA-leading 65 wins.

”The last four years have been like knocking on the door, knocking on the door. Now the moment is finally here,” Harden said backstage. ”Just every single year you try to come back and be better than you were the year before, and just to be holding that trophy finally, it means a lot.”

James didn’t attend the show in Barker Hangar at the Santa Monica Airport amid frenzied speculation about his future. He has until Friday to tell the Cavaliers if he will pick up his $35.6 million option for next season or opt for free agency.

Harden, who is from Los Angeles, led his mother on stage before he accepted the trophy from Commissioner Adam Silver.

”I’m not going to get emotional,” he said from behind dark sunglasses. ”She’s my backbone in good times and bad times.”

Harden received a total of 965 points and 86 first-place votes. James finished second with 738 points and 15 first-place votes Luke Falk Color Rush Jersey , while Davis was third with 445 points and no first-place votes.

Harden didn’t prepare a speech.

”I felt like last year I should have won as well, so I didn’t see a difference between last year and this year,” he said backstage. ”If I won it, then I was going to go off the top and try to show my appreciation to everybody helping me along the way.”

Harden’s teammate, Chris Paul, popped up among reporters backstage and asked Harden how many bottles of liquor Rockets CEO Tad Brown would have to buy at the next location.

”Couple cases,” Harden said, grinning.

The Rockets had another winner in Daryl Morey, who was honored as Executive of the Year.

In other awards, Ben Simmons of the Philadelphia 76ers won Rookie of the Year.

The guard averaged 15 points, eight rebounds and eight assists, joining Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson as the only rookies to post those numbers in a season.

Simmons helped Philadelphia to a 52-30 record, including ending the season with a 16-game winning streak.

He beat out finalists Donovan Mitchell of Utah and Jayson Tatum of Boston.

Guard Victor Oladipo of the Indiana Pacers earned Most Improved Player.

He averaged 23.1 points in his first season with the Pacers while nabbing his first All-Star berth. He also led the league in steals for the first time.

The Defensive Player of the Year went to center Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz.

He was the leading vote-getter for the league’s All-Defensive first team while anchoring a Jazz defense that ranked second in the NBA in defensive rating.

Lou Williams of the Los Angeles Clippers took Sixth Man honors.

The guard became the first player to average at least 20 points for the first time in his 13th season or later. He led the league in fourth-quarter points and scoring average.

Williams kissed his two young daughters on his way to the stage after becoming the Clippers’ third winner in the last five years.

Dwane Casey was chosen Coach of the Year for his work with the Toronto Raptors, who fired him last month. He has since become coach of the Detroit Pistons.

”Can’t look in the rear view mirror,” Casey said backstage. ”Winston Churchill said success is measured by failure Authentic Blake McLaughlin Jersey , failure, and then come back with enthusiasm, and that’s what I’ve done.”

Casey led the Raptors to the No. 1 seed in the East for the first time in franchise history after winning a team-record 59 games. Casey coached the East in the All-Star Game for the first time.

Casey won over Quin Snyder of Utah and Brad Stevens of Boston.

Robertson received the Lifetime Achievement Award from presenters Charles Barkley and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

After Barkley mentioned last year’s recipient Bill Russell, Boston’s Hall of Fame center flipped his middle finger in Barkley’s direction.

Robertson is the career leader in triple-doubles and was the first player to average one for a season. His antitrust case against the NBA also ushered in free agency for players, which Robertson said was his most important assist.

Backstage, Robertson commended the activism of today’s players, although he wondered why more white athletes aren’t speaking out.

”The only thing that really bothers me is where are the white athletes when this is happening?” he said. ”This is not a black athlete problem. You see injustice in the world. It’s all around.”

Robertson went on to say he hopes ”the whites and the blacks get together, even with the football,” a reference to NFL players who have taken a knee or sat in silence during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality.

Former NBA player Dikembe Mutombo received the Sager Strong Award, named for the late Turner Sports broadcaster. He donned a garish sports coat similar to what Craig Sager always wore.

The Hustle Award went to Amir Johnson of the 76ers.

#48 2018-08-28 10:40:54

liny195
Пользователь

Another day Youth San Francisco 49ers Jerseys , another Cincinnati grand slam.

Jose Peraza kept up the parade of slams, sending Matt Harvey and the Reds over the NL Central-leading Milwaukee Brewers 8-2 Sunday.

Peraza connected in the sixth inning for the Reds’ major league-leading ninth slam this year, tying the single-season franchise record set in 2002. It was Cincinnati’s second in two games and third in the last eight – pitcher Mike Lorenzen had a pinch-hit slam Saturday, and pitcher Anthony DeSclafani went deep with the bases loaded on June 24 against the Cubs.

”I just tried to hit the ball,” the shortstop said. ”When I hit the ball in the sky, I say, `Wow, it’s a home run.’ Everybody is happy.”

Peraza hit his first career slam, tagging reliever Aaron Wilkerson.

Eight different Reds have hit grand slams. Adam Duvall is the only player with two.

The last-place Reds have won 11 of 14, and the last eight of 11 against teams that were in first place when their series started.

”We know we can play with these guys (division leaders),” manager Jim Riggleman said. ”We’ve got to go through those guys and win our share.”

Harvey (4-5) allowed two hits in 5 2/3 innings and won his third straight start as the Reds salvaged a split of the four-game series. Ryan Braun’s two-run homer in the ninth allowed the Brewers to avoid their 11th shutout loss of the season.

Joey Votto Youth Anthony Averett Jersey , National League RBI leader Eugenio Suarez and Scott Schebler had consecutive run-scoring singles in the first inning against previously unbeaten rookie Freddy Peralta (3-1).

Harvey, acquired in May from the Mets, struck out six and walked none. The right-hander didn’t return after a 54-minute rain delay.

”It was one of those when you come in and try to do as much as you can,” Harvey said. ”You come in and put a heat pack on, but once it creeps up to an hour … That’s the best I’ve felt in a long time. I could smell the CG (complete game) coming or at least getting deep in the game. I was pretty much in control the whole time, but I’m happy about the outing and another Reds win.”

Pitching in a gametime temperature of 93 humid degrees, Harvey retired the first 12 batters before Travis Shaw outflanked a defensive shift with an opposite-field single to left leading off the fifth.

Cincinnati’s first six batters reached base against Peralta, who’d allowed just a .093 opponents’ batting average (7 for 75) in his first four starts, all Milwaukee wins. He recovered from throwing 43 pitches in the first inning to retire the last 10 and 15 of the last 16 batters he faced.

”It started out rough,” Milwaukee manager Craig Counsell said. ”He righted it. It was cool to see him right it. That’s a lesson that you’ve got to get it going right away or a big league team will take advantage of it. I thought he handled it very well.”

CHANGE OF SCENERY

The Brewers optioned .197-hitting SS Orlando Arcia to Triple-A Colorado Springs before the game. ”He’s been a good major league hitter,” Counsell said. ”He’s been a dominant minor league hitter. We’re confident he will get things going again.”

MOVING UP

Votto’s two hits pushed him past Hall of Famer Frank Robinson into ninth place on the Reds’ career hits list with 1 Paul Worrilow Jersey Elite ,674. Brandon Phillips is eighth with 1,774 hits.

LAST MINUTE

Braun’s ninth-inning homer gave the Brewers at least one in each of their last 19 games at Great American Ball Park, the longest streak by any team, including the Reds.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Brewers: OF Christian Yelich took some swings before Sunday’s game, the third he’d missed since leaving Thursday’s game with a tight lower back.

UP NEXT

Brewers: LHP Brent Suter (8-5) is 6-2 with a 3.50 ERA over his last eight starts.

Reds: RHP Luis Castillo (5-8) didn’t allow a home run in his last start, but he still leads NL pitchers in homers allowed with 18.

A fist pump and a late fastball on the cusp of 100 mph was all the indication needed to know just how good German Marquez felt Saturday.

He pitched two-hit ball over eight innings and Ian Desmond homered as the Colorado Rockies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-1.

Marquez (6-8) retired his first 15 batters before Enrique Hernandez connected for a home run off the left-field foul pole leading off the sixth. After a Chase Utley single, Marquez dispatched the Dodgers on three fly balls to end the inning and pumped his right fist to emphasize the moment.

”Isn’t that great? I loved that” Rockies manager Bud Black said of the fist pump. ”He uses (his energy) with his fastball. I want him to use it with his fastball but not overthrow. There is a time you can stand on a pitch and lean on it and I think he does that.”

He appeared to do just that with his fastball in the eighth inning. Facing Hernandez two innings after the home run, Marquez struck out the Dodgers’ utility man on a 99.9 mph fastball.

”No doubt I let it rip on that one,” Marquez said through an interpreter. ”But I worked hard in my preparation in between starts and my goal is to maintain my stamina deep into games. I think today I was able to accomplish that.”

Marquez struck out nine and walked none after entering with a 5.53 ERA, third-worst among qualified National League starters.

The Rockies closed out June with three consecutive victories and two consecutive over the Dodgers after getting swept by Los Angeles in a three-game series at Coors Field to begin the month. Colorado finished June with an 11-16 record.

Dodgers starter Kenta Maeda (5-5) gave up three runs, two earned Connor Williams Jersey Elite , on five hits over seven innings and lost for the first time in four June starts. He had a short stint on the disabled list during the month due to a right hip strain. He struck out nine for the second consecutive start.

”It was a good outing,” Maeda said through an interpreter. ”My desire is to be able to pitch deeper into the game and being able to pitch seven innings and is a good thing. But unfortunately, we didn’t get the win and that was something we wanted.”

The Rockies took a 1-0 lead in the fourth when DJ LeMahieu scored from third base on a passed ball by catcher Yasmani Grandal. Nolan Arenado struck out, but advanced to first with LeMahieu scoring when the ball got through Grandal.

Desmond went deep in the fifth for a 2-0 lead. It was his 17th home run of the season and career-best 13th on the road.

Trevor Story doubled for the Rockies in the seventh and scored on Chris Iannetta’s single to make it 3-1.

After a strong start to the month, the Dodgers finished June with a 17-9 record, losing four of their last five games.

CLOSER FOR THE DAY

Rockies reliever Adam Ottavino pitched the ninth Saturday for his second save. Closer Wade Davis, who earned the save after Tyler Anderson’s eight-inning outing Friday, was given the night off.

”He pitched great and he deserved to win,” Ottavino said of Marquez. ”That’s two games straight that we got eight innings out of our starters so we appreciate that down in the bullpen. I think everybody does on the team so I think that was just an awesome job by (Marquez).”

Davis is expected to return to the closer role Sunday.

DODGERS DRIVE 55

Hernandez’s home run gave the Dodgers 55 in the month of June, to increase their franchise record for a month. The previous record of 53 was set in June of last season.

His home run was his 14th of the season and third this week. Max Muncy and Joc Pederson each finished with 10 home runs in June. Pederson has 11 on the season.

”I worked really hard in the off season to get stronger and get in better shape,” said Hernandez Youth Kalen Ballage Jersey , whose previous best was 11 home runs last season. ”Last year I hit a lot of doubles and this year those doubles are turning into homers. Hopefully we can keep swinging the bats in July the way we are in June.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Rockies: OF David Dahl (broken right foot) is out of a walking boot and will join the team Monday in Colorado to continue his rehab.

Dodgers: RHP Walker Buehler (right rib microfracture), who made one appearance this week after returning from the DL, will likely need two starts at Class A Rancho Cucamonga before he returns to the Dodgers, according to manager Dave Roberts. … RHP Pedro Baez (right biceps tendinitis) threw a 30-pitch bullpen session, but no timetable for his return has been revealed.

UP NEXT

Rockies right-hander Chad Bettis (5-1, 5.07 ERA) will be back on the road where he excels, as his five road victories were tied for third in the National League at the start of play Saturday. Dodgers right-hander Ross Stripling (6-2, 1.98) has a loss and a no-decision in his past two starts following a six-start win streak.

#49 2018-08-28 10:55:11

liny195
Пользователь

A.J. Hinch wiped the sweat from his brow after watching his Astros win their 10th straight game on Saturday Authentic Braden Smith Jersey , joking that he might get tossed early the next time out to avoid the Kansas City heat.

The skipper hasn’t been sweating many outcomes lately.

Houston’s latest solid start came from Dallas Keuchel, who allowed the Royals two unearned runs over six sharp innings. Its latest offense came from Max Stassi and Alex Bregman, who belted three-run homers at spacious Kauffman Stadium. And its latest win was a 10-2 rout as the heat index eclipsed 100 degrees.

”I’m really happy with how consistently the guys are showing up expecting to win, and then going out and doing it,” Hinch said. ”We’re a hard team to beat right now.”

No matter the situation. No matter the conditions.

”Winning streak, no winning streak, it doesn’t matter. We just play our game,” said Bregman, who survived the blazing sun and oppressive heat, which sent Stassi and Astros first baseman Yuli Gurriel to the clubhouse with symptoms of dehydration.

Jose Altuve hit a two-run double in the first to send the World Series champions on their way. The Astros have won the first nine games on their 10-game road swing, already making it the best trip in club history with the series finale still to come on Sunday.

Coincidentally, the Astros had an 11-game win streak end in Kansas City last season.

Keuchel (4-8) has begun to emerge from a monthlong funk Customized New Orleans Saints Jerseys , allowing two unearned runs and six hits in six innings. The 2015 Cy Young winner had surrendered a combined 17 runs over his last three outings, and had not won since tossing seven scoreless innings against Texas on May 13.

Meanwhile, the Royals have lost five straight and are 2-12 since the calendar flipped to June.

”We’ve been around this clubhouse for a while to the point that we’ve had our ups, we’ve had our downs,” Royals pitcher Danny Duffy said. ”We know what we need to do to come out of them, it’s just about doing exactly that. It’s not ideal where we’re at right now. It’s pretty much the opposite of what we drew up coming into the year. We got to come out of this stretch ourselves.”

Duffy (3-7) had been pitching well of late, going seven shutout innings his last time out. But the Royals left-hander allowed seven runs on seven hits and three walks in just six innings, becoming the most recent starting pitcher to have a rough time with the Astros’ potent lineup.

”We’ve played some good baseball. Obviously the teams we’ve been playing have played better than we have,” he said.

Duffy was in trouble right from the start. George Springer opened the game with a walk, Bregman added a single and Altuve ripped a double to give the Astros a 2-0 lead.

The Astros tacked on two more runs in the fifth, getting some help from third baseman Mike Moustakas, who flubbed an easy grounder that led to an unearned run. And after Kansas City matched the tally in the bottom half Sam Darnold Jersey Jets , the Astros’ big bats put the game out of reach.

Stassi began by swatting Duffy’s 1-0 pitch to left field for a 7-2 lead, and Bregman added his homer in the ninth inning to extend his career-best on-base streak to 27 consecutive games.

The only consolation for the Royals was that they weren’t grand slams. They pitching staff had served up one of them each of the past two games, including Evan Gattis‘ in the series opener.

”This is a tough club,” Royals manager Ned Yost said. ”You make a mistake and they make you pay.”

STATS AND STREAKS

Royals C Drew Butera snapped a 0-for-16 skid with a single in the third inning. LF Alex Gordon ended a 0-for-13 slump with a single in the sixth. … Houston is now a season-high 22 games over .500.

SO LONG, SOLER

Royals OF Jorge Soler will miss at least six weeks after breaking a bone in his left foot during the series opener. Soler will head to the DL but with Triple-A Omaha on the West Coast, a corresponding roster move will not be made until Sunday. Soler was hitting .265 with nine homers and 28 RBIs.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Royals: 1B Lucas Duda will begin a rehab assignment with Omaha on Sunday, Yost said. Duda has been out since May 14 with plantar fasciitis in his right foot.

UP NEXT

The Royals send RHP Brad Keller (1-2, 2.31 ERA) to the mound in the hopes of avoiding a sweep. The Astros counter with RHP Lance McCullers Jr. (8-3, 3.83 ERA) as they try to keep their streak going.

Derrick Henry has patiently waited for his chance to shine and now heading into his third NFL season the 2015 Heisman Trophy winner will have his chance.

Henry isn’t sharing any specific goals for yards or touchdowns, but the Tennessee Titans running back made one thing clear: He is looking forward to a big season.

”I definitely want to be dominant this year,” Henry said, adding that he plans to make the most of any opportunities he gets. The former Alabama standout said he just wants to ”make plays for this offense Authentic Arden Key Jersey , be a consistent back. Make plays any chance that I’m in there and just do what I’m asked.”

And above all else, Henry wants to ”help this team win games.”

The soft-spoken Henry gave a glimpse of just what he could do in the NFL in the Titans’ comeback victory in Kansas City , running for 156 yards for the second-best playoff performance in franchise history.

But Henry doesn’t define being dominant by putting up big numbers.

Henry’s definition is ”having a great game every game and have an impact every game at my position. …. How I make plays and what I do throughout the game to help this team win.”

There were questions why general manager Jon Robinson used his third pick in the second round in 2016 to select Henry only weeks after trading for DeMarco Murray , the 2014 NFL Offensive Player of the Year. Turned out to be a good move; the Titans cut Murray in March after his production dropped last season.

They also signed Dion Lewis to join Henry in the backfield, but the 6-foot-3, 247-pound Henry led the Titans with 744 yards rushing last season despite starting only two games and getting eight fewer carries than Murray.

”Dions’ a great guy, and we’ve been getting along very well,” Henry said. ”Very excited to have a tandem together.”

The Titans aren’t saying who will start at running back. Tennessee plays Aug. 9 at Green Bay the regular season opener is Sept. 9 at Miami.

Lewis was signed for his skills catching passes out of the backfield to fit the new offense being installed by coordinator Matt LaFleur. Henry didn’t have as much of a chance to showcase his hands in college with just 17 catches, but he did have 35 yards receiving in last year’s wild-card game in Kansas City.

That helped Henry set a franchise-record in the postseason with 191 yards from scrimmage, topping the mark of 178 yards set by Billy Cannon on Jan. 1, 1961, in the AFL.

First-year head coach Mike Vrabel said everyone is working for a starting job.

”As we continue to work through the offense and through the plays and the complimentary type of football that we want to run Cheap Alex Cappa Jersey , some of those things will sort themselves out. The plays that we like with Dion and the plays that we like with Derrick are going to start to emerge,” Vrabel said.

One thing’s for sure: LaFleur’s offense will be leaning on outside zone runs, and that should play into Henry’s strength. That’s what he ran in college at Alabama where he became the Crimson Tide’s all-time leading rusher with 3,591 yards and 42 TDs rushing.

”I like it a lot,” Henry said of the offensive scheme.

NOTES: Safety Johnathan Cyprien walked off the field Wednesday with trainers after apparently hurting his left knee. … Vrabel said CB Malcolm Butler and DL Jurrell Casey had the day off to help them with a couple issues hoping they return Thursday. Vrabel said rookie LB Rashaan Evans, the No. 22 pick overall, is day to day with an unspecified injury. … The Titans placed OT John Theus on the reserve/retired list.

#50 2018-08-28 11:15:06

liny195
Пользователь

The New York Jets shook up the NFL draft on Saturday by soaring three spots to No. 3 overall in a stunning swap with the Indianapolis Colts.

The Jets acquired the third pick in a strong sign that they intend to get one of the top quarterbacks available. They sent the Colts their first-rounder – No. 6 overall – along with two second-rounders this year and a second-rounder next year to complete the massive deal.

Colts general manager Chris Ballard said the teams had been discussing a potential trade since early in the week.

”They had an interest to move up to (No.) 3 and kind of went back and forth for the last four or five days Cheap Robert Golden Jersey ,” Ballard said in a video posted on the Colts’ website. ”Talked to a couple other teams, but we still wanted to stay in position in that top 10 where we could still get a premium player. We feel like at (No.) 6, we’ll still be able to get a premium player.”

After losing out to Minnesota in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes at the start of free agency, New York re-signed veteran Josh McCown and agreed to terms with Teddy Bridgewater, both on one-year deals. But it was believed the Jets would still focus on finding a quarterback of the future with their first-round pick in next month’s draft.

By moving up to No. 3, New York assures itself of getting one of the top-rated quarterbacks available. USC’s Sam Darnold, UCLA’s Josh Rosen, Wyoming’s Josh Allen and Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield are all considered potential top-five selections.

General manager Mike Maccagnan has been zeroing in on the QBs up close, attending the pro days of both Mayfield and Rosen. He also plans to attend the pro days for Darnold and Allen.

The Jets have been very active during the first few days of the NFL’s free agency period , which officially began Wednesday. In addition to the moves with McCown and Bridgewater, New York signed cornerback Trumaine Johnson , running back Isaiah Crowell Authentic Kolton Miller Jersey , kicker Cairo Santos and linebacker Avery Williamson , and agreed to terms with center Spencer Long. The Jets also re-signed cornerback Morris Claiborne, defensive lineman Mike Pennel, offensive tackle Ben Ijalana and safety Terrence Brooks.

The flurry of activity comes as the Jets look to improve on two straight 5-11 seasons and try to end a seven-year playoff drought. Getting a quarterback to build around was a priority entering this offseason – familiar territory for a franchise that mostly has struggled to find sustained success under center since the days of Joe Namath. The Jets have had 30 starting quarterbacks since Broadway Joe’s last game for them in 1976. The last time New York took a quarterback with a high first-round pick was 2009, when it drafted Mark Sanchez. After helping lead the Jets to the AFC championship game his first two seasons, Sanchez mostly struggled, and the likes of Greg McElroy, Geno Smith, Michael Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty and McCown have all started games in the years since.

With this deal, New York has a chance to find its new face of the franchise. But Maccagnan & Co. know there will be big-time pressure on them to make the correct choice at No. 3. The last time the Jets had the third pick was 1981 Bradley Zimmer Cleveland Indians Jersey , when they took UCLA running back Freeman McNeil, who made three Pro Bowls during his 12-year NFL career and was inducted into the team’s Ring of Honor.

For the Colts, they now have nine picks overall and appear to be in a rebuilding phase after going 4-12 and missing the playoffs for the third straight year. Getting extra picks from the Jets will surely help, giving Indianapolis four selections in the top 50 in this year’s draft.

Questions still surround the status of quarterback Andrew Luck’s surgically repaired right shoulder, leading rusher Frank Gore is a free agent and Indianapolis still needs to fix a leaky offensive line. The Colts also need improvements on defense after finishing 30th overall and 31st in sacks.

The Colts had done very little in free agency – until Saturday. They signed backup defensive end Denico Autry from Oakland to a three-year deal and already have lost two other key players: receiver Donte Moncrief, an occasional starter, and emerging cornerback Rashaan Melvin.

It is widely believed that the Colts were very interested in N.C. State defensive end Bradley Chubb with the No. 3 pick. Indianapolis still might be able to land the promising pass rusher at No. 6, especially if three or more quarterbacks are taken in the first five spots. That is, if the Colts don’t do some more wheeling and dealing before the April 26-28 draft with their plethora of picks.

”We’ll still be open if an opportunity – the right opportunity – presents itself at six to move down,” Ballard said. ”But right now, we feel pretty good. It would have to be a pretty attractive offer for us to move away from six because of the player we think we’re going to get.”

AP Sports Writer Michael Marot in Indianapolis contributed to this report.

Marlins closer Kyle Barraclough was the National League’s best reliever in June, which makes him a trade target in July.

The hard-throwing right-hander was chosen NL reliever of the month Jessie Bates III Jersey , an honor that will assume a prominent place in his collection, partly because there’s little competition.

”I don’t really have many items on my trophy shelf,” Barraclough said Monday. ”A high school championship, maybe. I try not to pay much attention to individual awards. I like to win games.”

As the trade deadline approaches, Barraclough’s recent dominance makes him attractive to contending teams looking to shore up their bullpens. And with the Marlins in a rebuilding mode, they’ll listen to offers.

Barraclough allowed one hit in 36 at-bats in June, tossed 12 scoreless innings and converted all seven save chances while the Marlins went 14-14, their best month this season.

Barraclough began this week on a streak of 20 2/3 consecutive scoreless innings dating to May 8. He had a .085 batting average against for the season, lowest in the majors. His ERA of 0.99 was fourth-lowest.

He moved into the closer’s role a month ago for the first time in his career, and the change brought stability to a bullpen that had been one of Miami’s weakest areas.

”Kyle has been great,” manager Don Mattingly said. ”Getting that reliability back there has been really good for us.”

Barraclough has a fastball that clocks in the upper 90s, and in 2016-17 he averaged 12.3 strikeouts per nine innings. His whiffs are down slightly this year http://www.49ersauthorizedshops.com/aut … mer-jersey , but walks also are down thanks to improved command.

”Attacking the strike zone has been the big thing the last two months or so,” he said. ”Getting ahead of the hitters has put everyone on the defensive and allowed me to use my off-speed stuff.”

The result is more efficient outings. Barraclough’s pitch counts for his June saves, all requiring three outs, were 13, 11, 14, 14, 11, 10, 10.

”You don’t need to throw 25 pitches and strike everyone out,” he said. ”A groundout is just as good as a strikeout.”

Board footer

© 2010-2018, Все права защищены Партнерская сеть «ActionPay»